Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

new under pressure

Discussion in 'Third Rail' started by platapie, Oct 23, 2001.

1. platapie

platapie Guest

the new issue is pretty sick. the fatso interview is pretty funny. but lots of good fliks. good work you canucks you.

2. platapie

platapie Guest

oh yeah sorry can you move thius to third rail seeking. my bad.

3. T.T Boy

T.T Boy Dirty Dozen Crew

i cant wait fro my issue to be mailed out to me. i hear it has some nice spotlights in it too.

4. wakassOATH

wakassOATH Guest

i heard it really sucked issues 2 and 3 were the best in my eyes, number 4 was a piece of trash
    ill have to take a look at #5

5. Handjob

Handjob Guest

more of the same, I suppose. Clean ass Eastern Canadian shit legal wall productions...

hang me...

6. bigpoppa.k

bigpoppa.k Elite Member

no need. you did it yourself with that bitchass comment.

7. drewWrite

drewWrite Guest

sum one told me the new issue is pretty GhEtTO

8. Handjob

Handjob Guest

How exactly did I hang myself (I'm guessing that thats what you're getting at), by voicing my opinion of that magazine?

Ooooooh, the magazine doesn't like me, wah wah wah...

9. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Guest

no matter how bad it might be (not to say it is)...

It's still leagues better than most of the crapy euro train mags from Tower.

10. BROWNer

BROWNer Guest

handjobs location is 'planet of ass' :) :) :)
    funny stuff.
    not to sound like a dickrider, i'll be picking
    that new UP up just for bigpoppa k's piece(2001)...
    i said it before, that piece sonned everyone.

11. bigpoppa.k

bigpoppa.k Elite Member

if you're talking about the UP jam piece thanks, but ouch.. didn't like that one at all..

12. bigpoppa.k

bigpoppa.k Elite Member

first with your generalization of eastern canadian graf. and second, that little comment went a little above and beyond just your opinion.

13. Boring Bastard

Boring Bastard Elite Member

What's wrong with that??? The guys from that same region for christs sake!! Come on now Handjob tell 'em! It's an opinion.....

14. bigpoppa.k

bigpoppa.k Elite Member

Obviously he knew he was going to get flak from his statement or he wouldn't have wrote "Hang Me".
    Statement and opinion are two different things. They will be misconstrued verbally in person, and in written word over such things as bbs' and emails'.
    "You're Wak!!" would be an example of statement. "I think you're WAK!!" would consitute an opinion.
    He did however write "I suppose", which would, in some circumstances consitute an opinion. But in the context of his entire post, it does not.
    "I suppose" also leads to the fact that he hasn't actually seen the mag yet. Therefore he is assuming, and we all know what assuming leads to.
    I'm 100% for fee speech, and the right to have your own opinion, but if you're going to have an opinion, do it properly. Don't just start spewing out comments all over and claim "It was my opinion!", because all you will get is nit picked and shot down. There are people on this board who practice (or try to anyway) proper english, grammer, and gramatical structure in their sentences. There's actually an entire thread dedicated to it in channel zero by THE LAW. Go read through that thread and come back here and respond.
    I could really give a fuck about this whole mag issue, but when you come on here making generalized comments about the area that i paint in, without backing it up, claiming "Opinion", then I need to say something. Back your shit up with facts and I will listen to your opinion. Blow shit out your ass, and that's all it is. Crap.

15. Handjob

Handjob Guest

Look, I love inetrnet beef just about as much as the next guy, but...

It was merely my humble opinion, maybe said a little too harshly. Unfortunately the people that got sooooo offended by it, don't know my sarcastic nature. Most things I say are toungue in cheek, and while there was a ring of truth to that statement, I'd like to clear it up by saying that I appreciate all graffiti, East Coast stuff just doesn't tickle my fancy. I'm aware of the fact that they bomb very hard, and paint a lot of trains, I'm just not super into their styles. Just my opinion, drop it... or go paint, whatever...

As far as backing my opinion up with facts, thats just fucking asinine in this case. How can I back it up? ITS MY FUCKING OPINION, thats how I back it up. Its a thought thats in MY head. Agree with it or don't, I could give two shits...

email me if you've got such a big problem. I know I could care less if you spoke your opinion of the West...