NHL 2006 Playoffs

srebmun

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should have seen the last game againt yoots down here. Well you did, but, I don't know if you know this, you prolly do, but Rob Ray is our intermission guy now, normally I could care less what those guys say and with Tivo now. . ., but they made him interview Domi. That was a classic interview. Rayzor, "How many fights did we get in every (single) year, 26?" Domi, "Yeah something like that." "How come I don't seem to remember you coming out on top in any of them."

P.S. Maybe I should wait until the playoffs are done to say this, but I thought Darcy Tucker wasn't as guilty as everyone across the Peace Bridge seems to think. He got hammered by Greir though and took it out on the wrong guy, and yeah, stuff like that always happens everywhere in the league, but Lindy and the Sabres were going through a tough personal time so they took it that way.

P.S. Maybe I should wait until the playoffs are done to say this' date=' but I thought Darcy Tucker wasn't as guilty as everyone across the Peace Bridge seems to think. He got hammered by Greir though and took it out on the wrong guy, and yeah, stuff like that always happens everywhere in the league, but Lindy and the Sabres were going through a tough personal time so they took it that way.[/quote']

That's awesome about the Ray/Domi interview..

Anyway, it's sorta funny that you think that way about the Tucker situation, because I think Tucker was totally in the wrong. Not so much because of the "attack" on the head, nor because of the supposed knee on knee...more because he clearly took a dive when buddy hit him. I detest hockey players that dive, man.

I was playing poker with this dude who says he fought McGrattan (the number one fighter in the league right now on the Sens) back in Junior, and he says that McGrattan must be on the andros because he used to be a lanky, tall guy back then. I think that is not necessarily true. It might be that dude realized he needs to be a heavyweight fighter, so he just worked out like crazy, while, say, the rest of the team would work on stick handling...who knows...

And Shameless, speaking for all Canadians - we're used to it.

I mean, Elisha Cuthbert was on Best Damn Sports Show Period last week and was imploring them to talk more about hockey, and they were, like, pretty much laughing at her, saying "hockey is my favourite sport!" while winking. All you Nor'Easter Americans who love hockey need to stand up for this game.

Dudes on the Best Damn Sports show are all about patting eachothers asses and eyeing eachothers dicks in the shower. I got bored to the same thick skulled bs half of the people on the show and the hosts say..

I was watching a show the other day and a guy was talking about how hockey was unique in that the full 60 min was played. When the play stopped, the clock stopped...you didnt win a game by running out the clock in the last 3 minutes of a game, you played it. You cant hide from your opponent. You either hit someone or get hit, there was no out of bounds, no way of not getting hit. If you loose a tooth, so what, play on, if you need stitches, get em, come back and play on. You break your jaw, and two games later your back...playing. A true physical sport.

The playoffs shows this. Nothing better than watching your team have to win 16 games at least just to win the cup. Your team can play up to 28 games in a period of around 2 months. By the time your teams playoffs are over, half the team is either injured or exhausted. Then come back next year for another 80 something games to do it again.

So who has credentials on the best damn sports show? Comedians, basketball players?

Bullshit. The show is a joke. Seriously though, its sports comedy show...

any american sports show is a mask for gay guys who hide behind "sport talk" when they really just want to suck eachothers dicks when the camera isnt rolling.

i cant believe weapon x is about the red wings. you should be banned from canada.

i got playoff tickets, and im all amped for my flames to take it this year, not like how they won it in game 6 last playoffs but were denied.

i got playoff tickets' date=' and im all amped for my flames to take it this year, not like how they won it in game 6 last playoffs but were denied.[/quote']

I'm amped for my Sabres to deny your Flames Cup access once again this year.

And seriously folks, if you don't like hockey just try this, get a stick, a ball, and a bunch of friends with sticks and go play it, you don't need to have goals, skates, or goalies, just a couple of cones to shoot it between or hit, and run around and play for a couple of hours, and then come back on here and tell me hockey sucks. I'm sorry but after doing this once or twice I'm convinced that you'll see how much I think your sport sucks.

i hope we see a calgary/Rangers final with either one winning I'd like to see that just because it is 2 big hockey markets that can help get the game back up where it should be and get the cup up out of fucking tampa bay....do i think that will happen ..no but it would be nice and im not even from new york or canada..northeast bias tho..I think dallas,detroit and new jersey aremy picks and have legit shots

p.s. boston bruins lets trade the leading scorer in the nhl hes not that good...guys not a "captain" lets dish him for wayne primeau and sturm and stuart.....good move sinden

^

Only person on that team I care about is Maxim Afenigenov(spelling??). Guy is nuts.

Anyways, tomarow night it all starts. Im hyped.

Obviously you don't watch much Sabres, it's spelled like it sounds Ah-fin-oh-gan-off, Afinoganov. I've liked him for a while now, and I hope he sticks with his current trend, he's seeing his teammates much better this year. They've had to shuffle things around a bit, but when you had Max, Roy, and Vanek on the same (third) line earlier this year, they were hurting other teams, but sometimes defensively lacking, unfortunately we've had some injuries which caused a breakup, positive or negative? I think they learned things together they've taken with them, and are hitting all cylinders right now. I can't name a person on the team all season who I haven't been happy about at some point. Others you should care about, Miller, Biron, Hecht(hurts us he's down), Connolly, McKee(shotblocker), Campbell(defensive offensive defenseman), Tallinder(defense), Numminen(he's the old guy from the Jets), Grier, Drury, Briere, the rest of the defense: Lydman(Luudman), Dumont, Kalinin, Gaustad, Pyatt, Kotalik, Fitzpatrick, Peters(pugalist), Pommenville, Mair, 13(down to Rochchacha). I think I just mentioned the whole team, yes I did, you should care about the whole team. ". . .the orange and black" don't make me chuckle.

TT Boy, I have no shame in my love for Detroit. It's been a lifelong thing for me. Don't get me wrong, I'll take the Leafs any day, of course, but once they're out, I'm a Red Wing man.

Also, Pardon the Interruption is not at all homo. Best Damn definitely is a bunch of meatheads, but PTI is just straight funny/makes ya think.