Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

NHL '03-'04 (your pix)

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by 23578, Oct 2, 2003.

1. 23578

23578 Elite Member

who's going to go far. not the sabres, playoffs yes, cup no, maybe it's ottawa's year? who're you looking at moving up or down from last year? who's going to score more? who's going to kick ass in the corners? who's going to stone 'em (hasek)? and, for you old schoolers, who's going to beat the most guys into pulp?

2. king kong

king kong Banned

3. iloveboxcars

iloveboxcars 12oz Royalty

the mighty ducks would win if charlie was still on the team.

4. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Veteran Member

I'm all about the original teams.

Detroit, Toronto and the Nordiques (ummm.... avalanche) are all looking good.

I'd love to see Ottawa win it.

5. SteveAustin

SteveAustin Veteran Member

I'm gonna go with Colordado as well.

let it go Kilo...let it go. just be glad there are still Canadian teams in the NHL.

6. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Veteran Member

easy now steve...

I dont make fun of your spandex wearing, leg shaving bike heros.
    well not much anyways... So please dont be knocking our national game.

oh wait... lacross is the 'national' game.

and a happy 2K to you!

7. SteveAustin

SteveAustin Veteran Member

feel free to make fun of our "national PAST time"

I gotta admit its kinda sad all the Canadian hockey teams moving to the US. At least we're not outsourcing it.

and yes...Lance is the man.

8. 23578

23578 Elite Member

9. Weapon X

Weapon X 12oz Loyalist

I haven’t yet got into full out hockey mode, but I agree that the Avs are the best team.

Leafs could win it, still. I really wish Gilmour didn’t retire so there was a chance we could pick him up for playoffs time. Senators are nice, but I can’t see them winning a cup.

Hasek will rule all, once again.

As far as fighters go, the nignogs are destroying near everyone. I just wanna see the Leafs’ Belak win a few.

10. 23578

23578 Elite Member

by nignogs, you mean brashear right? or what, i'm not familiar with that term, but i admit i thought that black folk would take over when i saw brashear for the first time with montreal, and then saw jean-luc gran-pierre fight his first fight for the sabres too? where is he incidentally, he can whoop some white boy ass for a good role playing defenseman.

i agree the aves are building a solid team, but what have they done lately, they're getting old and they have no goaltending now that roy is gone. they didn't impress me much at the end of last season, but with everyone back healthy+tchuck or whoever they got, who knows. the sens have a nice balance now, and a bit more playoff experience, so i like them. they need some leaders. but i like them the best of the eastern, stronger, less flashy conference.

11. Coffie Crave

Coffie Crave Senior Member

we all know the red soxs are going to win the NHL

12. Weapon X

Weapon X 12oz Loyalist

^ I laughed hysterically when I read that, probably because I’m stoned off the the marijueezy.

23578, I hear you on the Senators tip, and I do admit that they are a highly respectable team out of the east (plus they’re young), but I have had a hard time taking them seriously. Understandably so, considering I'm a Leafhead.

Brashear is an animal, but I hate that guy. Blue sideburns? Please, it’s all about the blue mohawk, a la McCabe.

I know this may sound dumb for non-eastcoast Canadians, but the Leafs year is now (I’ve been saying this for four consecutive years, I believe).

13. mosluggo

mosluggo Elite Member

Not the hawks
    If detroit doesnt win theyre pathetic
    Heatley would be tearin shit up but the retard just crashed his car.He gone

14. Weapon X

Weapon X 12oz Loyalist

EA Sports curse

There was an article in the newspaper that was talking about a curse that just may ring true. The EA Sports box cover curse.

Dany Heatley – car crash just days after the release of NHL 2004, out for a long time.

Michael Vick – broken fibula occurs just two days after release of Madden 2004.

Randy Johnson – injured and a really bad year compared to years past.

Vince Carter – NBA Live hasn’t yet been released, but I must admit that this almost worries me, being a Raptor fan and all (even though I don’t think we really need him too much to make playoffs, we are paying him 94 million bucks to play).

RIP DAN SNYDER.

15. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Veteran Member

I read a good article about Why the leafs can never win.

It compared the blind faith of the leafs to the blind faith of religion.
    Wont everything change if you see the face of God? Will you ever
    be able to go back to the simple ways after eating from the tree of
    knoledge? Can you unlearn the ultimate truth?

ok that sounds like bunk,
    but I really dont know what leaf fans would do if they won.
    Old folks would be croaking all over because they waited it out
    just long enough to see another cup. The mythic 'old days' would be over.