Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

New Jacks, and the changing face of Hip-Hop(and shit)

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Motes, Dec 25, 2001.

1. Motes

Motes Guest

I was having one of my many conversations about hip-hop with my little bro (15), and I noticed how different our tastes are. Anticon, "Not looking hip-hop", and bitten styles graffiti seem to generally describe this "mod" type denial (almost) of hip-hop culture's roots. This is hard to describe but I know some of y'all know what I'm talking about. This shit puzzles me. I don't know weather to think this whole movement that I've observed is whack as fuck of to just shrug it off and keep on keepin'on. Anyone else notice what I'm talking about? Should Graffiti even be considered "hip-hop" anymore? Am I just delerious?

2. Dr. Dazzle

Dr. Dazzle Veteran Member

I don't think so. I mean, sure, it will always have it's hip-hop roots, and will always be associated with hip-hop, but it isn't strictly "hip-hop" anymore. It's no longer an art form strictly for the lower-class black community, now people of all races, religions, social-classes, and gender are involved. And the same for musical tastes. It's no longer strictly a hip-hop thing. It's more of the appreciation of the art form. I listen to hip hop, but I also listen to other forms and styles of music just as much.

I'm rambling. I don't even know if any of this made sense....

3. intercept

intercept Senior Member

jazz is where its at sucka............:cool: :p :king:

4. tmf0

tmf0 New Jack

im with dazzle on this.
    but in europe> the 4 elements are the way of life for writers. or atleast the ones i have met...

5. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

i think it would be funny if everyone in america started dressing like traditional aboriginee people from australia. then in like 10 years we could talk shit about the aboriginees not 'keeping it real' and wearing aligator skin tunics and stuff. that would really be something.

6. BTW, this forum is responsible for adding one more element, for further info on this check the 'pics of hot girls' thread.
    So from the 5elements, and being a European i'll tell you i'm completely loyal to 2 of them.

7. MR BOJANGLES

MR BOJANGLES Guest

man, my look on it is:
    im a writer who listens to hiphop, sublime, reggae, drum n bass, breakbeats, a lil punk when my friends are playin it, and i love it all.

8. T.T Boy

T.T Boy Dirty Dozen Crew

i just ate 14 mini cream puffs, i am hip hop.

9. skullfucker

skullfucker Junior Member

yo i aint tryin ta come thrue here an be like yo this mafucka right here be on some super scientifical knowledge or no shit but yo some a yall mafuckas need to peep this shit right here ya heard! yo why the fuck yall be talkin about hip hop? do hip hop be talkin about you? when was the last time one a yall faggot ass mafuckas was in the bathroom at a club an heard hip hop dissin you? you aint word up so yo why the fuck dont yall just leave hip hop outa this shit ya heard?! yalls actin like a jealous bitch whos man be gettin his dick sucked by some other bitch. yo i cant speak for no body but a mafucka like the christ puncher but yo straight up if i was some a yall mafuckas yo id be askin santa for some last minute sleepin pills so you can eat the hole bottle an kiss your dumb ass goodbye cause no on the real no body gives a fuck about yall mafuckas please believe it! ************** -edited by fr8oholic

Christ Puncher One

10. fr8oholic

fr8oholic Veteran Member

CPO is up for man of the year with that little tidbit...
    yesh yesh yall...

11. MR BOJANGLES

MR BOJANGLES Guest

wow, he was pissed huh fr8?!?!?...i love hiphop bro. calm down its ok.

12. Christ Puncher Oner

Christ Puncher Oner Member

yo just so yall know skullfucker aint say that shit i did yo i just fucked up an did that shit under ma mans name yo cause we just finished smokin the yule log nawmean! yo you know how mafuckas like we be doin! true dat!

christ punchin head smasha