Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

New Yorkers...please help

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by indianarail, Sep 15, 2003.

1. indianarail

indianarail New Jack

Im taking my first trip to NYC shortly...and im supposed to be staying with a friend on abuot 156th St. and Broadway...which is in Harlem from what i understand... now i admit all i know of new york is hearsay and from television and movies...so what i know or think i know is only assumptions..but i need to know....are our chances of encountering trouble walking from the station to our friends place greater in that area?? being that we're both caucasian?? (our plane gets in late at night new york time) ...now i hate to think like that...but i am realistic and realize there are some places we dont belong...any help is great..

many thanks

2. Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden Veteran Member

oh my this could be quite funny in the end.

3. indianarail

indianarail New Jack

well...i expect it to be a joke amongst internet geeks...but funny or not...its an honest question...

4. One_in_Ten

One_in_Ten New Jack

just use the same comon sense use in all shituations man. keep your doe in your pocket. Head str8 to your man apt and itsa all good. people in harlem have seen white folks before so its not like they are just sitting waiting for some stray whitie to fall into their webs.

maybe refrain from dropping the "N" bomb and it ahould be all good.

5. Jackson

Jackson Veteran Member

Bomb that shit KRINK MOPOPOPPOP

6. JesusMachine

JesusMachine Elite Member

What's the address and tell me when your gonna be there... I'll be your "protection".

Seriously though, has your boy ever been fucked with since he was white? He moved there for the cheap rent. Just follow Mr. LaJock's directions and don't look paranoid (easy target).

If your on the west side, the dominicans will just try to offer you pericho.

7. metallix

metallix Elite Member

DONT EVEN WORRY ABOUT IT. USE COMMON SENSE STREET SMARTS LIKE YOU WOULD IN ANY OTHER LOCATION ON EARTH.
    Do NOT Carry Large Sums of Money
    Do NOT wear EXPENSIVE FLASHY Clothing
    Do NOT look out of place (don't look like a tourist.)

Look both ways before crossing the street and don't take candy from strangers.

8. !@#$%

[email protected]#$% Moderator Crew

i'm from a very dangerous city (much worse than nyc)
    new york will treat you well, i see it as a fairly low-key, laid back, and generally safe place.

in manhattan, there is basically nowhere you could go where you'd get fucked up just for being there and being white (there's few places like this at all in nyc, and you'd have to look hard to find them..you won't 'find' yourself suddenly in a shit neighborhood where you're in trouble)

confidence can also be key.
    in a big city, people can sense fear and weakness.
    just look like you know what you're doing (even if you don't)

you'll be fine anyway..
    as long as you aren't counting $$ on the street...
    new york is pretty fuckin chill

9. nomadawhat

nomadawhat Veteran Member

Re: Re: New Yorkers...please help

that could be hard when first arriving with suitcases and shit...

don't sweat it.. when i first went to nyc i was going to brooklyn at like 10 and got off at the wrong station, carrying suitcase and backback.. i had to walk for a while, at first i was a bit nervous..but its no thang. just know whats going on around you.

10. niso

niso New Jack

lol being kinda young i got asked by 2 differnt cops and 4 different random people if i was playing 'hooky' so i must of blended in well with the rest of lower east side locals pritty well
    :lol:

11. HESHIANDET

HESHIANDET Guest

fucking asenine

12. krs702

krs702 Senior Member

before i went to nyc i looked over the maps to get an understand of where i would be going
    walking around with baggage and taking a map out wih a dubious appearance is not such a good idea

just be aware of where your going and how to get there..
    why cant your friend just meet you up?

13. brown towel

brown towel Banned

HOLD YOUR CASH IN YOUR HAND AND YELL "WHERE AM I?" ALOT. RACIAL SLURS WILL HELP TOO. KICK CARS AND SPIT ON EVERYTHING. WALK MAINLY DOWN ALLEYS. SHIT BABY ITS ONLY HARLEM.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

14. !@#$%

[email protected]#$% Moderator Crew

yeah, what do i know.
    lol

on the island of manhattan, no one is getting their ass beat for being white...no matter what hesh says

maybe whiteboys who think they are something they aren't have run into problems.

but shit, anyone who cannot spell asinine, but wants to use that word to describe a comment, is an idiot.

baltimore is a dangerous and scary place.
    manhattan is not.

15. CIPHER_one

CIPHER_one Senior Member

I'm sure B'more can be really dangerous....but I wouldn't lump all of NYC together as being that safe. I'd imagine some beatings occur on the regular there.