Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

No I didn't get your message...

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by trackstand, Mar 13, 2005.

1. trackstand

trackstand Senior Member

Does anyone else share my mutual hatred of voicemail? Not only do I hate getting messages, I hate leaving them too. Some people are really good at leaving messages, but apparently not me. A super cute girl lost interest in me recently after I left her some stupid voicemail. Not the first time that has happened, either. Except the other one wasn't too cute. I get so ticked off when I leave a message, press 2 to listen to it, then I think it is stupid, or I sound stupid, I press 3, re-record and the cycle just continues... That results in my shutting my flip phone in anger only to curse myself because the message that I DID NOT WANT TO LEAVE has been left. 5-4-3-2-1 VOICEMAIL IS DUMB.

See, my problem with voicemail is people can leave you a message making a completely unreasonable demand and I can't immediately tell them how stupid and irrational they are being, it's like by default they get the last word, and fuck do I hate when someone gets the last word. It's like for example my friend calls me and he is telling me how I was supposed to meet him and I blew him off (no homo, thanks). Well, what this kid doesn't understand is that I had something important to take care of. Bad example, but you get the point.

Oh, how about when you don't answer someones call because you don't want to talk to them and they decide to leave you a message anyway, then, it is obvious that you are the fucking asshole because you still don't call them back? Isn't that a great perk? MY INBOX WILL REMAIN FULL FOR ALL OF ETERNITY.

Well, my new greeting is me saying DON'T LEAVE A MESSAGE BECAUSE I DON'T CHECK THEM, IF YOU DO DON'T TAKE IT PERSONAL WHEN I DON'T CALL YOU BACK, DOESN'T APPLY TO JOB CALLBACKS. Seems like a perfectly rational solution to me.

To listen to your message press 2, to re-record press 3,
    Trackstand

2. LaCosaNostra

LaCosaNostra Senior Member

i dunno about that, but what's with your part in FC everyone's talking about it.. :chicken:

3. trackstand

trackstand Senior Member

It's a part where I am not checking my voicemail, it has nothing to do with graffiti, actually.

4. LaCosaNostra

LaCosaNostra Senior Member

so i hear...get on aim playa

5. Mr. Chad

Mr. Chad Member

i hate leaving voicemail messages

6. Dr. Dazzle

Dr. Dazzle Veteran Member

I sound like a complete fool when I leave messages. "Hi, um, this is Dr. Dazzle calling RE: our prior rendezvous. If you could RSVP at my home or place of business that would be, um, swell."

Or I completely forget/run out of things to say mid-message. Oh my god I hate it. This is why if I ever hear that beep, I just hang up. There's probably hundreds of 1 second messages of me breathing, or sighing, or coughing before I hang up.....

7. FunktionOne

FunktionOne Member

I don't even like talking on the phone

8. The Leader

The Leader Senior Member

Thats why you don't listen to the message you leave.

Leaving a voice mail is like choosing a multiple choice answer to a question you do not know. It is always best to go with your first answer. Don't second guess it, and by second guessing I mean listen to it.

9. CACashRefund

CACashRefund 12oz Loyalist

The same goes for me. I never leave messages.

10. dr.testical

dr.testical Senior Member

its a fucking message

11. i feel this way towards text messages from members of the female sex.

12. AORAone

AORAone Veteran Member

i dont leave messages either, i hate it.

13. GREENOJOS

GREENOJOS Member

hahaha. great thread. i hate recording my own phone message that people will be hearing when they call to leave me a message. it always seems corny as shit to me, and i hate it.

as far as checking my messages goes and people who leave me a message, i dont mind that really, however, i just got a new phone and i still havent figured out how to program the fucking thing so that i can check my messages. so the only way i know you called is by checking to see who my last couple of missed calls were from and then call those people back (if i choose to ofcourse).

i kind of miss being without a cell phone and not being able to be tracked down by family or friends or whoever else for that matter. then when you finally do run into someone, they're all like "thank fucking god i found you, haven't seen you in forever and i've been looking all over for you".

haha.

14. The Leader

The Leader Senior Member

I have been thinking about getting rid of the cell and just getting a house phone. Well, apartment phone. It seems much more classier to me. And my new thing is being classy.

15. Vanity

Vanity Veteran Member

funny.. i've been thinking of getting rid of the house phone and just using a payphone