***NEW POPE'S NOT BLACK DAMMIT WE WUZ ROBBED***

heavyLox

_40980343_popeafp203.jpg

Last Updated: Thursday, 31 March, 2005, 23:21 GMT 00:21 UK

E-mail this to a friend Printable version

Concern as Pope's health worsens

Image of the Pope

The Pope has been fed through a nasal tube

Pope John Paul II is suffering from a very high fever caused by a urinary tract infection, the Vatican has said in a statement.

Spokesman Joaquin Navarro-Valls said the 84-year-old pontiff was receiving "appropriate antibiotic therapy".

Another senior Vatican official said later the Pope's condition had stabilised but it was still serious.

The Pope was also given the last rites - the Catholic sacrament for the sick and dying, unconfirmed reports say.

BBSEE

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The trouble with god is, what if he dosent exist and you work all your life making other peoples lives better and then you die. What then?

Then you have these supposed people with a connection to some one who dosent exist telling you what to do.

Dosent make sense to me.

Originally posted by IzacFour@Apr 1 2005, 01:23 AM

you work all your life making other peoples lives better

And your against this?

The dude was a good pope as far as popes go, but I think it's his time to go and for a new, more open minded pope to take the reigns. The Catholic Church has made alot of advances in the last few years, Though it still has a long way to go. I think it needs to be more compassionate and understanding.

Either way, RIP soon.

I too feel a love for the pope. He is undeniably a man of pure heart and good intentions. He has done so much good.

He broke many barriers... so yes he is open minded. He was the first pope to step foot in a mosque for instance. He's been very much about solidarity and unity, and he has had a commitment to social justice throughout his life after suffering russian and german occupation in his native poland.

I have good wishes for the pope.

It would be hard for me to imagine a world without him, but I am sure he is going to a better place.

Guest imported_El Mamerro

The Pope was good peoples, imperfect like everyone else. I'll miss the dude.

I haven't prayed in ages, but I might send one for him tonight.

Originally posted by Armenhammer+Apr 1 2005, 03:51 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Armenhammer - Apr 1 2005, 03:51 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-IzacFour@Apr 1 2005, 01:23 AM

you work all your life making other peoples lives better

And your against this?

The dude was a good pope as far as popes go, but I think it's his time to go and for a new, more open minded pope to take the reigns. The Catholic Church has made alot of advances in the last few years, Though it still has a long way to go. I think it needs to be more compassionate and understanding.

Either way, RIP soon.

[/b]

Yes. I would have to be against anything done under false pretense. Essentially, religeon is either a savior or the worlds biggest con. Since I dont beleive in the after life or any other higher being, R.I.P the worlds sneakiest man; the pope.

• 2 weeks later...