Nerd Decicated

Guest imported_Tesseract

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest imported_Tesseract

Glad to see the thread got love,

my first computer:

Atari_520ST_System_1.jpg

<span style='color:none'>It was designed to be a "Macintosh Killer", and was jokingly called the "Jackintosh". It offered lots of features never found on home computers before: 16 bit microprocessor, lots of interfaces, standard MIDI interface, high graphic resolution, lot of colors, enhanced GUI (Graphic User Interface). It was much more powerful and expandable than the Macintosh (MIDI, graphics, colors, and the like) and competitors weren't very numerous (Commodore 128, PC AT, & compatibles, and the old CP/M machines). That explains why more than 6 million of Atari ST's were sold around the world. </span>

Great stuff

My second was a macintosh, the LC series...and check this out..my monitor (b&w) was A4 shaped...photoshop 3 biatch...i still have both

I'm interested in that c-one computer. The C64 revival. I'm really into those "chip tunes".... it's music that was created on C64's... There were also these things called "SID chips"... which were little roms (I guess) that had music on them, and you plug them into a socket on a PCB to play them.... *kinda* like a tape deck in a way... ahem. But the "mod" music is made up of really simple sounds and alot of tracks only have 4 channels and very limited samples. Very amazing stuff.... check out this site for more info...

www.modplug.com

A couple of recommended artists would be Maktone and Purple Motion.... look them up on yahoo or whatever search you use.

I read something odd the other day.

this article said that considering the average age of video game comsumers,

the majority of them are too young to remember play on the origianal nintendo.

http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~ssdm/computer_collection/images/nes.jpg'>

I'd hardly call this ancient technology.

Hell... by the time I started playing it, I already knew there were better things to do ( aka girls! )

Archived