Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

New and Improved Cooking with 12oz Thread!

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by misteraven, Jan 5, 2004.

1. misteraven

misteraven Administrator

Been a minute since everyone's shared their favorite recipe's. Hopefully, Are2 can come out of hiding and share some more recipe's with us.

Anyhow, since I bought myself a wok the other day, I'll kick shit off...

SCALLOP STIR FRY WITH ARTICHOKE & PEPPERS

1 (14 Oz) Can Artichoke Hearts
    2 Cups Sliced Fresh Mushrooms
    1/2 Cup Each Julienne-cut
    1 Green Bell Pepper and
    1 Red Bell Pepper
    2 Cloves Garlic, Minced
    1 Tbsp Olive or Vegetable Oil
    1 Lb Fresh Sea Scallops
    1 Tbs Cornstarch
    1 Tsp Sugar
    1/8 Tsp Black Pepper
    1 Can Chicken Broth (14.5 Oz)
    2 Tbs Lime Juice
    2 Cups Hot Cooked Brown Rice
    -Or- Garlic Toasted French Bread
    -Or- Pastry Shells

Add oil to skillet; place over high heat until hot. Drain and quarter artichoke hearts and add to skillet with mushrooms, peppers and garlic; stir fry for 5 minutes. Remove vegetables from skillet and set aside. Add oil to skillet; place over high heat until hot. Add half of the scallops; stir fry 2 minutes. Remove scallops from skillet; repeat with remaining scallops. Add cornstarch and next 5 ingredients to skillet; stir well. Cook 1 minute or until thickened and bubbly. Return vegetables and scallops to skillet; stir gently to heat. Serve over garlic toasted french bread (pastry shells or rice would work equally as well).

2. hell yeah, i used my chinese rice cooker for the first time today...that shit is the bomb.

Rice with chicken and chinese sauce was the menu

3. Dick Quickwood

Dick Quickwood 12oz Loyalist

i'm going to cook some shrimp later

4. TuffKid

TuffKid Senior Member

7 layer dip is where its at.

5. AREANKAY

AREANKAY Senior Member

i cook weird i have so many cookbooks but hardly use them when i cook and i cook everynight its like my hobby when i get home from work, i dont know what it is i just make my own variation of stuff and go with that and it usally turns out super good and the rest of my family is like WTf i want some, but i will post a recipe of somthing i made last week that was super good

DUCK WITH MANGOES
    serves 4 *they lie its serves 2*

2 ripe mangoes
    1 1/4 cips chicken bouillon
    2 garlic cloves, crushed
    1 tsp grated fresh ginger
    3tbsp vegitable oil *i used sunflower oil*
    2 large skinless duck breasts
    1 tsp wine vinegar
    1 tsp light soy sauce
    1 leek sliced
    and parley to make it look like emeril would make it look

first i had the duck cooked in the oven like the package sadi i should. this was diffrent then what the book told me to do but whatever it got cooked

peel the mangoes cut them into sliceds removing the pits. put half the mangoes and the chicken stock in a food processor until smooth. have oil in pan getting hot take the duck breasts rub the garlic and ginger on to them. place the duck in hte pan/wok with the hot oild and cook the duck a little bit more. as your doing this place your mangoes and chicken mixture in sauce pan, and add the wine vingar and soy sauce to that mixture. bring the mixture to a boil stiring till reduced by half. remove the duck from the pan after a minute or 2 of cooking in the pan. now throw in the rest of the mangoes in slices and the leek into the same pan the duck was in and cook that for a minute or so. then pour that onto your dish. now slice the duck into slices and place over the mangoes and leek. then you take that sauce and pour it over the whole mess and you have one fine ass dinner :king:

6. 455

455 Guest

I cooking some....

Pork chop peach towers
    baked potato with sour cream and chives
    green beans

it will ready in about 20 minutes.

7. Jackson

Jackson Veteran Member

Scrambled Eggs A la Jackson.

Ingredients:
    3 Eggs
    Milk
    Butter
    Marmite
    A Baguette

1) Scramble the eggs
    2) Butter and marmite a length of baguette
    3) Put eggs in bread.

Voila!
    :yum:

8. Abracadabra

Abracadabra Dirty Dozen Crew

i live on noodles, grilled cheese and tins of tuna. don't get too gourmet on me

9. BROWNer

BROWNer Guest

BROWN PIZZA:

olivieri thick mozza crust
    julienne cut sun dried tomato bits
    garlic, lots of diced garlic
    sauteed(in real butter) mushrooms
    herb goat cheese chunks strategically placed about the realm.

10. bathoræ

bathoræ Member

the best soup ever:

Lime Soup Yucatan

2 quarts vegetable stock
    1 head of coarsely chopped garlic
    3-6 whole cloves
    1 tsp dried sage leaves
    2 cups of peeled and diced butternut squash (1.5 inch pieces)
    1/2 cup fresh squeezed lime juice (depending on ripeness, this is usually about 3)
    2 tsp olive oil
    cooking spray
    1 large onion, diced
    2 to 4 serrano or other hot green chiles, diced (I usually use jalapenos... if you don't like things very hot, be sure to remove the ribs and the seeds)
    1/2 cup canned diced tomatoes in tomato puree
    1/2 cup cilantro leaves
    salt and pepper to taste
    4 corn tortillas cut in half and then in .5 inch strips

Put the stock, half of the garlic, cloves, sage, squash, and lime juice into a large soup pot and bring to a boil. Once it begins to boil, turn down the heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until the squash is cooked.

While this is cooking, spray a small skillet with the cooking spray and heat the oil in it. Add the onion and cook until they're soft/somewhat translucent (about 5 minutes). Add the chiles and the rest of the garlic and cook for another couple of minutes. Pour in a ladel full of the broth in order to un-stick the mixture and then dump back into the soup pot along with the tomatoes.

Let this continue to simmer and put the tortilla strips on a baking sheet. Bake these in the oven at about 350 until crispy

Add the cilantro to the soup and salt and pepper to taste.

When serving, put the tortilla strips in the bowl and pour the soup over them. If you want to get fancy, you can put a slice of lime floating on top with a sprig of cilantro...

11. mr.yuck

mr.yuck Veteran Member

Meals for men.

3 Potatos (big)
    6-7 eggs
    onion
    ham
    Whole milk

Multitasking required

Start by cutting potatos into round slices. Pour some oil into a pan and start to fry the potatos until maximum crunchiness is achieved. Dont let them get burned.

Cut onions into rings and throw them into a seperate pan with a little oil. Sautee them until they are done. (Fo sho.)

crack eggs and empty into a bowl. Add milk depending on how many eggs you use. Cut ham into small square pieces and add to eggs. Put egg mix into frying pan. and make them scrambled.

Once the potatos and onions are done pile them up on a plate. When the eggs are done, turn the pan upside down and let the eggs drape over the potatos and onions.

If you prepare everything before you go out drinking, its really easy to cook while drunk and you will thank me in the morning.

12. krie

krie Guest

Pizza -
    1. Open freezer door
    2. Remove frozen pizza from box
    3. Place in oven at 200 degrees celcius for 15mins
    4. Remove from oven and enjoy
      [/list=1]

13. effyoo

effyoo Elite Member

I just applied at Le Cordon Bleu.
    Hopefully, come September I'll be on my way to eventually owning my own 4 star restaurant in a small mountain town in the Alps.

14. Telo

Telo Elite Member

cooking up a great meal makes me feel good about myself. especially if it's a foreign dish.

15. 23578

23578 Elite Member

effyoo-hire me dude.

pizza dough

1T dry yeast
    1T sugar
    1c. warm water

add to bowl. let sit one min. mix well with whisk.

wait until doubles in vol. at least 10 min.

add 1/4c. olive oil, one pound flour, and about two teaspoons of iodized salt, 1T kosher, sea salt etc.

add the flour gradually, along with the oil, with the salt distributed throughout, or add salt halfway through. knead for like fifteen minutes or until it feels right. i like using that organic flour with the germ added back mixed with 20 percent whole wheat flour, but you know me. use whatever, it's basically fool proof. just kneed it long enough, and form it into two equal balls. both should make a good fourteen inch to sixteen inch za.