new sketch..any tips???

NoEZ

heres a new style i was tryin...um if theres any tips to help wit anything..post em..letters strusture...formation..style...coloring...watever...anythings good...its not that good....oh and dont pay attnetion to tha blue shyt in tha backround...my blander stopped workin so i couldnt do something....

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b2df02b3127cce9c259b7eb5e90000003410'>

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i cant really comment on the letter structure, cause there really isnt any. you should practice doing some more simples before you jump into something advanced like this. adding a bunch of pointy things to a latter doesnt make it good, just 'sharp' and thats not such a great thing most the time... your 3d looks decent, so obviously you have a little skill... try messing with more traditional styles for a while, then slowly evolve into more technical stuff... you'll be much happier that way, trust me.

i thought that way for a long time, and my letters incredibly suffered because of it. simple doesnt have to mean boring, and infact its just the opposit. i see a hundred pieces a day that bore the shit out of me. but a good simple, no matter how many times i see it, will blow me away. its why people like GIANT, spone, espo, twist etc are as revered as they are... cause they can make simple look fresh, time and time again.

DAMN..I remember while while back I posted sketchs and got nuthin but negative feedback.....ANYWAYS the letter structures like said before Are FUNKED up...start simple I see sketchs as blueprints for a piece..

Keep in mind what you are capabale of doing with cans...keep consistant

...when you find a letter style that works try and improve it

Good luck for the 2002

Guest amorphic
Originally posted by noezywriter

yea thanx....i guess i should try some simpler stuff... i just hate goin simple...its so tempting to go all out....i guess thats just my art part of my brain thinkin...thanx

eon is taken. he paints pretty much everything, so I would pick another name.

Originally posted by seeking innocence

i cant really comment on the letter structure, cause there really isnt any. you should practice doing some more simples before you jump into something advanced like this. adding a bunch of pointy things to a latter doesnt make it good, just 'sharp' and thats not such a great thing most the time... your 3d looks decent, so obviously you have a little skill... try messing with more traditional styles for a while, then slowly evolve into more technical stuff... you'll be much happier that way, trust me.

i couldnt have said it better myself.

i know a lot of the other people who have replied said they didnt like the pointy stuff but i think it is tight. It is a unique style and if you can make it look fresh and put it up that would be ill. they do have a point tho about startin off simple. i rocked straight letters for the first two years i was writin and then all of a sudden the fresh wildstyles just came to me that were of my own stlye. if you start to do tech shit before you are ready your style might look kinda bit so you might wanna stick to simple shit if you dont think you are ready to get loose.

the pointy style is not unique, its the exact same thing that every person when they start writing. they add extra points and nonsense to their letters cause they cant comprehend how to make good, solid, styled letters. thats not a dis by the way, its just pretty much the universal truth. and no offense graff fiend, but i have a very hard time believing that after two years you came out with your own unique wild style, style.

your still caught up in the first step of graffiti. your getting to ahead of yourself. honestly just look at normal letters make them blocky and make minor adjustments that add style. example.

take for example a block letter E.

now dont think about where on the e you could add a cool arrow or some bullshit like that. instead think about how you can change the actual structure. you could take the main bar and make it more like >

then you could take the top and bottom line on the e split away from each other. any who i hope you have a clue what im talkin about otherwize you wont go anywhere for a while. i swear to you though once you get some kinda flow that you can actually see you will get so much better so much faster.

work on your 3d... one of my most helpful graff experiences was sitting in my tattoo shop, waiting for something to do, and working on a piece in my book. One of the artists (who is not a very big appreciater of graff) comes up and sez, "wow... that's fucking rad". He walked away, did some work, and by the time he came back, i had done almost all the 3d... he looks at it and says... "what the hell'd you do... it's all fucked up now..." anyways, I ended up redoing that picture about 5 times, cuz the artist (my boss) wouldn't give me my pay for the day until he approved of the pic.

so long story short, looks good, work on the 3d

try to maintain a flow..there's no movement to the piece, you got big blocky letters with little dangling things off em...

your connections don't make sense...the e to the m especially...

like other's have said, start simple...work on the simple funk then bring the complex stuff in...

word

Guest 203-TD4

startin simple is deffinately the wat to go; yet tryin to push it furtherr cant hurt every now and then; i consitrated on technicle shit for so long that i am tryin to take a step backwards and learn simples all over again... so fuck around with a lil bit of everythin... my suggestion for that sketch is to try to switch it up a lil; add some curves and ish... play with the fill alot more

yea thanx ...wow..alot of good replies and tips...yea i did some simple stuff today when this girl asked me to draw in her book..i did like 10 sketches in a simple style..but not too simple and people wouldnt shut up about it...so then i told em to go away cause they fukin annoyed me....oh well...no body cares about that..haha!!..alright peace

Archived