New York City

8onus

so im getting engaged and moving to NYC at the end of the school year.(spring time)

i been looking at craigslist and shit, looking at artist workspaces(warehouse type spots) that are mad cheap. and looking at jobs too.

since i know theres a rack of NYC heads on this shit i figured this would be a good place to ask.

1.wheres the cheapest place to live? i dont care about the neighboorhood, im from crack central. i'll live anywhere but yonkers(<--only place in NYC im kinda scared of)

2when those ads for lofts and shit say "NO LIVE IN" how serious are they, do people really give a shit?

3 has williamsburg, bedford and the rest of north brooklyn been taken over by yuppies yet? its been a while.

i'll ask more later

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

yeah, my boy who used to live in queens told me south bronx was cheap.

any one know of good website to find apts? bsides craigslist.

ima smoke a blunt and atempt to figure out this NYC subway map, i figured trying to read this thing not high would make my head explode.

Originally posted by 26SidedCube@Nov 13 2005, 08:48 PM

You can find relatively cheap places in Queens, BX, and Brooklyn... Queens is easily the most boring borough and it's the least popping place, besides S.I., as far as writing goes.

thats not really a factor,dont get me wrong, ima still write in NY but it aint my priority.

Yonkers isnt NYC, its not all bad in Yonkers, but some spots are yikes.

Stay outta East NY and Brownsville.

Inwood and Riverdale are probably the nicest spots in my opinion, real cheap and big space. Not too bad.

The LES is for rich kids who rebel against their parents and live a wack coked out homo lifestyle.

gliks, whats worng with east NY? i been there and thought it was all right.

also when i say affordable, keep in mind i aint got a degree or nothing, i'll probally be making 600 a week if im lucky.

oh yeah, is coney island as grimy as they make it look in that "CITY BY THE SEA" movie. last time i was in BK i wanted to hit that place but it was raining, heard that place is cool.

east new york is alright as long as you own a gun and dont mind defending whats rightfully yours on maybe a daily basis. im telling you dude south / east brooklyn ( east flatbush,midwood, bensonhurst, sheepshead bay, marine park, mill basin) is your best bet. your a 40 min train ride to the city. the graff is live.the weed is good. no hipsters and not many goons.and the rent is relativly good

sunnyside and woodside have lots o' bars.

$1000 - GORGEOUS NEW STUDIO APARTMENT, PERFECT LOCATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to: hous-111108757@craigslist.org

Date: 2005-11-14, 11:09AM EST

IMACULANT NEW STUDIO APARTMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- VERY WELL KEPT BUILDING

- SUPER ON PREMISES 24/7

- HARDWOOD FLOORS!

- SHINNY NEW PAINTED WHITE WALLS

- ELEVATOR + LAUNDRY IN BUILDING!!

- PET FRIENDLY!!!

- LOTS OF LIGHT!

- TWO BLOCKS FROM TRAIN STATION!

- NEAR ALL MARKETS AND TRANSPORTATION!

- CLOSE TO NIGHT LIFE!!

CALL MO ASAP AT (917)676-3565

yes -- cats are OK - purrr

yes -- dogs are OK - wooof

this is in or around North Sunnyside

queens is a cool place to hang out

i've never lived in nyc, but if i did, i'd wanna stay in queens or maybe brooklyn

i'd recomend astoria

i've also heard bed-stuy is a decent place to live and not too $$$

that was awhile ago, i duno if it's been gentrified.

a friend of mine (white) lived in harlem and he liked it there

he could also afford it.

i would anticipate having to pay at least 850 a month for a tiny place.

Alright.

Given the current "housing market" and shit here, Astoria is getting pricey. LIC is unaffordable for the most part. Williamsburg is the new LES and the rents have become completely ridiculous, not to mention that the place is asshole central for every douchebag and their hipster girlfriend to move to. Words cant really convey my hatred for Williamsburg and the people who reside there.

The best deals to be had are probably in South/East BK. Parts of Sunset Park are nice and fairly cheap, Kensington, and Bay Ridge, Dyker Heights, Boro Park and ESPECIALLY Bensonhurst are all pretty good as far as rents go, if the 40 minute trainride doesnt matter to you, this is probably your best bet. Bed-Stuy has alot of really nice brownstones, but watch and see....that area is destined to be the next area on the chopping block for gentrification. It's already happening now....Rents are steadily climbing in most parts.

The basic rule of thumb, is that the closer you are to Manhattan, the higher rents will be. Look at what happened in DUMBO. That place is yuppy businessman central now because its one stop out of lower Manhattan. Fucking 4000 dollar "luxury lofts" and shit. Sweet....

Originally posted by hulk hogan@Nov 14 2005, 11:27 AM

sunnyside and woodside have lots o' bars.

$1000 - GORGEOUS NEW STUDIO APARTMENT, PERFECT LOCATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to: hous-111108757@craigslist.org

Date: 2005-11-14, 11:09AM EST

IMACULANT NEW STUDIO APARTMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- VERY WELL KEPT BUILDING

- SUPER ON PREMISES 24/7

- HARDWOOD FLOORS!

- SHINNY NEW PAINTED WHITE WALLS

- ELEVATOR + LAUNDRY IN BUILDING!!

- PET FRIENDLY!!!

- LOTS OF LIGHT!

- TWO BLOCKS FROM TRAIN STATION!

- NEAR ALL MARKETS AND TRANSPORTATION!

- CLOSE TO NIGHT LIFE!!

CALL MO ASAP AT (917)676-3565

yes -- cats are OK - purrr

yes -- dogs are OK - wooof

this is in or around North Sunnyside

I AINT LIVING WITH/CALLING NOBODY NAMED "MO"...FUCK THAT.

MY DUDE, CHECK OUT THE BX. YOU MIGHT COULD FIND SOMETHING AROUND 7-8 A MONTH IF YOU LOOK HARD ENOUGH, AND DONT CHECK CRAIGSLIST B. ONLY YUPPIE NIGGAS POST ON THAT SHIT, REAL NON-ENGLISH SPEAKING NIGGAS WHO ARE GONNA CHARGE YOU 800 FOR A 2BR AINT POSTING ON CRAIGSLIST. BROOKLYN IS FULL OF FIENDS AND ART STUDENTS WHO ARE GONNA BECOME FIENDS, AND THAT SHIT IS REALLY CORNY B, MAYBE ITS ME? BUT THE VIBE THERE IS DIFFERENT. ITS LIKE ALL THE GAY ARTSY NIGGAS WENT TO THUGGED OUT PARTS OF BROOKLYN, DIDNT GET SHOT BECAUSE THEY'RE COPPING COKE FROM NIGGAS OUT THERE, AND NOW THEY REPPING BROOKLYN LIKE THEY OUT THERE SELLING CRACKS IN THE PROJECTS. NOT TO MENTION NIGGAS WILL CHARGE YOU 2500 A MONTH FOR A SHOEBOX TO PUT YOUR FOOT IN. QUEENS IS BORING AND IS LIKE A LAST RESORT FOR GAY ART STUDENTS WHO WANNA LIVE IN BK BUT CANT AFFORD IT, STATEN ISLAND IS ANOTHER PLANET, LES I THINK GLIK SUMMED UP, AND YOU CANT LIVE UPTOWN IF YOU DONT SPEAK SPANISH. SO GOOD LUCK B.

MERO DOGS

BREATHE!

RELOAD!