new phone

Coffie Crave

i turn to 12oz cuzs i know alot of you are up on ur electronics.

i just went through my 3rd phone and the lcd just went blank...so now i have to get a new phone. its not that i am throwing them around or setting on them, i guess i have a hard time finding a phone that dosent get all chessy...i want something that is small and works well. i was thinking about getting the mortoral razor becuase its thin and wouldent be an issue to carry in my pocket or even to throw in my back pocket while skateing, but i also herd that phone has alot of problumes.

what would u recommend ?

thanks-

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I have a samsung 426 and the same thing just happened to me too. The phone works fine, but the lcd conked out...

So I went to cingular to renew my plan and get a new phone. It turns out, since I had AT&T, I can't renew until 3 months from now, even though my phone says Cingular and my bill says Cingular.

Unless I want to buy a phone w/o a deal, then its $150. To say the least I was pissed.

The chick at the store said basically "go on e-bay or craigslist and buy a used phone."

Needless to say I dusted off my old cell phone, but the moral of the story is, is they all suck. And next time, get celly insurance. Its a scam, yes, but the phones are so cheap, you have no choice...

Heres the deal: fuck all these snazzy phones with extra features, internet, video feeds, etc. Get a reletively small phone that doesn't have all that extra shit and save yourself some cash. I've had two phones in the past 4 or 5 years and the only reason i haven't had the same one the whole time is because i switched companies.

I have a Nextel 205i that does this. I don't know why, it just does. Usually, if I turn it off and on a few times, it comes back on. Again, I don't know why. And, now that Nextel has been bought out by Sprint, the customer service is shite, I'm afraid. It's too bad, I thought Nextel had excellent customer service when it was a Motorola brand.

I highly recommend Nokia. They are indestructable, and if you aren't a Floss Monster, the 2270 has good basic features and reception. I had to get the 6255i, because I never had a nice phone...this one is pretty amazing, if you have the ducats for it ($250).

Good luck with that.

I have a Motorola V220 and it's a piece of shit. The camera sucks, the LCD screen fucks up after less then a year, it's got a cheap feel to it, and the ringer is really low if you upload mp3 ringtones to it. Plus the software for it costs money unless you pirate it which is hard to do because it's not easy software to find and you gotta do patches and cracks and everything.

Mine was on the fritz and I had to have Cingular send me a new one since it's under warrenty, when I asked if they "would send the same piece of crap phone" they told me I could get a better phone if I paid for it in full and renewed my contract. Gay.

I haev a Razr and have had it since April.

Haven't had too many problems with it, but the software to connect it to my PC sometimes plays up, but I think that could be the PC's fault.

Other than that, get the black one as it has video capture, but the only problem with it is that the memory isn't the biggest. I put like 4 1 minute long sound files on it, and taken about 200 pics.

So it does the job I guess, but the cam isn't the best as it doesn't have a flash.

Guest uncle-boy

ive got a nextel i730, and the thing is a tank

its not extremely tiny but its small enough, gots tons of features, not to mention the walkie talkie beep beep cripness.

ive thrown it around, dropped it, fallen on it, and had it for a long time with no problems.

small enough for your pocket, or you could just use the belt clip it comes with. and no, it doesnt look nerdy.

good luck homie.

heres mine... its decent but I wanna get the razor.

V551.jpg

Summary of Features:

* Compact design with soft-touch covers and vivid color internal display (65,000 TFT)

* Integrated VGA camera with 4x zoom and dedicated one-touch camera key

* Preloaded FotoFun Photo Editor for editing by adding clip art and backgrounds to existing images

* One touch video capture and playback

* GPRS and EDGE for high speed data exchange

* GSM Quad-band global roaming

* Dedicated carrier key for easy one touch access to a Web-related services

* Bluetooth wireless technology

* SyncML Device Management and PIM Synch

* Entertainment via Java preloaded and downloadable games, MP3 ringtones and more

* Picture caller ID & picture phone book

* Up to 5 megabytes of end user memory

* Multi-media messaging service (MMS), POP3/IMAP4 client for e-mail management and IM Wireless Village

* Conference calling and integrated hands-free speaker

The Motorola V551 is expected to be available Q3 2004. For more information regarding pricing and product availability in your region, please check with your local Motorola representative.

i don't use a phone for anything fancy

i have a simple LG flipphone

i've downloaded one graphic and sent two text messages

but i've had it for six months and dropped it plenty

i don't have a case for it

i also like flip phones because you won't ever call anyone accidentally

i overheard my ex talking about me one day when his phone called me from his pocket

and another girl i know busted her man lying to her about his whereabouts after he called her and lied about it, and the phone called her back from his pocket and she could hear everything that was going on [at the bar]

050703_8_439am_8.jpg