1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

new friends

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Vanity, Mar 2, 2005.

1. Vanity

Vanity 12oz Veteran Member

new friends

Discussion started by Vanity - Mar 2, 2005

wierd.. i hit 'new thread' and there was some quote by graff goon in the body area,.. oh well.. i digress.

i was wondering how you cats tend to make new friends?
    I haven't really made any for about 4 years or so.. and still kick it w/ cats i knew 10 years ago.

I talked about it w/ them.. some of em find it gay to want to meet new people of the same sex.... which i found wierd.

anywho, i was wondering if there's a time in your life where you jsut kinda stop, or what? how do you make em? just through others? work? random public places, or what?

Vanity - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  2. Dr. Dazzle

Dr. Dazzle 12oz Veteran Member

Dr. Dazzle - Replied Mar 2, 2005

They just kind of happen, I guess. It's not like a conscious effort to go out and make new friends. I don't know....I pretty much still am only friends with my boys from way back, so I can't really talk....

Dr. Dazzle - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  3. »§ÜGÅR«

»§ÜGÅR« 12oz Senior Member

»§ÜGÅR« - Replied Mar 2, 2005

»§ÜGÅR« - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  4. Abracadabra

Abracadabra Dirty Dozen Crew

Abracadabra - Replied Mar 2, 2005

i'm not interested in making new friends at all. i have 1 best mate who i see regularly (which is once a week on a good week) and a few acquaintances i see every few weeks/months. once i left high school and moved away from home the herd thinned out considerably.

i just don't have the time to be bothered keeping up with people, it's too much like hard work. as the years go by i enjoy solitude more and more

Abracadabra - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  5. Grimes

Grimes 12oz Veteran Member

Grimes - Replied Mar 2, 2005

im always meeting new friends,not all close friends but friends in general,cant ever have enough friends

Grimes - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  6. The Leader

The Leader 12oz Senior Member

The Leader - Replied Mar 2, 2005

I see 1 guy every other week or so. Other then that I'm doing my own thing. abc is right, solitude is grand.

The Leader - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  7. ubejinxed

ubejinxed 12oz Veteran Member

ubejinxed - Replied Mar 2, 2005

i make new aquaintences every weekend.. i try to get all my guy friend's girl friend's phone numbers.. ahah. i go to bars and get girls phone numbers so i can have new fun girls to hang out with... but seriously. i'm always inviting everyone whenever i go anywhere the more the merrier.. can never know enough people.

ubejinxed - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  8. mackfatsoe

mackfatsoe 12oz Veteran Member

mackfatsoe - Replied Mar 2, 2005

i actually hate making new friends.

i have a lot of friends at home, but around here at school, there isnt much to do sometimes. but whatever, i dont mind just chilling bby myself.

mackfatsoe - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  9. boogie hands

boogie hands 12oz Legend

boogie hands - Replied Mar 2, 2005

thats funny...

a lot of time when i meet friends of friends and we're making small talk the "how do you know so-and-so" questions pops up. i would say 70% of the time i cant answer it....all of a sudden someones phone number just kind of appears in my address book, i call them and then we grill out, drink beer and talk about good times.

boogie hands - Rank: 12oz Legend - Messages:
  10. duh-rye-won

duh-rye-won 12oz Member

duh-rye-won - Replied Mar 2, 2005

it's really hard for me to make friends.

i'm so much cooler than everyone else and i can't really find people that are worthy of my company.

-duckbilled goosypus. it's lonely at the top.

duh-rye-won - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  11. effyoo

effyoo 12oz Elite Member

effyoo - Replied Mar 2, 2005

i don't know, go places, be cool, chill out, have fun, don't take things too seriously.

p.s. don't put everyone on ignore.

effyoo - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  12. slave_one

slave_one 12oz Elite Member

slave_one - Replied Mar 2, 2005

i'm holed up in the office most of the time these days, so i make friends through the internet.

surprisingly, my experience has been good so far.

my old friends have left me and moved on.
    probably because playing phone tag gets old.
    everybody has a different schedule these days.

slave_one - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  13. Vanity

Vanity - Replied Mar 2, 2005

:smile-mad:

word... them stats above includes e-friends

14. Vanity

Vanity - Replied Mar 2, 2005

had to be done
    [​IMG]

15. haunts

haunts 12oz Member

haunts - Replied Mar 2, 2005

after highschool the only friends i really had were my crew and when we all went our seperate ways i didnt have many to speak of except for ones that i met through jobs. then i got new interests other than graff and met people while travelling across the country but theres only a few of them that i keep in contact with and i hesitate to call them friends. buts its funny that you bring this up because i just moved to a new city and have been dealing with this same question. ive met some people through school but really only one friend, i met a couple people through myspace that i go to shows with although lately ive been going by myself, and i met a writer...
    i spend most of my time chillin by myself as a result but i have to figure that i will eventually start to meet other people. the roughest was finding somebody to paint with because i dont spend all my time hanging out at legal walls and theres not a graffiti classifieds anywhere to speak of. but hey it always works out no matter, you just got to give it time.

haunts - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages: