Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Neosegregationalism

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Milton, Dec 4, 2003.

1. Milton

Milton Senior Member

I was sitting at school today, in the library, surfing 12 oz between campus, and I decide "hey I'm gonna go get a sandwich. So I leave the library and walk to the cafeteria. I walk out of the library, there were more Asian people out there than there are in asia itself, no white people, Asian only. So I continue my trek towards the cafeteria, I pass the grassy area and a million hippies are out there smoking cigarettes in the rain, so I keep walking, I see a group of nothing but mexicans, as I get to the cafeteria all 57 black students on campus are standing outside. What does this mean you ask? It means that racial and cultural groups are segregating themselves from eachother. Why? I don't know. Maybe the groups are just too different to come together fully, or maybe there was never true cultural integration. Has anybody else noticed this? What's going on?

2. You All Rott

You All Rott Member

not necessarily.. it depends where you're at and what kind of cultural integration is promoted. everything is relative. i do know that many races tend to feel more comfortable with their own race because they "identify" with them. the reason for the segregation at your school could be due to communication problems, none of the groups you mentioned speak the same native language. its hard to find common ground with someone when you can't even talk to each other.

3. Dick Quickwood

Dick Quickwood 12oz Loyalist

i could give a fuck less if all the mexicans or aisans or black people hang out togather, it dosen't bother me

4. Vanity

Vanity Veteran Member

neoantidisestablishmentarianism

5. BOZACK

BOZACK Member

longest word ^
    i am smart

6. Vanity

Vanity Veteran Member

the longest word is actually some science crap... they have all those bi's and tri's and such that stretche em out.

7. GnomeToys

GnomeToys Elite Member

At this university, anyway, the frat boys are the designated policemen that make sure that none of the various ethnic / social groups are ever seen outside of their own kind by yelling lots of insults at any loners they happen to see. Black people are immune to this here, because the only black people Purdue has ever let in to my knowledge are on the basketball & football teams.

8. Vanity

Vanity Veteran Member

i know some chick that used to be on the purdue volleyball team.. she's into fisting ;)

9. DISCO BRYSO

DISCO BRYSO Senior Member

I never actually found the real spelling of the word, but phonetically it's:
    pneu/mono/ultro/micro/scopic/uzuco/zocano/coni/osis.

no fucking joke. it's some sort of pulmonary disease.

10. old*824

old*824 Senior Member

pulmonary is like masonary right?

11. T.T Boy

T.T Boy Dirty Dozen Crew

yeah that hapens. but what can you do? it also depends how they were raised as well, if theyre new immigrants, they will usually stick to themselves, or someone who can speak their native language. when i was living minority stylesz, everyone i knew spoke english, i could speak bad italian, but it was useless if i wanted to really talk about something important, mind you, if i was living in a country forever, and becoming educated there it would be another story. id definatley learn the language.

12. You All Rott

You All Rott Member

hahaha. thats so gross. someones signature on here is "fist yourselves".. shit had me laughing.

anywhoo.. in regards to the segregation, another point to consider is that human beings are animals. animals tend to segregate themselves amongst their own kind. i'm not saying that this is true in all cases, but people are different from one another and they usually stick to other people who are most like them. maybe in this case, nationality had a stronger emphasis than anything else... graffiti writers flock towards other graffiti writers, we're a race. someone whose hobby is horseback riding isn't going to come and post on this board. things have always been this way & they will always be, i don't think its such a big deal.