Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

New Plastikman!

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by --zeSto--, Oct 16, 2003.

1. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Veteran Member

2. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Veteran Member

on second listen... it's a little strange.
    and I knew what I was getting into!

3. Vanity

Vanity Veteran Member

final scratch is very cool.. but that shit is way too expensive

4. nomadawhat

nomadawhat Veteran Member

Yeah.. i heard about this and am definatley hyped for it!!! I'll be checking that tour out here on the 8th... you gonna catch the one out your way? Not much better than plastikman live PA!!! shit makes me want to do hallucinates though. he will mind fuck you. you have the album already? nice.

5. nomadawhat

he developed final scrath??

digging the preview!!!!

6. nomadawhat

ok, uno mas thing, that remixer remined me of a story. back @ 95 i was going to NYC to see a plastikman live performance (yeah, yeah let me have it) and that was shortly after the first WTC bombing and he had a bunch of modified equipment with wires all over the place and not the proper paper work so they wouldn't let him into the country (he's canadian). shit was wack..then we got kicked out of the hotel and had to drive back to MI. ohh shitty time. hopfully his has his poop in a group now!!

7. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Veteran Member

he didn't develop it but he was one of the first big name guys
    to sign onboard to be a tester. his album 'DE9: closer to the edit'
    was all done with FS and a few other similar programs. (midi clocks etc.)
    I've got an hour+ interview with him talking about final scratch.

He's coming by my way on the 30th of this month so
    I should plan to see him. I haven't seen him in years.

So this album is really minimal (yes... I see the irony).
    He's clearly taken some large heapings of dub music.

and nomada... you're on slsk right?
    I might have something for you.

8. nomadawhat

word.. i am only on night shift though once i get home. you're only day, right?
    but i do have tommorow off....if that would work, who do i look for?

i actually never heard that DE9... i know i should.

you should definatley see him, he's planning quite a show it sounds like, and his plastikman pa's rock.. much better than dj sets or decks and effects in my opinion. and this one has been a long time coming.

9. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Veteran Member

SAY WHAT?

oh man... go to the record shop and buy DE9 right away!
    He took over 300 samples from 1 sound to 4 bars and put
    them all back together to make this album. It's as close
    to brilliant as electronic music can ever get.

as for tomorrow... check the 12oz room and I'll try to pop
    in around noon. I'll find that interview if you want it.
    He's really got some incredible things to say about the future
    of playing electronic music and all technology that pushes him.

and maybe I'll even hook you the new one :cool:

10. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Veteran Member

http://www.musicomh.com/albums/hawtin-a.jpg'>

^ this is the album you need to buy. Like really... buy it!

11. nomadawhat

OK.... i will take that advice. i remember you and mams taliking aboot that and had it in hand once..

12pm..damn, gonna make me set the alarm on my day off... haha, j/k i'll probably be around.

12. ClueTwo

ClueTwo Veteran Member

This is one of the corniest things I've ever seen...

[​IMG]

13. Vanity

Vanity Veteran Member

the skratch piklz shure ads were pretty lame too.

dj focus has developed a grip of shit: hamster switch, focus fader, bpm record... maybe some new stuff since then, who knows.

14. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

in no particular order:

-there is no T in richie.
    -he got kicked out of the country for working illegaly, it had nothing to do with equipment. When he went through the border, they searched him, found plane tickets to new york, and the tour itinerary. he went back home and did a 'live set' in the studio, recorded it to dat, then sent it on to NY. most the people didnt even know he wasn't there.
    -the album is cool. definitely odd, but cool. im not sure how i feel about the lyrics, but i trust that over time they'll grow on me.
    -the guys who invented final scratch approached rich and john (acquaviva, his partner in plus8) about 5 years ago, and asked for financial backing. obviously the rest is sort of history. for the past couple years, he's been using it for a good majority of his tracks. he'll even make remixes while sitting on the plane just for specific gigs.
    -this tour is not exactly a 'live pa' in the traditional sense, it's a continuation and expansion on the 'DE9' set up he's been using. for years and years there's been talk of another actual 'plastikman live pa' tour, but the logistics involved, especially with the older tracks and the gear used, create alot of problems.
    -in addition to the links kilo put up, rich was also voted #1 dj in the world, by whatever body governs such elections. he plays roughly 250 gigs a year and occasionally playing in 2 seperate countries on the same day.

ummm, thats all i can think of right now, and ten times more than anyone asked for.

seeks/plasmatik

15. nomadawhat

ahh, well shit, i had been under that impression for sometime now... hell. i thought it was a combo of not having a work permit to enter the us (working illegally) and his equipment, i figured they checked on him more because of the equip. i knew he played a DAT at that party, and it was pretty damn good. i also remember him not being allowed in the country for a year or so afterwards ....

thats a bummer that its not a regular plastikman pa... but i still will be hyped to catch it.. i know he will go all out.