NEW BATMAN FILM

hope&havoc

Maybe this is old news, but I just found out there's a new Batman film slated for release next year. It's called Batman Begins and is all about his origin. It looks dark and has a fairly impressive cast.

Anybody else have any thoughts?

Comic nerd site:

http://www.batman-on-film.com/castandcrew.html

Official site:

http://batmanbegins.warnerbros.com/

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I actually worked a little bit on the marketing for this film, and it should be pretty badass. I've only seen a few clips - but the whole deal is that they're trying to keep it in line with the comic books. For the initial movie posters they hired the original batman artist to do renderings, and all of the movie posters were hand-drawn - kinda like Catwoman.

Overall it's suppsoed to be really noir and gritty, but with the comic book feel.

I'm going to watch it.

That's what it seemed like to me, that it was taking a more noir approach. I'm hoping it turns out well. I just read some stuff about a new Superman movie the other day and it sounds terrible.

And oh yea... re: the bathroom thing, not quite sure. But I imagine his utility belt is involved somehow.

I wouldn't doubt a new superman movie at all.

With the huge sucess of all of the comic book movies (Xmen, Spiderman, The Hulk, The Punisher) everyone is jumping on the bandwagon. All of the abovie moves are owned by Marevel comics, Warner Brothers which owns DC comics is now trying to get a piece of the pie...so we got catwoman, batman, and possibly spiderman.

I am going to check it out.

i think they have found one of the best people in all of Hollywood to cast as batman. he fits as both Bruce Wayne and Batman. the others either only hit one, or not at all.

Michael Keaton : good bruce wayne, bad batman

Val Kilmer : good batman, bad bruce wayne

George Clooney : shouldnt have happened.

The series lost much of its feel, and big quality when Burton gave up the helm and Joel Schumacher took over. He made it too colorful and happy, Batman is a dark character you cant fluff him up.

Spider-Man was the best of all the Marvel films. The rest seem too contrived... especially with all the bad Clear Channel music (Nickleback, crap, crap, etc.). Though I know Spider-Man had bad music too... at least the story and acting was solid. Randy Macho Man Savage as Bone Saw...holy shit.

Hellboy (Darkhorse) looks dope... haven't had a chance to see it yet though. I've heard mostly good things

Guest imported_El Mamerro

New Batman: It's hard to fuck up with the amazing cast and director they got. But it's possible.

Catwoman: Looks worse than my dad's scrotum after I set it on fire.

Originally posted by El Mamerro

New Batman: It's hard to fuck up with the amazing cast and director they got. But it's possible.

Catwoman: Looks worse than my dad's scrotum after I set it on fire.

HAHAHAHA!!

i concur, not that i saw the aftermath of mams drunken torture of his dad...but theres only one catwoman, michelle pfeiffer...

meeee-fucking-oooooow

Guest imported_El Mamerro

What I fail to understand is how the fuck could they possibly include Sharon Stone in the cast and NOT have her be Catwoman...

Guest WebsterUno

*believe*

Originally posted by gfreshsushi

i'll check it out. the guy from 28 days later is the scarecrow, i'm bout it.

did you say scarecrow!?!?!

homina homina homina

finally!!!

halle berry as catwoman does seem odd.

anything is possible in tinsel town these days.

they made forrest whitaker* play the

kingpin in daredevil.

:o

*inside joke

Ive seen the previews for catwoman, good god that shit looks awful. Has she ever been in a decent film? I mean fuck gothica,swordfish,monsters ball...all of them sucked aside from the parts where she showed skin, and even then i wasnt all that impressed.

Re: *believe*

Originally posted by WebsterUno

they made forrest whitaker* play the

kingpin in daredevil.

i don;t get the joke, but i'm still upset that i paid to rent ghost dog, in which that fat, lazy-eyed motherfucker is supposed to be a ninja. um, no. didn't work at all.

Guest WebsterUno

*believe*

a buyer here at my job

had someone put, "starring forrest whitaker"

in a burst for the movie 'green mile'.

it almost went out like that. someone

caught it last minute.

:lol:

Archived