Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

new freight styles?!

Discussion in 'Metal Heads' started by taper, Aug 20, 2004.

1. taper

taper Elite Member

i dont know if im the only one to notice this but it seems to me i keep seeing all kinds of "up" fr8 heads painting shitty ass ugly peices. it seems like alot of people are coming out and painting this "ugly on purpose" style. im not trying to undermine their abilities or anything but there are alot of crap looking stuff out there that looks like a toy painted it not a dude with over 1,000 trains.

before i get flamed im not bitching saying im better but ill catch a lewis peice that is just terrible then ill catch one thats real clean. i dunno maybe this is just the new cool style to paint but i dont like overly simple messy peices myself. what do you guys think. id like to hear what cracked has to say about it.

2. TURBO DOG

TURBO DOG Member

have you ever thought of the conditions he might have been in?? not everyone has chill daytime layups...you always have to keep that in mind...what was the situation in where this guy had to paint this piece???
    but genrally lewis is really fresh and if you dont like funky styles then dont look at them....cause lotsa people have been doing it for a while and it isnt just a bandwagon thing..and lewis is one of them..he has been down for a while and is always a great catch on the lines!

3. ODS-1

ODS-1 Elite Member

I'm sure sometimes normally good writers paint drunk so it doesn't look so good. I like Lewis shit, but I don't see that much.

4. Kirby p

Kirby p Senior Member

have fun you uptight cocksuckers.

5. krowteN

krowteN Guest

lewis looks like he has fun when he paints.
    his shit is always fresh to me.

6. FR8HOUND

FR8HOUND Dirty Dozen Crew

''In the end..does any of it really matter?'':confused:

7. R123N

R123N New Jack

Re: new jacks?!

me too taper im flabbergasted by the way his work isnt as clean and as pretty for my eyes to see as i want it to be . :( for a minute there i was about to loose it but i just remembered that my spinners dont stop

8. taper

taper Elite Member

i knew that was coming and i even said im NOT saying any of the writers ARENT good im saying that it SEEMS to me that alot of people are doing that style more so now than before and i was just seeing if i was the only person taking notice to it or not thats all. im not uptight i was just simply asking. i for one dont really like the 2min peice but i dont matter and i know that. and for the record i do like 99% of lewis peices i wasnt calling him out but hes got that style i was referring to.

9. taper

taper Elite Member

10. porque

porque Senior Member

...who cares?...i gurantee you that all of the people you're thinkin of have ten times the fun painting as the guy that sits there with thin caps cutting every single line...and it's pretty hard to notice drips when a car is moving by at 40mph anyway...i say, 'fuck it'...to each his own...paint whatever the hell you want...

...and what's up with callin' out zask?...i might be wrong but i don't think he's been painting very long...i know i hadn't seen his stuff until recently...everybody has to learn...give em a fuckin break...

...ps...stock tips forever...

11. fr8otech

fr8otech Senior Member

KEEP GRAFFITI UGLY

12. Ident

Ident Member

Stock Tips Forever!
    Now that's a quote!

13. taper

taper Elite Member

incase u didnt read my last post i wasnt calling him out i was saying that that peice he painted was close to the style i was referring to. i like his throwies i catch a few here and there around the city. so just to make it very clear i wasnt calling zask out i was saying that peice he painted was just close to what i was talking about.

2ndly i wasnt getting on his case so i really have no idea what the fuck you are talking about..... and i didnt think my post was offensive to anyone i just asked if anyone else noticed a recent trend in a particluar style of graff being painted on freights. :rolleyes:

14. 83.

83. Member

this is really a waste of time asking this question..again.
    people are gonna paint what they wanna paint. if they wanna paint sloppy on purpose let them.. sometimes sloppiness is from being drunk or a sketchy spot but not every time..so you know..whatever. its all about havin fun anyway. i always have fun if im cutting lines or sloppin out with stock caps. more painting less jibber jabber.

15. ODS-1

ODS-1 Elite Member

THE ZASK PIECE IS VERY EUROPEAN. WHO FUCKING CARES?