New Heros.

abrasivesaint

Alaskan King Crab Fisherman are my newfound heros. dudes wait all year for october, to go out fishing for 5 days, and make anywhere from $20,000-100,000, and hope they dont die because its the deadliest job in the world. it said the majority lose one crew member in the trip.

go on, on demand in the discovery channel part and i think tis called americas deadliest or something. its pretty interesting shit.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

the show is sick, they get like 1-3 hours rest depending on where they are and where their traps are set and hard ass labor for the rest. a dude on one of the boats is like 63 or some shit old and scrawny white haired bastard, i'm just waiting for him to die on camera.

one guy actually fell overboard. there was a storm and it was freezing. i thought they left in december though. so anyways the guy falls over but they manage to pull him back up. i think they gave him a days rest and he had to start working again. fucking intense though for the 100,000 dollars. damn.

Originally posted by bostonsnewestink@Jul 26 2005, 08:44 PM

ya, and the water is near freezing, and mroe than like 10 minutes in, if yopu happen to fall over, your pretty much dead. harsh.

try three minutes...

I used to be in the (blank) and when we did patrols in alaska, our big ass ship would get tossed the fuck around during storms.

I could only imagine what it would be like in one of those small as fishing boats