need to get this off my chest

leftbehind

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by regulator

dude if you want to kill yourself helllllla easily....go take alotta tylenol pills then go to sleep or knock yourself out..you will never wake up......well at least i think that what happens

how far did you cut your heart out tho?

okay now this is a sick thing to say. how can you possibly say this? is this some kinda reverse psychology? because i dont think it works.

regulator shut up. just shut up, you dont deserve to be a freaking part of this board. comments like that arent even childish or juveneille... theyre inconsiderate. you think youre funny because you suggest suicide to someone who clearly isnt happy with the way things are going or have been. youre just another bitch on this board, and youve lost any respect i had for you.

i feel really bad for ya leftbehind. i read what you said... im feelin for ya. just try to take everything one day at a time, and deal with it in your own way, and not the way someone else is expecting you to. youre a good guy.

have a nice day

-Harpo Marx

I'm not a psychologist, and although I had a drinking problem for a few years, I had a much kinder, gentler upbringing, so I can't really put myself in your shoes too effectively.

The only thing I can try to suggest is this odd mental exercise: if you suddenly got amnesia, and didn't remember any of your past, could you create a new life for yourself, one worth living? You'd be like a blank slate. You'd be sober, reasonably smart, reasonably healthy, able to start again - make new friends, move to a new place, do or find some things you enjoy, paint a few pieces.

Well, you know you can't give yourself amnesia, and drugs barely offer temporary, partial forgetfulness, so that's a dead end. But here's maybe the only true piece of advice I can give you: YOUR PAST has NO POWER to fuck with your future, UNLESS YOU LET IT. So even if you can't get amnesia, you should be able to close the door on your past - DEVALUE it. Pretend you died, but got a second chance at life, on the condition that it starts today, just from the situation you're in.

You say you don't know who you are. That's fine. MAKE YOURSELF. Start today, and keep working on it a little at a time, and sever all ties with anyone who tries to drag you backwards into that powerless past.

Guest imported_Tesseract
Originally posted by Cracked Ass

The only thing I can try to suggest is this odd mental exercise: if you suddenly got amnesia, and didn't remember any of your past, could you create a new life for yourself, one worth living? You'd be like a blank slate. You'd be sober, reasonably smart, reasonably healthy, able to start again - make new friends, move to a new place, do or find some things you enjoy, paint a few pieces.

Well, you know you can't give yourself amnesia, and drugs barely offer temporary, partial forgetfulness, so that's a dead end. But here's maybe the only true piece of advice I can give you: YOUR PAST has NO POWER to fuck with your future, UNLESS YOU LET IT.

Thats very interesting MR.Cracked, but what is it that makes as do the things we do?

I mean different people react different to same things, but there is a reason, or more than one, that makes us act in a certain way.

I'm pretty sure that if i got amnesia i'd eventually end up doin the same life as before.

I'm pretty sure of that.

I think that someone should recognise those things cause otherwise the is no point on reinventing himself.

What to keep and what to waste?

Alright kid if your not playing...........let me release some input on you,

I grew up with an alcoholic father but at the age of 5 my parents got divorced money was never a problem for us but it sure as hell dont buy happines. My mom hooked up with this guy and he used to hit me and tell me he never had to hit his own kids shit was messed up. I grew up with low self esteem, and I never could really communicate with people positively.....

Once I hit 18 I dropped the drugs......got involved with all the wrong ladies though they were fun for a while. Let me tell you this though the right one comes along and the right one doesnt cheat on you. I got away from dating women like that its not good on the soul kid.

I soround myself with friends that dont do drugs we drink a little but we dont over do it. But if your alcoholic I guess you cant just drink a little.

You need to find a positive outlet.........I work out a lot. It gives you good self esteem and it keeps you motivated. I also tried to kill myself had to go on antidepressents, but now I'm 25 things are going great I got me a wife and a son. You just got to pull yourself through the shit in life

and put yourself around positive people........make your own family of friends. I dont know if this helped or if it was wack, but I you pull through theres to much out there in this world to let one girl get ya down.

Originally posted by Tesseract

Thats very interesting MR.Cracked, but what is it that makes as do the things we do?

I mean different people react different to same things, but there is a reason, or more than one, that makes us act in a certain way.

I'm pretty sure that if i got amnesia i'd eventually end up doin the same life as before.

I'm pretty sure of that.

I think that someone should recognise those things cause otherwise the is no point on reinventing himself.

What to keep and what to waste?

This isn't where I was going with my comments, the whole would you live your life the same way again question.

My point is, this dude seems to be focusing on the past, and it's dragging him down. If he had no past, if he could wipe the slate clean, he'd have hope for a life worth living. So it seems worth the effort to TRY and forget or write off the past, and just start over, based on the positives that exist: sobriety, sanity, physical well-being.

Guest imported_Tesseract

yeah, i know. I found that interesting and talked about it. Its a question i have on 'changing your life'. I didnt ment you where going there, thats why i quoted a part of your reply.

I dont know if it sounded ironic but it wasnt meant that way.

I didnt get to read the thread so i am going by what other people have typed here, so please be kind. im just putting in my two cents...I would have to say I really dont agree with forgetting your past and starting new. Your past experiences shape you into who you are today. I know that just saying "hey ill just wipe the slate clean and forget my past" is really not the right thing to do. Everytime something bad happens, you really cant pretend like it never happened to you. Im only 21 but i have had a very trying life, my father was also an alcoholic. This def. affected my life amongst many other fucked up things that happened. With this I chose to learn from these experiences and see how i could make myself a better person. I def. still have some problems and still get down, but its an excuse to keep trying, keep trying at being a better person. I started drinking when i was 12 and by the time i was 18 and waking up in the hospital havin people tell me i almost died, shit woke me the fuck up. I wont let my past take control of my life, if you do you become a slave to the things you hate, the things you never wanted to be. so i guess im just rambling, wanted to try and help somewhat i guess. i dont know..

Guest imported_Tesseract

Although i must add that the 'would you live your life the same way' question really fits here.

As i see it dude suffers from addiction in many states.

Either its a girl, drugs, or even memories.

Thats a tough one to beat.

And one must realise what it is that he wants to be depended or addicted to if it has to be that way. I dont say that as a bad thing, it could translate to passion or it could translate to death.

And all that in order to maintain some 'health'

Guest MR BOJANGLES

i hate "public suicide threats" theyre a pathetic cry for help...take it from a kid/guy who grew up in poverty with junkies for parents and i was doin the same bit. if you were really gonna end it all youd do it silently like my friend who waited till we all left one day and BLEW HIS FUCKIN HEAD OFF. go die emo fag. no love.

didnt get a chance to read his problems before he edited...but if this is a suicidal thoughts deal, check yourself or whoever into a hospital...who ever is contemplating suicide needs help...i went through alot of shit the last few monthes with my mom and dad talking about divorce and my mom attempted to take her own life...its not cool at all when you have to wonder if a person will survive after a suicide attempt...lucky the emts arrived extremely fast and took her off to the hospital...any individual will encounter hard times through ones life, but its know reason to end your own life...no matter how bad you got it there is always someone in a worse condition...look up to brighter things....you are never at the bottom of the pit no matter how bad things may seem...goodluck with whatever is happening...hope things turn out well...

Originally posted by MR BOJANGLES

i hate "public suicide threats" theyre a pathetic cry for help...take it from a kid/guy who grew up in poverty with junkies for parents and i was doin the same bit. if you were really gonna end it all youd do it silently like my friend who waited till we all left one day and BLEW HIS FUCKIN HEAD OFF. go die emo fag. no love.

You're a fucken idiot. There's an actual right way to go about this, is there ?? For fucks sake edit your post before you lose more respect kid..

:mad: :mad:

Originally posted by Devilush

okay now this is a sick thing to say. how can you possibly say this? is this some kinda reverse psychology? because i dont think it works.

i thought it was fuckin hillarious.

mr bojangles has a point. i mean you didnt have to lay down the law like that, but its true, in most cases. my grandmother tried to kill her self 7 times and none of them worked, you know why? she didnt want to die she was just fucked up. my boy tommy hung himself. he left a note in his girlfriends car drove to our old fishin spot and hung himself. this kid erick walked out into the middle of the woods by himself and swallowed a whole lotta buckshot while trippin on acid. my boys brother drove his car into a fucking bigass tree outside of a church on a long stretch of road and killed himself. the only things that they said to give away their intentions were things like "that tree sticks out to me for some reason" or "you think this rope can break someones neck" etc.

as for you, leftbehind, i dont think youll do it, but the thing is, even if your thinking about actually killing yourself, your fucking selfish. shit gets better with time, because time heals everything, and stop thinking about yourself so goddamn much. think about friends and family. cause when you go, their the ones left behind.

I don't know what he wrote...

but I'll say this. When someone publicly says that they want to kill themselves - it's a cry for help. It isn't that they necessarily want to die -they just want the hurt, confusion and sadness that they feel to die.

cracked had a good point in his first post.

suicide is not a cry for help....ive acctualy attempted strangling myself twice and once my dad caught me and once i fainted...its not a fucking cry for help....its when u realize that your life is reallly getting depressing, and you dont see it gettin better, its when you realize that you hate life because you hate having to put up with all the shit you hate.....some of you have pretty good lives i geuss so you probably wont think abuot it....but i have a pretty depressing life, my parents are the biggest shit bags you can find, graffiti is sorta helping cope with my depression as its the first fun thing i found that i like doing

ok all you junior psycholgists out there......

public suicide threats are not a cry for help. they are an actual warning that your friend is thinking about killing themselves. there is a big misconception about that. don't blow off people that bring up suicide. even the fact that they have suicide on the brain is a warning to you. get your friend some help. some actual professional help! because you are neither trained nor mentally cabable of helping your friend in the way they need you too.

bojangles... did your friend really kill himself without saying a single word to you or anyone else? i doubt it if you were really that close to him.

Archived