Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

NJ Gov. Christie

Discussion in 'News' started by slowDown, Aug 17, 2013.

1. CILONE/SK

CILONE/SK 12oz Loyalist

Republicans = lack of any self awareness.

Cil = sitting back enjoying republican civil war.

Your response is typical of republican comments. Never address anything, always divert to the person saying something. Their answer is always "your wrong, because your doing the same thing". Regardless of any truth in it.

2. CILONE/SK

CILONE/SK 12oz Loyalist

By the way, you provided zero to prove my statement is wrong in any way.

3. Hua Guofang

Hua Guofang Dirty Dozen Crew

@ Sexcauldron - Well, to be fair, it's not just the 'other side' who are saying these types of things about the Reps over the last few years. It's a pretty common refrain from many Reps and ex-Reps as well. They are pretty far from a cohesive and tight knit party at the moment and they are at a time where they need to consider reforming some of their positions largely because the demographic base of the electorate has shifted over the last decade or so.

4. CILONE/SK

CILONE/SK 12oz Loyalist

We'll said Mercer. I think Christie is going to be like a few other republican candidates in the recent past, Jon Huntsman is one, that have a semi-good chance to win, but won't get past the primary.

This race to see how far right you can go, is what is going to split their party. It would be especially fun to watch, if it wasn't fucking up the country in the process. Extremist of any type are not good for inclusiveness.

5. Hua Guofang

Hua Guofang Dirty Dozen Crew

Yeah, ideological fundamentalism is bad for politics, regardless of persuasion. Nations are extremely complex entities that are impacted by forces outside of which any state can control or predict (global economy, other nation states, the weather and the environment, technology, etc.). That means that any state is forced to react to events, at least to some degree. G.W. Bush did not expect to be dealing with 9/11 when he entered the presidency (he was actually elected on a more isolationist policy than internationalist) and Obama did not expect the GFC, but they were realities that had to be addressed. To enter in to govt with an unswerving ideological agenda, which is decided before even knowing what will be confronted is maniacal.

Ideology should guide decisions but pragmatism and long-term national interest should constrain the choices made.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2014
  6. sexcauldron

sexcauldron Member

I could hear the woosh of my post going over your head from here. I'm not interested in arguing the points you posted themselves, rather merely pointing out that they are spoon-fed generalizations that you regurgitate from a lofty position of condescension so designed to imply that those who disagree with you are somehow less intelligent than yourself. That's a shitty thing to do, and 99% of political discourse in this country takes place in that manner. It fosters and expands the dichotomous relationship between public political commentary and the actual political/legal arguments behind what is commentated. That said, I agree w/ most of your post, but the way in which you chose to say it coupled w/ the way in which you've chosen to express your other political opinions on this site allows me to make an educated guess as to how you take in information and suspect that you're pretty firmly planted in the category of people I alluded to.

7. CILONE/SK

CILONE/SK 12oz Loyalist

Your not interested in arguing points with me, because you have no argument that you can use that isn't nonsense from the Koch brothers.

If you think I am implying you are less intelligent then me, that is a self assessment you have made. Not mine. I just think your wrong, not less intelligent.

I am also not firmly planted in anything. Give me something to show your view points that make sense and I will fully consider them. A lot of times it comes down to a difference on what the final outcome is. For example, the end state for the left is helping people, while the right is for enabling businesses to succeed in order to help people. If the end state is not able to be agreed upon, then we will never see things the same.

As for your "whoosh" comment, go fuck yourself you condescending asshole. Republican assholes like you are self important and the reason why things are so fucked up. Keep dodging the points and attack the messenger.

We can continue like this if you want or you can actually address what are valid points instead if diverting the subject. Up to you.

8. finEyoungCamel!!!

finEyoungCamel!!! Elite Member

He looks like a bloated version of the guy that used to come in and do pest control at my old job. That guy was cool tho.

9. injury

injury 12oz Loyalist

it's interesting to me that many of the same left-leaning individuals that devoutly fight against "fat shaming" call christie "fat"

10. CILONE/SK

CILONE/SK 12oz Loyalist

Jokes are one thing, but I never understood seriously making fun of peoples physical appearances. It is rare that I comment in really life about someone's looks.

11. Fist 666

Fist 666 Moderator Crew

One can be liberal and be pro-fat-shaming.

Celebrating fat as a body type is no different than celebrating a cirrhotic liver, smokers' lungs, or jaw cancer from dip. Its not comparable to picking on polio victims or aids patients.

Its not about picking on physical appearance, its about being disgusted by their physical appearance. :)

12. CILONE/SK

CILONE/SK 12oz Loyalist

It could be about a physical defect. It all depends on why they are fat.