Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

New book releases in 2006

Discussion in 'Third Rail' started by STYLEISKING, Apr 19, 2006.

1. STYLEISKING

STYLEISKING Dirty Dozen Crew

ww.amazon.com/gp/product/0810992493/002-7443117-0326459?v=glance&n=283155
    [​IMG]
    Book Description
    Like Graffiti World, Freight Train Graffiti is the definitive history of a vibrant art form. Until now there was almost no written insight into this vast subculture, which inspires fascination across America and around the world. As dazzling as the art it celebrates, the book is packed with 1,000 full-color illustrations and features in-depth interviews with more than 125 train artists and "writers." Hundreds of never-before-seen photographs span the style's evolution, while the authoritative text from an all-star team of authors provides unprecedented perspective, including the first-ever written history of "monikers," the precursors of graffiti, developed by hobos and rail workers to communicate en route. Bound to surprise graffiti artists, graphic designers, and urban culture buffs alike, this book will inspire anyone who has ever been interested in graffiti.

About the Author
    Roger Gastman has been involved with graffiti for fifteen years, and in 1993 he painted his first freight train. He has written extensively on the subject, and is the co-publisher of the pop culture magazine SWINDLE. He lives in Los Angeles. Darin Rowland's childhood home was blocks from CSX's ACCA yard in Richmond, Virginia, where he fell in love with trains. Eventually, Rowland's addiction moved from trains to graffiti. He now lives in Philadelphia. Ian Sattler has never been a full-fledged graffiti writer due to his horrible penmanship. Instead, Ian focused on other kinds of writing. His work has appeared in a number of books and national magazines. Sattler lives in Washington, D.C

2. rattleytins

rattleytins Member

i used to have this

[​IMG]

im sooo upset just now realising i lost it, nvm

i managed to get a playboy annual the other day, i was impressed as they are rather large.

3. spookymon

spookymon New Jack

theres a new book coming out by the DF crew in july. it is one of the best books coming out. it has sections from all the crew members. sub, emit, scribe, quisp. east, when, aero, rapes, and few others . i got to see a copy from one of the guys from DF . its worth getting. I think its going to be for sale in july at scribes gallery show.

4. "inkie"

"inkie" Senior Member

if noone will re host hifi art they should take the flicks and make a book on sf history, and rehost hifi art to promote the book