New Jacks, and the changing face of Hip-Hop(and shit)

Guest Motes

I was having one of my many conversations about hip-hop with my little bro (15), and I noticed how different our tastes are. Anticon, "Not looking hip-hop", and bitten styles graffiti seem to generally describe this "mod" type denial (almost) of hip-hop culture's roots. This is hard to describe but I know some of y'all know what I'm talking about. This shit puzzles me. I don't know weather to think this whole movement that I've observed is whack as fuck of to just shrug it off and keep on keepin'on. Anyone else notice what I'm talking about? Should Graffiti even be considered "hip-hop" anymore? Am I just delerious?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by Motes

Should Graffiti even be considered "hip-hop" anymore?

I don't think so. I mean, sure, it will always have it's hip-hop roots, and will always be associated with hip-hop, but it isn't strictly "hip-hop" anymore. It's no longer an art form strictly for the lower-class black community, now people of all races, religions, social-classes, and gender are involved. And the same for musical tastes. It's no longer strictly a hip-hop thing. It's more of the appreciation of the art form. I listen to hip hop, but I also listen to other forms and styles of music just as much.

I'm rambling. I don't even know if any of this made sense....

i think it would be funny if everyone in america started dressing like traditional aboriginee people from australia. then in like 10 years we could talk shit about the aboriginees not 'keeping it real' and wearing aligator skin tunics and stuff. that would really be something.

Guest imported_Tesseract

BTW, this forum is responsible for adding one more element, for further info on this check the 'pics of hot girls' thread.

So from the 5elements, and being a European i'll tell you i'm completely loyal to 2 of them.

Guest MR BOJANGLES

man, my look on it is:

im a writer who listens to hiphop, sublime, reggae, drum n bass, breakbeats, a lil punk when my friends are playin it, and i love it all.

yo i aint tryin ta come thrue here an be like yo this mafucka right here be on some super scientifical knowledge or no shit but yo some a yall mafuckas need to peep this shit right here ya heard! yo why the fuck yall be talkin about hip hop? do hip hop be talkin about you? when was the last time one a yall faggot ass mafuckas was in the bathroom at a club an heard hip hop dissin you? you aint word up so yo why the fuck dont yall just leave hip hop outa this shit ya heard?! yalls actin like a jealous bitch whos man be gettin his dick sucked by some other bitch. yo i cant speak for no body but a mafucka like the christ puncher but yo straight up if i was some a yall mafuckas yo id be askin santa for some last minute sleepin pills so you can eat the hole bottle an kiss your dumb ass goodbye cause no on the real no body gives a fuck about yall mafuckas please believe it! ************** -edited by fr8oholic

Christ Puncher One

Originally posted by skullfucker

yo i aint tryin ta come thrue here an be like yo this mafucka right here be on some super scientifical knowledge or no shit but yo some a yall mafuckas need to peep this shit right here ya heard! yo why the fuck yall be talkin about hip hop? do hip hop be talkin about you? when was the last time one a yall faggot ass mafuckas was in the bathroom at a club an heard hip hop dissin you? you aint word up so yo why the fuck dont yall just leave hip hop outa this shit ya heard?! yalls actin like a jealous bitch whos man be gettin his dick sucked by some other bitch. yo i cant speak for no body but a mafucka like the christ puncher but yo straight up if i was some a yall mafuckas yo id be askin santa for some last minute sleepin pills so you can eat the hole bottle an kiss your dumb ass goodbye cause no on the real no body gives a fuck about yall mafuckas please believe it!

CPO is up for man of the year with that little tidbit...

yesh yesh yall...

Archived