Net Flix

Guest diggity

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

My friend uses netflix, and has nothing but great things to say about it. You can have the movies as long as you like, have jsut about every movie you would want, and they send you an envelope to send the dvd back and the postage is alreayd paid. I'm thinking about signing up for it as well.

I used netflix for a few months, it's really nice. They have really obscure movies that you couldn't find at regular rental places let alone have even heard about. And for me it only took 1 day to get the old movies back to them and 2 days to get the new movies. I never had any problems, and if you have the means, it's a good deal considering you could clone every DVD they send you. It's like 3 movies out at a time for $19.99 a month or 5 movies out at a time for $24.99 a month. Postage is paid too so all you have to do is throw them in the mail.

I canceled my account just because I'm trying to save money, but I regret not jacking some of the DVDs and just saying I never received them. I'm curious as to what their policy is on that.

Guest WebsterUno

*believe*

Originally posted by Æ°

They have really obscure movies that you couldn't find at regular rental places let alone have even heard about.

about 5 years ago

my cuzz worked there.

he said that the whole

set up is a cool deal.

if youre a movie freak,

or rent movies frequently,

its cool...saves time/money.

my cuzz would watch

the flicks while shipping

them out, or on his lunch.

he said they had alot of DVDs.

Guest imported_El Mamerro

I'm very seriously considering signing up. I don't know if they'll send to PR though.

i've had nextflix for more than half the year now and i love it.

we rent movies that we'd never think about in the video store. and its always nice to come home to a new movie.

its only 20 bucks a month and its sooooo worth it if you're a movie buff.

Guest diggity

one thing that would be really ill, and maybe they have it, but something thats like what is on amazon where you get a book and it shows you other books that you might like. i think i'm gonna have to sign up as soon as i get moved into my new crib.

i think they do! based upon what you rent, once you rent on movie for instance. you rent it and on the bottom they will have three movies that you'll like as well.

also if you keep rating other movies (you can do that), based on what you rate, they'll keep recommending movies to you.

Originally posted by Crimsøn

How are they about new releases?

Can you get something the day/day after it comes out?

i've had trouble with renting new movies. you can always save a movie before it comes out on video. but what you have to remember is that other people are thinking the same thing as you are.

sometiems its a long wait,

sometimes its a short wait.

netflix is amazing. like they say, no late fees. heres a lil trick about netflix, you can actually order movies and receive them before their real release date. just do a search on the movie you are looking for and put it in your que (however it is spelt). for example, "kill bill" comes out this tuesday but you can order it today and have it by tuesday.

• 1 month later...

FYI

if three movies at once seems like too many for you, they used to offer a 'two movies at a time' price. but it wasn't advertised and they might not offer it until you say you are going to cancel. it was 6 or 7 dollars cheaper and since you get them so fast, it was well worth it. this was about a year ago... so not sure about it anymore.

and i think i remember losing a movie once or not recieveing it and they didn;t charge me or anything.

Originally posted by Devilush

ameros perros

thanx people for the tips:

dlush: thanx! i haven't seen ameros perros yet...

nekro: for some reason, i'm not into ripping DVD's just yet.

nomadawhat: i actually like the 3 movies at a time deal.

Archived