Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

no flicks, just rants and raves

Discussion in 'Third Rail' started by melvinakro, Jul 11, 2002.

1. melvinakro

melvinakro Junior Member

you're the ones who read the latest mass appeal on the train ride back home from scrap yard, feeling like youre up on real new york graffiti because you know ken cappelos irak collection by heart while you ignore the miles of gems just out your train window. you're the ones who can't wait to get to the the graffiti capital of the world, where you proceed to take pictrues of year,merz,noel, kerse,skrew,rates and post them on a website peretrating the fraud that they rep new york. youre the ones who go the shows, blackbook in hand, praying that some attention craving looser wearing camo and a filas visor will sign your book. your'e the ones who spend hours dissecting every last detail of a loomit piece you found somewhere in brooklyn, feeling like youre on the cutting edge of this magical art form. you're the maggots, the ones who make the job of some blood sucking advertising executive for reebok or pepsi so easy.
    you're the ones who don't see us coming.

2. Daddy_Screw

Daddy_Screw Guest

yeh.they're selling our own revolution back to us.real writers recognise.

a coupla flix woulda been nice

3. Vlad

Vlad Senior Member

wrong forum

4. Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden Veteran Member

you know what the best thing you could do about all this is?

go on the internet and cry about it.

oh wait. you seem to be ahead of me already. go you.

5. whydontyudie

whydontyudie Guest

hes right though
    but you dont see me complaining cause i been into this shit long befopre pathetic D&B kids were wearing tribal thanks to fred durst. I love graffitti because of the culture and the lifestyle you have to live to be in it, not because i have nothing better to do and six years into sketching i picked up a can and decided to get the fuck up, no longer sticking tags here and there and crappy marker bombs in bathroom stalls. I will master the contorl of cans and it will be a media i wont let go of even if they put the death penalty on vandalism. FUCK YOU IF YOU AINT TRUE TO THIS AND FUCK YOU IF YOU THINK GRAFF IS TRENDY... ITS A FUCKING LIFESTYLE SO COME CORRECTLY!!!!!!!!

6. Ceso One SAF

Ceso One SAF Member

7. DVISE GRPHk

DVISE GRPHk New Jack

MAN YOU FUCKING PISS ME OFF I BET YOU ARENT EVEN A REAL WRITER I HATE FOOLS LIKE YOU TALKIN ABOUT SHIT LIKE YOUR THE ONE WHOS BEIN SOLD IN THE BOOKS AND IF I WAS SOLD IN BOOKS ID BE FUCKIN GLAD BECAUSE YOU CAN ONLY SEE A PIECE WHERE YOU PUT IT BUT MAGAZINES LIKE THE ONE THE FUCKING SITE YOUR ON PUTS YOUR NAME OUT ALLOVER THE PLACES.AND FOR YOUR FUCKIN INFO IVE BEEN SPORTIN TRIBAL SINCE BEFORE FRED DURST AND ALL THOSE OTHER PUNK ASS BITCHES I SPORT TRIBAL CAUSE THEY KEEP THEYRE SHIT CLEAN AND FUCK YOU BECAUSE YOU PROBABLY DONT EVEN GET UP

8. melvinakro

melvinakro Junior Member

dope...thanks for the input. never heard of you. i'm gonna keep crying. too bad for you.

9. blancito

blancito Guest

bitterakro onpoint again. important thing to keep in our little heads...the bestest way to peep graffiti is always in person. always. no exceptions. so everyone should take any kind of i-fame, magazine fame, book fame etc with a big ol grain of fucking salt. these other mediums allow us all to be more informed than in the past, but it is no substitute for the real thing. know your city and make it interactive in a way the web never can.

10. melvinakro

melvinakro Junior Member

holler blancicakes...been missing you and your flicks. bitterakro HAAHAA i like i like.......
    bitter pessimistic and just fed up....

11. UndergroundEssentials

UndergroundEssentials Member

Yo good points...and every graff writer or wannabe should realize that wearin graff "gear" (tribal, etc.) is pretty gay....:D :D :D :D

12. hulk hogan

hulk hogan Member

according to the death clock akro, your living as a pessimist decreases your years of living.

put a smile on your face guy

sooner or later a dirt bomb or nuke will kill me and you and everyone else in the city .

13. melvinakro

melvinakro Junior Member

you should see me at 5:01 hulk...so happy,such a smile....if a nuke doesnt get me this fucking job will first.
    and believe i have soooooooo much love to spread when it comes to graff, but didnt you know that its toyed out to throw props around?
    INVINCIBLE, UNTOUCHABLE .....

14. stilborn

stilborn Guest

y b pisd?u lyk wut u lyk,i lyk wut i lyk.everybody is into sumthing diferent,i actualluy like all the out of towners hittin ny.they bring diferent styles and techniques to the aple.i wanna see msk's stuff in ny.like bombed pieces.these people postin ny fliks arent posting whos reppin ny all hard and shit,they r posting wut they r able to see in ny and or wut they like to see,y is that a bad thing?just my 3 sents

15. two of the more poignant posts on this forum