Nike

remorseles

So it was about 2 months ago when i picked up a magazine and found that nike has had a few graffiti artists working on some shoes for them. I wasnt quite sure what to think of this. I know that it was like 4 years ago when people used to talk so much shit about how exploited graff was getting. so any ways they had like 5 pairs or so that had a graff theme has any one seen them in a store? and if so how much? one more thing do you think that nike being a huge compay is exploiting graff? just wondering what people think.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Mammoth+Feb 14 2006, 03:36 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mammoth - Feb 14 2006, 03:36 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-harvey wallbanger@Feb 14 2006, 01:19 AM

Nike wouldn't exploit anyone.

So very funny.

Quite a few writers have collaborated with Nike. Espo and Futura being a few.

Whatever, at this point Nike IS graffiti.

[/b]

Yeah thats what i mean, take comedy central for example its obvious that someone with graffiti in their lives now or past is doing their graphic design work especially since someone here mentioned who it was but if forgot that part.

Originally posted by Mammoth+Feb 14 2006, 04:36 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mammoth - Feb 14 2006, 04:36 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-harvey wallbanger@Feb 14 2006, 01:19 AM

So very funny.

[/b]

Hold up, nike is graffiti?

Originally posted by Mammoth+Feb 14 2006, 03:32 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mammoth - Feb 14 2006, 03:32 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-AlwaysBombin@Feb 14 2006, 01:39 PM

I know who it is...don't wanna blow any spots though

What the hell is the point of even saying this?

Rookie.

[/b]

I'm gunna cry now

No, seriously...I am

Originally posted by IzacFour+Feb 14 2006, 07:58 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (IzacFour - Feb 14 2006, 07:58 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Mammoth@Feb 14 2006, 04:36 PM

<!--QuoteBegin-harvey wallbanger@Feb 14 2006, 01:19 AM

So very funny.

Hold up, nike is graffiti?

[/b]

Unfortunately that is what it's coming to.

Originally posted by AlwaysBombin+Feb 14 2006, 09:37 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (AlwaysBombin - Feb 14 2006, 09:37 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Mammoth@Feb 14 2006, 03:32 PM

<!--QuoteBegin-AlwaysBombin@Feb 14 2006, 01:39 PM

I know who it is...don't wanna blow any spots though

What the hell is the point of even saying this?

Rookie.

I'm gunna cry now

No, seriously...I am

[/b]

Sorry, I just wish I was in the know like you apperently are. I'm jealous!

Yo nike made a great exploit when they put the shoes out that had graff caps all over them. Im not against certain clothing with graff on it i mean people got to make their money some how and when someone attains a certain level in their artwork and they start producing their own shirts and what not thats cool for them but when a huge company puts out something like graff shoes they are promoting it to people. Graffiti doesnt need promotion...

Originally posted by remorseles@Feb 16 2006, 02:05 AM

Yo nike made a great exploit when they put the shoes out that had graff caps all over them. Im not against certain clothing with graff on it i mean people got to make their money some how and when someone attains a certain level in their artwork and they start producing their own shirts and what not thats cool for them but when a huge company puts out something like graff shoes they are promoting it to people. Graffiti doesnt need promotion...

bla bla bla who cares, those some fly ass kicks. Do you know the name of them? I couldnt find them on nikes site...

i dont remember the names of them there is a shit load of them though that feature some form of graff on it. from caps to peices and characters. Theres even a nike shoe boutique in new york city where its all done up with graff on the front of it and they are going to keep changing the peices on it. Nike is ALL about graff now.