new freight styles?!

taper

i dont know if im the only one to notice this but it seems to me i keep seeing all kinds of "up" fr8 heads painting shitty ass ugly peices. it seems like alot of people are coming out and painting this "ugly on purpose" style. im not trying to undermine their abilities or anything but there are alot of crap looking stuff out there that looks like a toy painted it not a dude with over 1,000 trains.

before i get flamed im not bitching saying im better but ill catch a lewis peice that is just terrible then ill catch one thats real clean. i dunno maybe this is just the new cool style to paint but i dont like overly simple messy peices myself. what do you guys think. id like to hear what cracked has to say about it.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

have you ever thought of the conditions he might have been in?? not everyone has chill daytime layups...you always have to keep that in mind...what was the situation in where this guy had to paint this piece???

but genrally lewis is really fresh and if you dont like funky styles then dont look at them....cause lotsa people have been doing it for a while and it isnt just a bandwagon thing..and lewis is one of them..he has been down for a while and is always a great catch on the lines!

Re: new jacks?!

Originally posted by taper

i dont know if im the only one to notice this but it seems to me i keep seeing all kinds of "up" fr8 heads painting shitty ass ugly peices. it seems like alot of people are coming out and painting this "ugly on purpose" style. im not trying to undermine their abilities or anything but there are alot of crap looking stuff out there that looks like a toy painted it not a dude with over 1,000 trains.

before i get flamed im not bitching saying im better but ill catch a lewis peice that is just terrible then ill catch one thats real clean. i dunno maybe this is just the new cool style to paint but i dont like overly simple messy peices myself. what do you guys think. id like to hear what FEDUP has to say about it.

me too taper im flabbergasted by the way his work isnt as clean and as pretty for my eyes to see as i want it to be . :( for a minute there i was about to loose it but i just remembered that my spinners dont stop

i knew that was coming and i even said im NOT saying any of the writers ARENT good im saying that it SEEMS to me that alot of people are doing that style more so now than before and i was just seeing if i was the only person taking notice to it or not thats all. im not uptight i was just simply asking. i for one dont really like the 2min peice but i dont matter and i know that. and for the record i do like 99% of lewis peices i wasnt calling him out but hes got that style i was referring to.

...who cares?...i gurantee you that all of the people you're thinkin of have ten times the fun painting as the guy that sits there with thin caps cutting every single line...and it's pretty hard to notice drips when a car is moving by at 40mph anyway...i say, 'fuck it'...to each his own...paint whatever the hell you want...

...and what's up with callin' out zask?...i might be wrong but i don't think he's been painting very long...i know i hadn't seen his stuff until recently...everybody has to learn...give em a fuckin break...

...ps...stock tips forever...

Originally posted by porque

...who cares?...i gurantee you that all of the people you're thinkin of have ten times the fun painting as the guy that sits there with thin caps cutting every single line...and it's pretty hard to notice drips when a car is moving by at 40mph anyway...i say, 'fuck it'...to each his own...paint whatever the hell you want...

...and what's up with callin' out zask?...i might be wrong but i don't think he's been painting very long...i know i hadn't seen his stuff until recently...everybody has to learn...give em a fuckin break...

...ps...stock tips forever...

incase u didnt read my last post i wasnt calling him out i was saying that that peice he painted was close to the style i was referring to. i like his throwies i catch a few here and there around the city. so just to make it very clear i wasnt calling zask out i was saying that peice he painted was just close to what i was talking about.

2ndly i wasnt getting on his case so i really have no idea what the fuck you are talking about..... and i didnt think my post was offensive to anyone i just asked if anyone else noticed a recent trend in a particluar style of graff being painted on freights. :rolleyes:

this is really a waste of time asking this question..again.

people are gonna paint what they wanna paint. if they wanna paint sloppy on purpose let them.. sometimes sloppiness is from being drunk or a sketchy spot but not every time..so you know..whatever. its all about havin fun anyway. i always have fun if im cutting lines or sloppin out with stock caps. more painting less jibber jabber.

...sorry...i must have misunderstood...originally you were complaining because established writers were painting pieces that looked like they were done by people without experience...but then you brought up zask, whom i believe is painting without much experience...so it seemed to me that you were just using him to criticize his work, which is different than your initial complaint...my mistake...

...people are going to paint whatever they want...and everyone is going to like whatever their preference is toward...it doesn't really matter much in the end...it's just graffiti...

sometime i like to paint a flatty in the daytime with nice montana and nice caps, sometimes i go for the fbox or the door in the sketchy yard with stocktips..it just depends how i feel that day and what kind of paint i got left in my basement..im sure its the same for a lot of people...

I shrug at a lot of things these days. This topic is one of them. People will paint what they want. Conditions (weather, spot chillness, blood alcohol) vary widely. I've done dirt rather than go home with a full bag just because it started raining or snowing or I heard the air go or I was just having an off day or it was my 4th train that day or the switcher went by on the other side so I know I have 10 minutes to bounce.

I know what you're saying, I've seen dirt by good writers (Crae comes to mind, he has quality and he has butt-ugly sometimes), but ultimately, who cares. Do what you do.

well i wasnt really trying to come across as bitchy but now that i reread my inital post it did kinda come across as that. i know its cool to paint what you want and i dont debate its about fun i was just saying if there are good writers that paint sloppy peices intentionally thats fine i was just meerly asking if anyone else thought more people were taking to this style nowadays.

i understand about the spot i've been there done that. really i dont care much i was just seeing if anyone else had noticed the same thing. as for zask, being from the city where hes from and knowing people that paint with him i know that he just started painting and thats fine that his peices arent the greatest, but i see some expirenced people painting peices that look like that.

Originally posted by TURBO DOG

have you ever thought of the conditions he might have been in?? not everyone has chill daytime layups...you always have to keep that in mind...what was the situation in where this guy had to paint this piece???

but genrally lewis is really fresh and if you dont like funky styles then dont look at them....cause lotsa people have been doing it for a while and it isnt just a bandwagon thing..and lewis is one of them..he has been down for a while and is always a great catch on the lines!

Then you have niggas like me that have only one day spot... SO yea not everyone has nice dayspots, or even night spots. A lot of spots now a days get blown by little toys trying to higher their numbers...

whats so new about lewis's style.

reas and ghost were doing shit like that 20 years ago.

tracy168 and blade were doing shit like that 20 years before them.

lewis just knows that graffiti is supposed to be fun. he's not into graffiti that looks like it will hurt you if you touch it.

but its nothing new. his shit is dope though.

Guest mikro137
Originally posted by ZedIsAlive

whats so new about lewis's style.

reas and ghost were doing shit like that 20 years ago.

tracy168 and blade were doing shit like that 20 years before them.

lewis just knows that graffiti is supposed to be fun. he's not into graffiti that looks like it will hurt you if you touch it.

but its nothing new. his shit is dope though.

i agree 100% with this. however , your time table is a tad askew. according to that math , tracy and blade were starting in 1960 ;)

j/k i know what your point was haha.

Archived