Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Net Flix

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by diggity, Apr 7, 2004.

1. diggity

diggity Guest

are any of you using this? seems like a pretty cool thing. just wondering if there are any downsides to it.

2. 2 blaazed

2 blaazed New Jack

It looks interesting....i also seen this vending machine that was for moviw rentals...

3. EyeforAnEYE

EyeforAnEYE Elite Member

My friend uses netflix, and has nothing but great things to say about it. You can have the movies as long as you like, have jsut about every movie you would want, and they send you an envelope to send the dvd back and the postage is alreayd paid. I'm thinking about signing up for it as well.

4. Æ°

Æ° Senior Member

I used netflix for a few months, it's really nice. They have really obscure movies that you couldn't find at regular rental places let alone have even heard about. And for me it only took 1 day to get the old movies back to them and 2 days to get the new movies. I never had any problems, and if you have the means, it's a good deal considering you could clone every DVD they send you. It's like 3 movies out at a time for $19.99 a month or 5 movies out at a time for $24.99 a month. Postage is paid too so all you have to do is throw them in the mail.

I canceled my account just because I'm trying to save money, but I regret not jacking some of the DVDs and just saying I never received them. I'm curious as to what their policy is on that.

5. Mr Rad Pants

Mr Rad Pants Member

^what he said pretty much sums it up. it's a real good deal if you usually rent quite a bit of movies. and i think you're allowed to "lose" one or two dvd's before they cancel your account, but i'm not sure.

6. WebsterUno

WebsterUno Guest

*believe*

about 5 years ago
    my cuzz worked there.
    he said that the whole
    set up is a cool deal.
    if youre a movie freak,
    or rent movies frequently,
    its cool...saves time/money.
    my cuzz would watch
    the flicks while shipping
    them out, or on his lunch.
    he said they had alot of DVDs.

7. gfreshsushi

gfreshsushi Senior Member

my ex girl had netflix and i abused her account frequently. her list of what she wanted to rent was 80% my shit. we would watch movies all the time, so it made sense. it's a great deal if you're kind of a movie nerd.

8. I'm very seriously considering signing up. I don't know if they'll send to PR though.

9. adderall

adderall Elite Member

im about to sign up as well

ae was on point with the cloning statement indeed

10. Devilush

Devilush 12oz Legend

i've had nextflix for more than half the year now and i love it.

we rent movies that we'd never think about in the video store. and its always nice to come home to a new movie.

its only 20 bucks a month and its sooooo worth it if you're a movie buff.

11. diggity

diggity Guest

one thing that would be really ill, and maybe they have it, but something thats like what is on amazon where you get a book and it shows you other books that you might like. i think i'm gonna have to sign up as soon as i get moved into my new crib.

12. Devilush

Devilush 12oz Legend

i think they do! based upon what you rent, once you rent on movie for instance. you rent it and on the bottom they will have three movies that you'll like as well.

also if you keep rating other movies (you can do that), based on what you rate, they'll keep recommending movies to you.

13. Æ°

Æ° Senior Member

They also have a huge selection of foreign films, documentaries, and television programs.

Edit: They do have that recommendation system, you guys are right.

14. Crimsøn

Crimsøn Senior Member

How are they about new releases?

Can you get something the day/day after it comes out?

15. diggity

diggity Guest

very good question.