New Sketch, please critque (yea, this one actually works)

cheps

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by el nervo

it looks okey except that s at the end is off. but for all it is worth keep it practicing

Aight, thanks for the input, whut about the s needs improving? Just let me know whut needs to be changed.

-A

Guest meone

make sure your lines are straight. use a ruler if you have to until you get your hand steady enought to break away from it. other than that and wut others have said good start

Guest imported_El Mamerro

Those diagonal lines on the 3D have to be drawn at the same angle to work. True perspective would have the angles slightly diverging, but for now, keep the angles constant.

Nice call on the white highlights. Don't forget that the bottom of the holes on the 'e' and the 'p' are also upper edges and should have a highlight line as well.

I actually don't mind the 's' at all. Good job. Beer,

El Mamerro

Work on your hand style, I realize and can respect that your probably comftrable with your tag looking like that.. but if it came down to me not getting up on a spot because that was there id go right over it... not to mention i dont think it would go over real well here.

Other wise the peice could use a little touch up work but its nice over all ... planning on using brushes or rollers or what?

whoever said the thing about using a ruler to get straight lines? ehhh??? it's a sketch man. using a ruler isn't going to make his hand suddenly get steady. Also, what good would straight lines via a ruler help when he's painting. NO NO NO. A straight line on a piece of paper doesn't mean shit with you can't do it with paint.

Find a nice practice spot where not many people paint (if that's possible) and try to paint as much as you can. try freestyling pieces then going home, with the same idea in your head, and try to improve it on paper where it's a little more forgiving.

as far as the letters...at least it's readable.

Yo im not shure if im lookin at the same piece as every one else but ta me unless your like 5 years old that shit looks pretty bad ta me unless its gonna be a roller piece like 20 ft. tall or somethingk, your style needs mad werk thats just my 2 cents....................:king:

Originally posted by DEFCON2.0

Yo im not shure if im lookin at the same piece as every one else but ta me unless your like 5 years old that shit looks pretty bad ta me unless its gonna be a roller piece like 20 ft. tall or somethingk, your style needs mad werk thats just my 2 cents....................:king:

Like I said before, im just workin on basics at the moment. I am currently workin on a more complex piece, so far I got the outline inked in and imma try to do a better fill on this one. It will probably be up tomorrow.

-A

Guest THEdude
Originally posted by cheps

Like I said before, im just workin on basics at the moment. I am currently workin on a more complex piece, so far I got the outline inked in and imma try to do a better fill on this one. It will probably be up tomorrow.

-A

shut up.

DON'T COLOR THE SHIT.

its a waste of time.

if you're working on basics, then why are you going to do a more complex piece?

just work on the letters guy.

Originally posted by THEdude

if you're working on basics, then why are you going to do a more complex piece?

Just curious of how much I have improved since working more on basics. When I started, I just threw down complex pieces (of shit) that didnt really have much structure to them. So i guess this one is just a test ......

-A

Guest THEdude

well if you practice on just your letters for like a month, you'll probably see some progress.

you won't see it from one day to the other.

You're that guy off the Mr Blunt forums

You're simplifying, thats good, before you were trying to do too much too early, choose better colour schemes

Have you actually been painting yet? Last time I saw you post on Mr Blunt you were worrying about its implications on your education

Yea, thats me from blunts, I hear that place is shit now. No, I havent been out painting yet, I want to get the sketches down well first. I will probably eventually go out, just not on campus, cuz if I get busted, my education is done and imma bumb for the rest of my life, so I just gotta watch out.

-A

• 6 years later...

Archived