Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

nervous purchasesz

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by BROWNer, Nov 25, 2003.

1. BROWNer

BROWNer Guest

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-10/464302/freaked.jpg'>

not to brag, but i just bought a ridiculous 15" titanium-superdrive-
    80gb-512mb-in-one-slot-customized powerbook
    with robotize modulators and multiple lowpass xpf polytone generators on it.

..and now i expect i will barely eat for the next year.
    since i've bought it i've had this mixed feeling of
    weird nervous excitement and raw soberness..like
    maybe i shouldn't have bought it.
    of course this will probably evaporate when it shows up on
    my doorstep in 2 weeks.

and about the 17"...i realized yesterday looking at it that it is way too
    'wow' factor....like i would feel like a total dinksack pulling
    it out in public and working on something.

2. swiss cheese

swiss cheese Senior Member

haha

yeah, I hear ya. I feel nervous/wierd after making any purchase over a few hundred dollars.

3. yoink

yoink Elite Member

yes..Its quite odd at times.
    anyways I felt the same way when I purchased my power-book, Im pretty broke now, But have used day in and day out, and im in love with it.
    My friend also recently got the upgraded 15 inch...its very very sweet.

trust me its grrrrrrrrreaaaaaaaat.

4. Word, I'm thiiiiiiiiis close to getting the exact same one. As soon as the next two paychecks come in, I should be set. I've been battling between purchasing this or a dual G5, but I really REALLY need the portability.

The one thing though, is that I don't really need the SuperDrive, but I'd like the extra 20 GB and 250 MHz in the top-of-the-line 15". But are 20 GB and 250 MHz extra worth $600? I can purchase a DVD-R burner further down the line when I get to doing those, as well as an extra hard drive with like 160 GB for cheaper, I believe... so that leaves me worrying about a measly processor speed increase that I don't think will be that much of a difference.

You know... I think I decided. I'm gonna get the $1999 version, which means I only need one paycheck. Word the fuck up.

And yeah, the 17" is just overkill. I'm buying the adapter to hook up the Powerbook to my current monitor and bust the double-steeze, so space won't be an issue.

*Ah, forgot about RAM though... 256K only...

5. sneak

sneak Guest

i understood bugger all of this. computer illiterate i am...
    but yeah, browner i know the feeling you mean. kinda like "oh, perhaps i shouldnt have....but i want it!"

6. !@#$%

[email protected]#$% Moderator Crew

i got yer 15" superdrive modulator right here.

7. TEARZ

TEARZ Guest

^huh?

at least it wasn't a $25,000+ new vehicle.
    when i start adding up college and car loans i start thinking about how ridiculously foolish i am.

tears/more foolish than ashanti.

8. yoink

yoink Elite Member

there is truth to this...yes..

but damnit sometimes having that huge screen kills it.

not but really especially when running programs like Maya and what not, its really handy to have a lot of screen real estate, and I dont have an external monitor, or a place to hook that set up quite yet....
    --sigh--

9. !@#$%

[email protected]#$% Moderator Crew

ashanti?

dude, i have no clue what the fuck a 15" superdrive hypermodulator flux capacitor is..

it's some shit i made up..

i'm in rare form today, what can i say??

10. me IS cool

me IS cool Guest

Ahhh I remeber my first powerbook. Seems like it was only yesterday.... and yes I remember that feeling very well.

P.S. Don't drop it for Jesus Potato's sake :jpotato:. I droped my first one and it sucked.

and be wary because I heard some screens like to crack on their own and apple will refuse to fix it. :dazed:

11. AGENT SICKS

AGENT SICKS New Jack

i dont know about spending all that cash on something that wont even meet the status quo in like 2 years. but htat 17 inch screen is hooooot. I guess it depends on if your work really requires the extra performance and shit.

12. I'm ready to buy a mini dv and a zoom lens for my still digi...nervous is key..cause you know i'll be needing a new comp with all that fine machinery firwired on it;)

13. j

j Guest

Almost got one of those myself:

I told them to cancel it.. Yeah, I chickened out. :eek:

14. Kr430n5_666

Kr430n5_666 Banned

15. SleepAnDream

SleepAnDream Elite Member

i just dropped five benjies on some furniture thatll prolly look like shit in a couple months. fuck it, whatever.