New Plastikman!

RumPuncher

Most of you cats probably couldn't care at all,

you've got a lot on your hands defending the sorry state of hiphop...

but Ritchie Hawtin is releasing a new Plastikman album!

so who is Plastikman?

http://www.burntblue.com/l/djartists/ritchiehawtin/plastikman_main.jpg'>

well here's a little sneak peak for the electrocktors out there.

I'm not sure what I think of the voice effect in that track, but I

haven't heard the full album yet. I will be listening to it later tonight.

so what's plastikman done?

Well I'm sure some of you have heard of www.finalscratch.com

ans you really need to check out this mixer www.m-nus.com

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Yeah.. i heard about this and am definatley hyped for it!!! I'll be checking that tour out here on the 8th... you gonna catch the one out your way? Not much better than plastikman live PA!!! shit makes me want to do hallucinates though. he will mind fuck you. you have the album already? nice.

Originally posted by Kilo7-

ans you really need to check out this mixer www.m-nus.com

ok, uno mas thing, that remixer remined me of a story. back @ 95 i was going to NYC to see a plastikman live performance (yeah, yeah let me have it) and that was shortly after the first WTC bombing and he had a bunch of modified equipment with wires all over the place and not the proper paper work so they wouldn't let him into the country (he's canadian). shit was wack..then we got kicked out of the hotel and had to drive back to MI. ohh shitty time. hopfully his has his poop in a group now!!

he didn't develop it but he was one of the first big name guys

to sign onboard to be a tester. his album 'DE9: closer to the edit'

was all done with FS and a few other similar programs. (midi clocks etc.)

I've got an hour+ interview with him talking about final scratch.

He's coming by my way on the 30th of this month so

I should plan to see him. I haven't seen him in years.

So this album is really minimal (yes... I see the irony).

He's clearly taken some large heapings of dub music.

and nomada... you're on slsk right?

I might have something for you.

Originally posted by Kilo7-

and nomada... you're on slsk right?

I might have something for you.

word.. i am only on night shift though once i get home. you're only day, right?

but i do have tommorow off....if that would work, who do i look for?

i actually never heard that DE9... i know i should.

you should definatley see him, he's planning quite a show it sounds like, and his plastikman pa's rock.. much better than dj sets or decks and effects in my opinion. and this one has been a long time coming.

SAY WHAT?

oh man... go to the record shop and buy DE9 right away!

He took over 300 samples from 1 sound to 4 bars and put

them all back together to make this album. It's as close

to brilliant as electronic music can ever get.

as for tomorrow... check the 12oz room and I'll try to pop

in around noon. I'll find that interview if you want it.

He's really got some incredible things to say about the future

of playing electronic music and all technology that pushes him.

and maybe I'll even hook you the new one :cool:

in no particular order:

-there is no T in richie.

-he got kicked out of the country for working illegaly, it had nothing to do with equipment. When he went through the border, they searched him, found plane tickets to new york, and the tour itinerary. he went back home and did a 'live set' in the studio, recorded it to dat, then sent it on to NY. most the people didnt even know he wasn't there.

-the album is cool. definitely odd, but cool. im not sure how i feel about the lyrics, but i trust that over time they'll grow on me.

-the guys who invented final scratch approached rich and john (acquaviva, his partner in plus8) about 5 years ago, and asked for financial backing. obviously the rest is sort of history. for the past couple years, he's been using it for a good majority of his tracks. he'll even make remixes while sitting on the plane just for specific gigs.

-this tour is not exactly a 'live pa' in the traditional sense, it's a continuation and expansion on the 'DE9' set up he's been using. for years and years there's been talk of another actual 'plastikman live pa' tour, but the logistics involved, especially with the older tracks and the gear used, create alot of problems.

-in addition to the links kilo put up, rich was also voted #1 dj in the world, by whatever body governs such elections. he plays roughly 250 gigs a year and occasionally playing in 2 seperate countries on the same day.

ummm, thats all i can think of right now, and ten times more than anyone asked for.

seeks/plasmatik

Originally posted by seeking

-he got kicked out of the country for working illegaly, it had nothing to do with equipment. When he went through the border, they searched him, found plane tickets to new york, and the tour itinerary. he went back home and did a 'live set' in the studio, recorded it to dat, then sent it on to NY. most the people didnt even know he wasn't there.

ahh, well shit, i had been under that impression for sometime now... hell. i thought it was a combo of not having a work permit to enter the us (working illegally) and his equipment, i figured they checked on him more because of the equip. i knew he played a DAT at that party, and it was pretty damn good. i also remember him not being allowed in the country for a year or so afterwards ....

thats a bummer that its not a regular plastikman pa... but i still will be hyped to catch it.. i know he will go all out.

i was thinking it might be that much time hence the or so, or so mean a year you know? ..but that time is a bit hazy to me.

and makes sense on the equip... for some reason i thought he was driving... i think i just assumed though.. but ahhh whatever..

and now i know the rest of the story.....

wow.... I had no idea seeks was a plastikfan.

So after listening to the album again... the jury is still out.

Maybe I'm being a little naive here, but I kept hoping a danceable beat

would drop in somewhere.

i cant say its immediately my favorite shit he's done, but i just kind of trust that dude knows what he's doing.

it doesnt sound like darth vader exactly, but its definitely vocoded to sound 'robotic'.

i dont have a full copy of it yet, so its hard to say, but whatever....so far its gotten good reviews.

kilo,

im a fan, but not nearly a 'superfan' like i probably sound. i'm just sort of...'connected' i guess you could say.

seeks/1 degree of speration

Archived