New Larry Clark Movie - "Wassup Rockers"

2 blaazed

Larry Clark will direct "Wassup Rockers" from his own script. Chris Blackwell's Palm Pictures will distribute and produce. Like Clark's controversial "Kids," "Rockers" will feature street kids in leading roles. This time, the story is set in South Central Los Angeles and follows a group of largely Hispanic teenagers who, instead of conforming to the hip-hop culture of their neighborhood, ride skateboards, listen to punk rock and wear their clothes tight. Constantly harassed, they take buses to Beverly Hills, Santa Monica and Hollywood, where they skate and catch the attention of the local rich girls, inevitably leading to trouble with parents, police and boyfriends.

Trailer: http://www.tf1international.com/download/2...S-Promoreel.wmv

More:

http://www.tf1international.com/fiche.php?Film=230

Typical larry clark film, I will check it out though

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by Larry Clark

DIRECTOR'S NOTE

Ten years ago, I made the film KIDS and used real New York City street kids in the principal roles (discovering Rosario Dawson and Chloe Sevigny). Similarly, WASSUP ROCKERS will feature South Central Los Angeles street kids in the leading roles.

WASSUP ROCKERS is a story I’ve written based on real life experiences of a group of Latino and Hispanic teenagers who, instead of conforming to the hip hop culture of their gang infested neighborhood, wear their clothes tight (young), listen to (and play) punk rock and ride their skateboards. Constantly harassed for being different, they have to fight to be themselves. One morning they take the Metro and City Bus into Hollywood to skate the famous “Nine Stairs” at Beverly Hills High that they always see in the popular skateboard videos. While there, they catch the attention of some rich white Beverly Hills girls – leading to trouble with the girls’ boyfriends as well as the police. The police chase them simply because they’re there (“you don’t belong here”) and they run into Beverly Hills where they meet up with the girls and a variety of Beverly Hills residents, getting into really big trouble as they are chased by the police and residents. The story culminates with a wild chase through Los Angeles as the Rockers try to escape to the (relative) safety of South Central.

Two of my favorite movies of all time are THE SWIMMER (directed by Frank Perry) and THE WARRIORS (directed by Walter Hill). Remember Burt Lancaster going into people’s backyards to swim across Beverly Hills, pool by pool? Or the Warriors trying to get home – gang neighborhood by gang neighborhood?

Our “Rockers” go into Beverly Hills backyard by backyard, trying to escape – but finding new adventures in each backyard and, like the Warriors, trying to get to the safety of home. I plan to use the organic Punk Rock (our Rockers have a garage band) and Hip Hop street music of South Central Los Angeles, using local musicians (there are some great undiscovered bands in the ghetto). When we get to Beverly Hills, the music should reflect the tastes of the residents we meet in the film… the rich Beverly Hills white girls might listen to USHER or NELLY or ??? The “Fashion World” people might have a DJ at a backyard lawn party spinning beats..?? I know I want to reflect the musical tastes of the characters in the film so that the soundtrack is eclectic and mirrors reality.

Originally posted by destroya+May 12 2005, 07:28 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (destroya - May 12 2005, 07:28 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>what's with this guys obsession with minors and sex?

[/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-TonySuprano@May 12 2005, 08:05 PM

Larry Clarks the shit - just got Ken Park - cant wait to watch it

Talk shit all you want.....this guy is an astounding filmaker who has never failed to capture the grit and grime of adolescense. never once have i seen a Larry Clark film and thought to myself...."Ah yeah right, what a bunch of b.s."

Ken Park is great

And Peaches is hot

Anybody got ken park on their comp and feel like sending it over hurrrr???

I have movies and music on my comp that I'm more than willing to share.

Kids is the only Larry Clark movie I've seen. I thought it was good, although he is definetely way too interested in adolescent sex.

Guest imported_Tesseract

Dude is 100 times a better photographer than a director but anyway. I wish he could just stick to that.