new trails in progress

cloner

well started to build the new trails yesterday, found a nice secluded spot and built for a few hours.

a few pictures of the area we have to build in

http://img62.photobucket.com/albums/v190/cloner/DSCF0003.jpg'>

the first berm/landing

http://img62.photobucket.com/albums/v190/cloner/DSCF0010.jpg'>

thats all the pics for right now. the setup looks like this...drop into this little path, crank a few times, hit a 1 foot launch with a 6 foot gap and 2 foot stepup into that berm. after that berm, crank twice the hit a 5 foot launch with about a 12 foot gap. land and pedal about 3 times and hit a 6 foot launch that hips to the left right, and you can go forwards. hip left, and you hit 2 doubles some rollers and a berm that leads into the first berm. go straight and you hit a double and some woods. hip right and you hit a berm, rollers, and a little stepup and a berm back into the first berm, basically its like a big figure 8 so you can thrash. ill update with pics frequently.

also, does anyone know what kinda charges you'd get for using a little bobcat thing on a companys property?

edit:more pics later i fucked em up

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by cloner

also, does anyone know what kinda charges you'd get for using a little bobcat thing on a companys property?

you could get a wide range of charges... from tresspassing, to destruction of property, to enivormental impact charges (unlikley but possible). it looks pretty isolated though, just get it done and then you can say you found it liek that.

i remember spending a week trying to build a track when i was young and before we finished we got kicked off the property and told not to come back. i was just a little kid, and people may not be as nice to older folks using their property. hope it works out.

well, its pretty isolated, and i think we could sneak one back there on a sunday. its so great, within a 2 minute ride of that place, theres a few fullpipes and a huge bank to wallride.

i've been kicked outta plenty of trails, we got 2 sets of trails plowed this spring, and one set got ruined by some kids.

thats the purpose of that first jump thats like a foot launch with a stepup and a 6 foot gap in the beginning because you really gotta throw yourself over that, and most kids wont. and if you dont hit that then you wont have enough speed to hit any jumps.

• 3 months later...
Originally posted by nomadawhat@Jun 22 2004, 02:48 PM

you could get a wide range of charges... from tresspassing, to destruction of property, to enivormental impact charges (unlikley but possible). it looks pretty isolated though, just get it done and then you can say you found it liek that.

back when i was 15 or so we built a set of trails behind a middle school in a deserted nature trail.

all was well until the day cops came in from every entrance like, "DONT FUCKING MOVE" with the principal leading the way. they had a helicopter over us too. it was so fucking awesome.

they said that we were breaking all these stupid conservation laws by being on their un-maintained trail. we had talked with school janitors and shit and they totally said it was cool and no one would care. they let us keep our shovels in their shed and everything. fucking principal and the cops made us and our parents all go to a huge meeting and make us make their fucking nature trail all pretty again. it was such a bunch of shit. and a large part of why i eventually quit riding dirt...other than that i really sucked at riding trails but was good at building them.

my friends and i had built probably 5 or so large sets of trails that got pretty good coverage. and were locals at another set that was probably the most well known sets of trails on long island in awhile....after sevs at least.

speaking of which....if anyone has ever seen the video TRAILBLAZIN i'll give you money. straight up 1995-96 shit there.

Originally posted by Tyler Durden+Oct 14 2004, 03:40 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Tyler Durden - Oct 14 2004, 03:40 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-nomadawhat@Jun 22 2004, 02:48 PM

back when i was 15 or so we built a set of trails behind a middle school in a deserted nature trail.

all was well until the day cops came in from every entrance like, "DONT FUCKING MOVE" with the principal leading the way. they had a helicopter over us too. it was so fucking awesome.

they said that we were breaking all these stupid conservation laws by being on their un-maintained trail. we had talked with school janitors and shit and they totally said it was cool and no one would care. they let us keep our shovels in their shed and everything. fucking principal and the cops made us and our parents all go to a huge meeting and make us make their fucking nature trail all pretty again. it was such a bunch of shit. and a large part of why i eventually quit riding dirt...other than that i really sucked at riding trails but was good at building them.

my friends and i had built probably 5 or so large sets of trails that got pretty good coverage. and were locals at another set that was probably the most well known sets of trails on long island in awhile....after sevs at least.

speaking of which....if anyone has ever seen the video TRAILBLAZIN i'll give you money. straight up 1995-96 shit there.

[/b]

man, you dont have to be good at riding trails, its all about the fun of it. chillin back with all your boys in the woods gettin drunk, smokin blunts, riding, just big flowing trains its the best man.

Archived