Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

New Job in Print Company

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Jake Stevens, Apr 9, 2006.

1. Jake Stevens

Jake Stevens Senior Member

Got a New job in a print company starting tomoro.. i doin graphic design in college but this is for the whole summer.. i was all happy to be starting in this place until i was talkin to an old friend of mine that i ran into and he used work for the same company... he made tea and shit for the first 3 months he was there.. personally i dont wanna be doin it now but the experience of the print company is well quite good for my degree so wat you lot think i should do stick it out for awhile and see how it goes or drop it before i burn my hands with hot tea! and continue with current job until i find somethin better...

2. AyeBee

AyeBee Veteran Member

Might as well try it...maybe your friend just sucked

3. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

stop snitching.

4. dumy

dumy Veteran Member

sounds like a good job..even if you are just making tea...fuck it, shit could be hella worse..and if you ever have to do any actual work it'll be something you're interested in..you know what I do? I work for an insurance company...

5. Vanity

Vanity Veteran Member

the printing industry sucks. think of the advertising industry's rep for being fast paced and long hours and then realize that their hold ups get passed on to the next vendor in lione to clean up.

6. El Jefe Uno

El Jefe Uno Dirty Dozen Crew

id make tea if i got paid for it, easy money :)
    and plus the fact you can write down that you worked at a printing place on a resume will look good if thats the kinda area you wanna pursue

7. Jake Stevens

yeah suppose yous are right but still hate doin nothin productive.. wait i on the ounce at 1235am and i up at 545 to get to work.. foget i said that! lol!

the money isnt too bad.. 480euros a week basic plus overtime.. i 20yrs old and live at home with the parents.. i shouldn really complain.. any "free stuffs" i get ill let yous know.. inks are top of list..

8. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

that's awesome money, stop bitching.

9. Jake Stevens

yeah come to Ireland the cost of living is ridiculous.. 850 for a bigmc meal... Abercrombie polo shirt 120euro only 49 dollars it slightly different... 5euro a can of Belton premium 3euro the rest of Europe.. i could go on bitchin.. lol... the money is very good but still id rather do somethin more productive..

10. shitting

shitting Veteran Member

did you know it costs $14 AUS for a belton in Sydney? 8.5 euros, thats after a recent price drop

and most people your age here are lucky to make 480 for a fulltime week. But then again, thats not really anything to complain about either.

11. mr.yuck

mr.yuck Veteran Member

what the hell? How are you from iceland and have a yankee accent. I for one think that is awesome.

12. ViolentByDesign

ViolentByDesign Senior Member

i work at a print company. the spot i work at is ill. there is only 3 other people i work with and its madd laid back. def one of the best atmospheres for a job. i don't even have a schedule, i just roll in and whenever i clock in/out is what i get paid for.

13. MAR

MAR Veteran Member

^WTF? When can I start?

14. Schnitzel

Schnitzel Dirty Dozen Crew

deal with it atleast you can put it on your resume

15. Jake Stevens

and here we go.. it starts i givin a computer to sit at... this is a mac! oh this guy who showin me arnd has only 4 fingers... nice