Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

New kid..

Discussion in 'Paper Chase' started by Axis, Sep 18, 2003.

1. Axis

Axis New Jack

Sup fellas,

I got interested in the art a few years back...My cousin who lives up in NY sent me a few quickies he did and I got interested in it...Started gettin into breakin, saw some of Mr. Wiggles stuff, got hooked...

Nowadayz I just sketch stuff up, but this weekend, I'm going to be doing my first graff job on an abandon warehouse.

I was lookin around the forums and didn't really find any stuff for newbs, but any links to sites to learn bout history of graff, the equipment and such??

Here's something I did during calculus with some of those fatties crayloa markers in like 5 min...Not the best I've done but it's a start..
    [​IMG]

2. cmeup

cmeup Veteran Member

:eek:

yousa ............:king:

3. DrSeusLives

DrSeusLives Member

I like it for some reason... How long have you been writing? I would say go simplier but...

:)
    AMEK

4. lo-berto

lo-berto New Jack

I THINK IT'S UGLY , BUT I'M SURE IF YOU KEEP AT IT YOU'LL GET BETTER , DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND GO OUT AND MEET WRITERS AND GO AND PAINT AS MUCH AS YOU CAN AND STAY AWAY FROM THIS FORUM CAUSE IT'S THE WORST THING FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE JUST STARTING TO WRITE .

5. Axis

Axis New Jack

Thanks for the honestly. Personally, I do agree with you. As far as meeting some local writers...I have seen maybe 3 murals in like a 20mi radius...I'll chill out on the forums for a bit, only thing I can do is learn...

Any suggestions for others?

Dr.Seus..
    I'd say bout 8 months or so...I'm a pretty good artist, and it sounds kinda bad, but I can just look a piece and copy it pretty well...I'm just trying to develop my own style..
    The reason for the black tails....teacher threw an eraser at me, made a nice big stray mark...so I tried to fix it...

6. Axis

Axis New Jack

Another 2 I've done...Copied the style of the letters
    http://pic8.picturetrail.com:80/VOL236/1309027/2488207/34058271.jpg'>
    [img]http://pic8.picturetrail.com:80/VOL236/1309027/2488207/34058263.jpg'>

7. Gunm

Gunm Banned

Yeah Axis, I have some advice....don't listen to Kubrick. I dig your tag, it has potential. practice.

8. Axis

Axis New Jack

I got like 4 more lying around that are actually respectable...I'll post them up tomorrow

9. shor

shor Member

hey you are good at biting. but maybe you should look at what people do, they all have the letters there and they just tweak them.. now your sketch i dont really see anything in it.. maybe its just me, but it just looks like nothingness. but just look at a letter, and at its bars, and then just bend and shape them to your liking. all anyone ever says is 'go simpler' as if that explains it in detail... just understand what a letter looks like and then slap some imagination into it

10. Axis

Axis New Jack

Once again thanks for honesty. As far as bending my letters to my liking, I'm just goin through the alphabet with variations here and there till I like one....

11. StarzAbove

StarzAbove Veteran Member

Letter structures are def going some where

12. MarzOne

MarzOne Junior Member

erm.. i dunno if im feeling.. im not really ever feelin my wiggles leters i duno tho

peace

13. aowltpaowltp

aowltpaowltp Member

i think you should just kill yourself now and get it over with:idea:

14. suicidebombr

suicidebombr Member

didn't really like the first one but the rest are nice.:)

15. nightagger

nightagger Junior Member

ok im not exactly sure what the hell happend with that last one you posted....is that supposed to be a 3d around it???? cuz if it is do what aowltpaowltp said and go kill yurself now but it might just be a really bad outline....oh yea and the other ones arent bad...