New Flix

Guest Propaganda

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest Propaganda

aight I see.

So My Major fallback is letture structure.

I tried to get my own letter style by doing like the first three flix. Guess need way more work.

Guest Propaganda

thanx. My friend that writes MINK is helping me out with letters and proper 3-d. I see what I can whip up nice and post and tell me from there.

Originally posted by MOM IS RIGHT

I WOULNT SAY WAAAYYYY MORE WORK. JUST GO THRU THE LETTERS OF YOUR NAME AND LOOK AT THEM NOT AS LETTERS BUT SHAPES ... SEE WHAT PART OF THE LETTER IS MOST IMPORTANT TO MAINTAIN READABILITY, THEN YOU SEE WHAT PARTS YOU CAN ABSTRACT, BY PUSHING OR PULLING PARTS OF THEM. DONT WORRY SO MUCH ABOUT FINDING YOUR OWN STYLE TILL YOU GET THE STRUCTURE DOWN, AND HONESTLY YOUR STYLE WILL DEVELOP ON ITS OWN. WHEN YOU TRY TO HARD TO ABSTRACT A LETTERFORM IT SHOWS IF YOU HAVE THE UNDERSTANDING OF STRUCTURE OR NOT. PEOPLE ARE HARSH HERE ... SO TRY NOT TO SWEAT THE TRASH TALIKNG.

MOM IS RIGHT!

Guest FlamingHobo

thats where you new school kids fuck everything up..."lets not think about letters...lets just make it look sort of like a letter and do some abstract shit" i dunno..there's nothing wrong with it i suppose...but to me its about flipping letters..you've got to have good letters or you're a chump.its not about how many arrows and whisps and all this other crazy shit you can have..i know so many writers that when talking about writers with the crazy wild shit..will say "the shit is kind of cool..but when you look at the letters..the dude is weak"my only advice to pokemon oner up there is get a good letter structure..work on your basic shit..go bombing for christs sake...save pieces for when you can actually paint.

mothers milk....

Originally posted by MOM IS RIGHT

I WOULNT SAY WAAAYYYY MORE WORK. JUST GO THRU THE LETTERS OF YOUR NAME AND LOOK AT THEM NOT AS LETTERS BUT SHAPES ... SEE WHAT PART OF THE LETTER IS MOST IMPORTANT TO MAINTAIN READABILITY, THEN YOU SEE WHAT PARTS YOU CAN ABSTRACT, BY PUSHING OR PULLING PARTS OF THEM. DONT WORRY SO MUCH ABOUT FINDING YOUR OWN STYLE TILL YOU GET THE STRUCTURE DOWN, AND HONESTLY YOUR STYLE WILL DEVELOP ON ITS OWN. WHEN YOU TRY TO HARD TO ABSTRACT A LETTERFORM IT SHOWS IF YOU HAVE THE UNDERSTANDING OF STRUCTURE OR NOT. PEOPLE ARE HARSH HERE ... SO TRY NOT TO SWEAT THE TRASH TALIKNG.

Mom is right!

Letters are abstract, pictograms representing sounds. The english letters we use in our alphebet have their basic structures.

These structures have a prescribed (no pun intended) weight and balance that make them recognizable.

Take an 'S'................

http://www.fatcap.co.uk/host/files/ssss1.jpg'>

Just play around with it. you can come up with all kinds of shit ..... I'm feelin' irie so I saw a snake in the 'S' I came up with.

It's not the tightest but it should give you a little example of one way to manipulate letters.

peace

Guest Propaganda

that White S is pretty phat. So all I have to do is learn to envolve regular letters to bend more. So those last two simples were too simple letters or thye are alrite to start with?

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Mr. Peanut

what a massive waste of prisma ink.

shame on you...practice with pencil cheif. color in GOOD letters. not blobs.

yeah dude dont use them prismas up on that, an stop doing characters those suck. Try using the technique Got laid out but dont go further than step 3 cuz you aint ready to get past that yet-

PROBLEM SOLVED!!!

I CAN SEE NOW THAT YOU'RE PROBLEM IS THAT YOU

PROBABLY DON'T PRACTICE ENOUGH... WHEN I WAS

FIRST INTERESTED IN GRAFF I LAYED LOW AND PRACTICED

CONSTANTLY. YOU SHOULD PRACTICE IN SCHOOL WHEN ALL

THE JOCKS ARE CHEATING OFF THE PREPY HOES ANSWERS THAT

WERE GIVEN TO THEM BY THE ITELIGANT-UNPOPULAR- BOYS.

AND I'M SURE AT TIMES AT HOME ALONE YOU WANT SO BAD TO STRANGLE WILLY TILL HE PUKES, BUT YOU SHOULD BE WORKING ON

HANDSTYLES, LETTER CONNECTION OR BLENDING... IT'S GOOD TO

BATTLE YOUR FRIENDS TOO. NOT SERIOUS SHIT, BUT ALL OUT OF

FUN & LEARNING. HANDS HAVE BEEN THROWN DURING THIS, SO JUST

KEEP IT CLEAN... TRY NOT GO PUBLIC BEFORE YOU'RE AT THE POINT

WHERE YOU'RE SURE OF YOURSELF. YOU PROPBABLY GET THAT SAME

BOMBRS ITCH(MOST)WRITERS GET, BUT PATIENCE IS A KEY ELEMENT.

GERKEM <------------------ 3 TIMES FOR LUCK

Guest Propaganda

Re: PROBLEM SOLVED!!!

Originally posted by HAYDA DIZOG

I CAN SEE NOW THAT YOU'RE PROBLEM IS THAT YOU

PROBABLY DON'T PRACTICE ENOUGH... WHEN I WAS

FIRST INTERESTED IN GRAFF I LAYED LOW AND PRACTICED

CONSTANTLY. YOU SHOULD PRACTICE IN SCHOOL WHEN ALL

THE JOCKS ARE CHEATING OFF THE PREPY HOES ANSWERS THAT

WERE GIVEN TO THEM BY THE ITELIGANT-UNPOPULAR- BOYS.

AND I'M SURE AT TIMES AT HOME ALONE YOU WANT SO BAD TO STRANGLE WILLY TILL HE PUKES, BUT YOU SHOULD BE WORKING ON

HANDSTYLES, LETTER CONNECTION OR BLENDING... IT'S GOOD TO

BATTLE YOUR FRIENDS TOO. NOT SERIOUS SHIT, BUT ALL OUT OF

FUN & LEARNING. HANDS HAVE BEEN THROWN DURING THIS, SO JUST

KEEP IT CLEAN... TRY NOT GO PUBLIC BEFORE YOU'RE AT THE POINT

WHERE YOU'RE SURE OF YOURSELF. YOU PROPBABLY GET THAT SAME

BOMBRS ITCH(MOST)WRITERS GET, BUT PATIENCE IS A KEY ELEMENT.

GERKEM <------------------ 3 TIMES FOR LUCK

what?? I pratice waaaaay more than you think trust. LOl It is just learing that I need to gain and working on. Thanx for comments and advice.

Archived