Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

no bullshietting, i need a good art school

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by ir8one, Sep 10, 2003.

1. ir8one

ir8one New Jack

i tried ignoring that i what i really wanna do is go to school and learn how to paint/draw..all that fundamental shite...and look at me now, thousands of dollars in debt to some bs school, and still hungry! so please, if you kno of some good art school....where i can get a solid art education, i would appreciate it...i needa get my arse in gear.....

2. mr.yuck

mr.yuck Veteran Member

3. Kettiecat

Kettiecat Senior Member

Center for Creative Studies (CCS) detroit

4. BigOatser

BigOatser Senior Member

Im sitting in the Art Institute of CAlifornia San Francisco as we speak, and yes it is 8:00 in the morning.

5. My cousin, who is incredibly hot, was a grad student in GD there and just transferred to SCAD cause she didn't know anyone and was bored out of her mind. Missed your chance to bone her. HA!

6. Telo

Telo Elite Member

chicago = art institute/columbia
    good art scene in chicago...

same with dude who said san fran.. god art scene there too..

7. yoink

yoink Elite Member

RISD

Savannah college of art and design

Ive heard Ringling is decent

Pratt

8. ir8one

ir8one New Jack

what is RISD stand for?

what is SVA?

i have a friend at the art institute of san francisco. are you him?

9. some pittsburgh flavor

some pittsburgh flavor Elite Member

risd = rhode island school of design

10. NOUM

NOUM Elite Member

N. c. c. < Norwalk comunity college in ct

11. mr.yuck

mr.yuck Veteran Member

School of Visual Arts. New York. I checked out ringling before but my grades werent good enough to get in. Cocksuckers.

12. Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden Veteran Member

Parsons.

Cooper Union.

13. slightly

slightly Member

haha, good one.

14. slightly

slightly Member

oh yeah, and if you are good, your good. And art education isnt gonna help you get a job, its all about being fresh and meeting people. Only go to art schools to study, not for career training.

my opinion, for what its worth.

15. Telo

Telo Elite Member

yeah they should just consider art school a hobby.. cause an art degree doesnt get you anywhere except to be an art teacher..