Nintendo Revolution controller revealed

SpyD

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by RumPuncher@Sep 16 2005, 10:11 AM

they should have built a port on the thing so you can use these:

900276b.jpg

Put the controller on it's side, and what do you see?

They make a good point. It'd be cool to use that thing as a sword in Zelda. It is definitely a cool technology, but I don't want to have to hold my arm up for hours at a time. Holding up a spray can up is tiring enough lol.

Damn people afraid of change .... Go play your x-360 and ps3

I will be downloading all the old school games to the Revolution and playing with that odd little controller.

I heard they are focused on gameplay these days ... so the games should follow nicely for those willing to try new stuff.

it works almost 3 seperate ways.

first you can hold it like a TV remote and use the big A button and the B button in the back of the controller.

secondly you can hold it like a traditional nintendo controller, using the d-pad and the a and b on the bottom of the controller.

then you can use the analog stick in your right hand, with the d-pad in your left, kind of like a mouse and keyboard.

personally i feel this is one of the more inovative controllers to ever be created, and in theory i think it will work out great, but lets see what it feels like in your hand first.

The only thing remotely interesting to me about that controller is that it kind of looks like it could be turned sideways and used like an old school nintendo contoller if needed.

Other than that I won't be buying it or any of the other new consoles. My computer plays the games I like.

I don't think I've owned a console system since I was 12, and for good reason.

Guest imported_El Mamerro
Originally posted by ILOTSMYBRAIN@Sep 16 2005, 02:10 PM

it works almost 3 seperate ways.

first you can hold it like a TV remote and use the big A button and the B button in the back of the controller.

secondly you can hold it like a traditional nintendo controller, using the d-pad and the a and b on the bottom of the controller.

then you can use the analog stick in your right hand, with the d-pad in your left, kind of like a mouse and keyboard.

personally i feel this is one of the more inovative controllers to ever be created, and in theory i think it will work out great, but lets see what it feels like in your hand first.

You missed the part where the console can track the controller's position and movement in 3D space, including tilt and rotation. I'm sorry, but that is really, really fucking awesome.