NEW HARLEM RENAISSANCE GRAFFITI SHOW 2001

Nic Thamaire

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest MR PACO SANCHO

C:America Online 6.0downloadgangster_firing_wildly_md_clr[1].gif'> I MIGHT JUST DRIVE BY

Guest EWOKONEDOTCOM

ADER IS OUT.

NOBODY RATTED AS MUCH.......REVS,SKUF,SCOPE,PSOUP, OH THAT GUY THAT LOOKS LIKE SWET,(EURO GUY)

WHATEVER.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes...the flyer is hideous. That is what can happen when you ask a friend to whip you up something for free and overnight. The good news is the show is going to be dope.I got a sneak preview of the work last night and there are all-new pieces from Zephyr, Duro, Stay-high149,FlinTop, etc, that I would love to have hanging over my living-room couch...and yes, Meres shit is tight too. Dont sleep!

well ROTGUT, if you think about it terms of influence, how many kids worldwide are currently practicing Cubism? Or Surrealism? Or any other art movement of the 20th century? Now ask your self how many kids are trying to write graffiti in every Nook and Eddy of the globe? And what other movement has spread on that level or has lasted as long with little or no funding from dealers or galleries or patrons? And without being taught in any major universities art-history curriculum? What movement has existed over thirty years illegally and under constant repression, attack, and general hatred? While it may not be the MOST important, it without a doubt the most resiliant. I mean, how many people post daily on "CUBISM" websites? When was the last time you even checked the Warhol site? Do you think that if they locked all the canvases behind razor wire fences with attack dogs that Andy Warhol would still have painted? I dunno. But just because your school doesn't recognise it , does not mean it is unimportant.

Originally posted by drake mallard:

meres isnt fuckin every magazine with his flics...but hes got a style thats his, and hes the hardest workin writer i've ever met...not to mention one of the most down to earth writer i've ever painted with...

true that========go to see meres!

Guest imported_SecretAgentX9

meres is definitely good people.. nice graff too..

scotch, next time you need a flyer made, drop me a line.. definitely down to support the cause...

Guest WebsterUno
Originally posted by Aroe*ones:

Proffesor Scotch droppin gems on ya' melon!

You took the words right out my boca.

AMEN.

scotch,

i apologize for the sarcasm i demonstrated in my response to the flyer. i'm not questioning the tenacity and dedication of writers, i just feal the influence graffiti has had on the world is not as great as other movements. I just think the revolt against naturalism at the begining of the century revolutionized the history of western art in a way graffiti just hasn't. thats all. everything you said about graffiti being looked down upon by society but surviving is right on, but would you call that importance. sorry for dumbing down the webpage.

Archived