1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

NHL Playoffs-place your bets

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by ulcer, May 7, 2002.

1. ulcer

ulcer 12oz Member

NHL Playoffs-place your bets

Discussion started by ulcer - May 7, 2002

My money is on Montreal to take it all, at least I'd like to see Toronto vs. Montreal in the next round. Toronto got spanked last night though. I still have my money on Toronto, I think that last Ottawa goal got them pissed, and I see Sundin making his triumphant return next game....Canada just scored against Slovokia...We're playing old time pond hockey out there, beautiful. Damn fine time to be a hockey fan.

ulcer - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  2. T.T Boy

T.T Boy Dirty Dozen Crew

T.T Boy - Replied May 7, 2002

i agree, id love to see toronto montreal.
    i really dont know who could take it, its really anyones game right now.

T.T Boy - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  3. crso

crso 12oz Senior Member

crso - Replied May 7, 2002

i don't think anytime ...would be a good time to be a hockey fan ....but what do i know..... i like baseball.:cool:

crso - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  4. shameless self promotion

shameless self promotion 12oz Legend

shameless self promotion - Replied May 7, 2002

It would be nice to see a canadien team win the cup...but unfortunatly i think that the wings or colorado will take the cup...:(

shameless self promotion - Rank: 12oz Legend - Messages:
  5. Canadiano

Canadiano Guest

Canadiano - Replied May 7, 2002

Yeah, I hope it's Montreal vs Toronto next round. Then Leafs against Detroit for finals, hopefully. That would be my two favourite playoff matchups of all time in a row. My buddy saw Sundin last week at a red light, and he said he'd be hopefully back this series. I don't know about next game, though. We need him, still. And we need Dmitri Yushkevich. I heard he may die if he plays, because of the blood clot, but who cares?? He's a free agent after this season anyway...(jokes). With Zednik gone, Montreal ain't so hype.

Leafs need to sign Theodore this summer.

6. Dr. Dazzle

Dr. Dazzle 12oz Veteran Member

Dr. Dazzle - Replied May 7, 2002

I'm just getting ready for the World Cup......

Dr. Dazzle - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  7. T.T Boy

T.T Boy Dirty Dozen Crew

i hate detroit and their store bought russian team witha burning passion, i wish theyd trade yzerman to the leafs, the rest of those assholes can fuck off, especially the traitor hull, what a fag. but toronto detroit would b a cool cup. hopefully toronto can win it, if not ill go for ottawa the whole way, god its been like 50 some years since theyve won.

8. shameless self promotion

yeah, fuck detroit...

GO DEVILS....:eek:

9. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Guest

--zeSto-- - Replied May 7, 2002

I'm sorry to say,

I dont think Toronto can beat Ottawa.
    And the Avalanche is getting weaker all the time.
    But I do love Colarado because they have the most Canadian Players
    out of any NHL team. Hell, they took all the Nordiques with them in the move.

I'd like to see Ottawa win,
    just because I remember when they brought them back (early 90's)
    and they were a total joke. I hope they get it for 'old time's sake'.

10. ulcer

ulcer 12oz Member

ulcer - Replied May 7, 2002

I'm hoping that Detroit and Colorado kick the living shit out of each other, leaving the finals much more interesting. I like Montreal because they have 3 major playoff advantages...1. Unstoppable goaltending 2.They play with pride and heart(even when they were heavily down against boston they kept coming at them and battled back, not the case with toronto in game one against ottawa) 3. A home crowd that would scare the shit...CANADA JUST SCORED A POWER PLAY GOAL AGAINST SLOVOKIA 2-0...EURO SOCCER PLAYING HOCKEY STARS MUST DIE...out of anybody. I don't know if they can pull it off when they're allowing 50 shots a game but I like their chances anyway. They're young and an exciting team to watch, nice balance of youth and veteran experience.

11. T.T Boy

T.T Boy Dirty Dozen Crew

if all the canuck teams go out, ill go for colorado, theyre still the nords in my eyes. i think it would be great for ottawa, same as montreal, and i think the leafs are on the way out to be honest, theyre losng too many guys, but hey if sundin comes back that could be a huge boost of energy.

12. nomadawhat

nomadawhat 12oz Veteran Member

nomadawhat - Replied May 7, 2002

:lol: :lol: :lol: oh man thats funny.

don't hate detroit, i mean damn they are right next door to canada, come on now. love thy neighbor...?

Oh and if you didn't pick up on it, I am pulling for Detroit.

nomadawhat - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  13. ulcer

ulcer 12oz Member

If detroit takes it this year I'm betting Yzerman will call it quits (I'm not sure about his contract situation though). He should go out a winner, and he's broken. As for toronto getting Theodore, I doubt it..That guy is the franchise right now...Remember Roy in 1986...

14. shameless self promotion

I was hopin lalime would get a shut out last night too, i was pretty pissed at his defenseman for just letting their gaurd down at the end like that, its playoff hockey, people do score 3 goals in 2 mins...it happens all the time..

15. ulcer

ulcer 12oz Member

McCabe fucked up hard on the final face off (with 12 seconds left). That guy blows.. 15 blew too, he screwed the pooch on that 2 on 2. Toronto's last goal was shit...Too bad for Lalime.