Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

New Books

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by bobobi11, Jan 3, 2002.

1. bobobi11

bobobi11 12oz Elite Member

I was just given a bunch of old books. I am so psyched, I can't wait to read them all. Check it out.

Friedrich Nietzsche An Illustrated Biography - Ivo Frenzel

The Origin of the Family, Private Property, and the State - Frederick Engels

Social Justice - A collection of essays

Nietzsche The Man and His Philosophy - R.J. Hollingdale

Human Aggression - Anthony Starr

The Greek Philosophers From Thales to Aristotle - WKC Guthrie

The Problem of Knowledge - AJ Ayer

I will let you know how they are. I should be able to skim most of them tonight and have a good idea whether they are worth my time.

2. Devilush

Devilush 12oz Legend

ahhhhh good ole Nietzsche.....mental invalid and i have already had that conversation!!

3. rental

rental Dirty Dozen Crew

sounds like some dense books

4. BeaztieGirl

BeaztieGirl New Jack

hey let me know on that human aggression...

5. BwareUfDogg!

BwareUfDogg! New Jack

Anything about Aggression workd for me

6. Vanity

Vanity 12oz Veteran Member

i just started reading some book called sick puppy... it's kinda wack. it's made for people that label themselves strictly as 'liberal,' and want to feel smart and laugh at other political thoughts... bu ti have nothin better to read. i hate science fiction

7. jah

jah 12oz Elite Member

read "catch 22" and a
    "confederacy of dunces". i dont read as much as i should but i have read these two books and i dont think ill ever read a better book. if u wanna increase ur wittiness read catch 22. if u wanna have a fancy vocabulary like seek, read a confederacy of dunces. theyre funny as fuck too.

peace

8. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

i recently picked up a couple books on hinduism cause i recently decided it may very well be the best religion ever.

ok, maybe not, but its pretty damn fresh.

goodnight.

9. Obsessed

Obsessed Guest

i dunno if its new but my friend just bought a simpsons philosophy book i was reading some of it and its damn good, hopefully he will finish with it soon so i can get my hands on it

10. mental invalid

mental invalid Dirty Dozen Crew

.....hahahahah....that shit was funny dev when you dropped that quote on my head as i was reading beyond good and evil, which i still have not gotten beyond! he is always good for a solid head fuck though...nietzsche ahhhh....sounds like a good list there...heard stephen hawking has got a new book out....im sure its great...r

11. bumdigger

bumdigger Guest

universe in a nutshell - steven hawking

12. Is that Carl Hiaasen's Sick Puppy? Ok, but not his best. Native Tounge and Striptease are much better, although the latter was horribly defaced with Demi Moore's wack movie. Beer,

El Mamerro

13. Abracadabra

Abracadabra Dirty Dozen Crew

i'll wait for the movie to come out

14. bobobi11

bobobi11 12oz Elite Member

I'm with ya Mammero, if that is Carl Hiaasen that is a fresh book.

It all comes down to the Rhino Horn.

15. krs702

krs702 12oz Senior Member

the tin drum-gunter grass
    this man knows how to write in detail.