New Zealand woman: "YOU'VE TAKEN MY SNAKES

Guest imported_El Mamerro

Guest imported_El Mamerro

Woman in a pickle after snake snatch

24 November 2004

By ANDREW MCALLEY

A woman who was furious about police taking her three preserved snakes stormed down to the Hamilton station and threw a jar of pickled kittens at the counter.

Susan Hoskyn, 39, said she was so mad she could barely contain herself as she made her way to the police station about 1pm on Sunday.

"I walked in the door and said 'You've taken my snakes; here, have my pussy as well', and slammed the jar on to the counter."

Police communications manager Kris McGehan said though the encounter sounded amusing, it had very serious consequences.

"The jar shattered, it was full of formaldehyde which is highly toxic, the public counter had to be closed which caused police and the public a lot of inconvenience.

"Two phones had to be replaced and we had to monitor the health of staff who may have absorbed the chemical or its fumes."

Ms Hoskyn, unemployed, was arrested and appeared in court in front of a community magistrate on Monday charged with behaving in an offensive manner. She did not enter a plea.

Ms Hoskyn said her trouble began on Sunday when she had an argument with her partner, Tony.

"I slipped over and cut my head, Tony panicked and called an ambulance thinking he had caused my injury. He hadn't.

"Police were called, we think by the ambulance people. While outside they saw two cannabis plants and decided under the Misuse of Drugs Amendment Act they could search the house.

"I was taken away by ambulance. When police searched the house they came across my two snakes, preserved in jars."

The snakes were taken away by the Agriculture and Fisheries Ministry (Maf).

"When I got back from the hospital and saw they had taken them I saw red. I bolted down to the police station to demand them back."

Ms Hoskyn said the snakes, which she bought from an antique store, held special spiritual significance for her because she was born in the year of the snake and used them to help celebrate Halloween.

She also kept the two kittens for halloween celebrations, which were used to give their house a scary look. The kittens were still-born from their cat.

A spokeswoman for Maf said the snakes had been taken away by their quarantine staff at the police's request.

"We estimate they are at least 60 years old. We're still assessing what to do with them."

Ms Hoskyn said the snakes were harmless and wanted police to return them.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

"She also kept the two kittens for halloween celebrations, which were used to give their house a scary look."

Damn, she takes that shit seriously. I love the fact that she's got her head wrapped from the head injury which Tony didn't cause which led to the ambulance coming which led to them calling the police, seeing cannabis, searching the house, taking the snakes, and then throwing the dead pussies.

If she was, I'll fucking kill her. People who do that whole bonsai cat thing should be the ones stuffed into fucking jars. Bonsai trees on the other hand, are dope as fuck, and I wish I had one.

I knocked these bottles off a shelf in highschool - one had a king-crab in it and the other had a golf-ball sized octopus [preserved, i might add, in formaldehyde]... the whole second floor of the school stunk like shit for a good week. It was awesome - almost as bad as the time I left a carton of chocolate milk in my locker for 2 weeks over christmas break. The day I came back and opened up my locker, I puked instantly just from the smell / gag-relex combo. It was amazingly strong.