Need to know some stuff about new york city!!! please help...

zirus

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Thanks, Why Write?

I´ve been to pearl paint before but i´m not sure if they will have that type of ink there....Marsh is an industrial labeling ink and i don´t know if pearl paint carry that.

About Scrapyard...do you know where exactly it is located? Close to any spot i can tell my friend to go? Metro station?

Thanks a lot...

:p

i don't think any stores in nyc sell Marsh.

it's pretty difficult to come by.

i know of a place that carries it, but one must posess something called a 'contractor's i.d. number' that is pretty much strictly for liscensed construction companies in order to shop there..

!@#$%: What you say about the contractors licence makes sense, really...i am from spain and here i found some industrial ink quite similar to marsh, and they only sell to professionals and big quantityes...i´ll tell my friend to try at scrapyard, though. Since it is a writers place they might carry that.

...by the way, would anybody know the name of the chemical used to bomb windows with a mop? Never tryed that! :o

i'd be willing to bet at least $5 that scrapyard does not have it.

heavy duty searching graf supply stores on google may turn up a place for mail order, but they are undoubtedly not going to send it overseas..too much $$$ since it would be considered hazardous material.

give it up.

if you were in spain, why don't you just use el diablo leather dye?

that stuff is awesome (and i am a die hard Marsh lover)

the other stuff you speak of is Etch Bath.

that is what the glass etch product is called.

you buy it, let it sit for at least a week or so, when the layers separate you want the clearer tan colored one..i am fairly sure it is acid, i think sulfuric acid (low concentration) and it is permanent on glass. it eats into it. doesn't work as well on plastic..

this is much easier to buy..

a craft store or maybe even pearl paint will have it..

" Etch Bath " not cheap.

if it's not at pearl, any Michaels's or A.C. Moore type craft store should have it.

taking it on a plane may be difficult.

i would advise just mailing it back to spain if she finds it.

oh yeah... there are already a MILLION threads on Marsh and on Etch Bath in The Yard section of this site. do a search first there BEFORE you start asking questions, otherwise you may get clowned..

!@#$%...

I realiced ithere were a zillion posts on this subject right after i posted my last reply...i don´t think there is going to be any marsh ink at the scrapyard, but if i remember correctly, they had it at Alife when i was there one year ago...(well, maybe was just an empty can for display or something....who knows!)

I know there is places you can get it online, but since my friend is going to NYC just wanted to save those $$ for something else.

I have tried LOTS of stuff you can get around here (from mixes of paint to your usual corio/nero/pilot/whtever other ink you want, includin to leather dies and so on...) but never neard of eldiablo one...:o :confused: :o

and what i like about marsh is that matt finish it leaves, that i don´t find in any other ink...

About the etch i suppose you can get it here (never looked for it)...i was just wondering what was the type of acid.

....and to finish...What do you mean by Get Clowned? what does it mean?:o

Laters!

Originally posted by zirus

!@#$%...

what was the type of acid.

....and to finish...What do you mean by Get Clowned? what does it mean?:o

!

..like it says, i think it's sulfuric acid, i'm not sure.

and clown usually means a person who works in a circus with the face paint and ballooons and shit, but in this case it means getting made fun of; made to look like a fool.

Guest roger pitss
Originally posted by zirus

Hello there! A friend of mine is going to NYC next week and i wanted to know were she can get some MARSH T-Grade Black ink for me there...

If anybody can help!!

thanks a lot

:D

:confused: :confused: ill take to a real sweet spot

does she look good?

Archived