need some help with a big project..

armand hammer

so the local council has asked my tutor to select 8 people to paint the side of a car park/police station.

now i know the first idea.. pigs..lots of pigs on the building for some irony only thing is the council has final say and will pic only 1 design.

now not to be big headed but most of the kids are on the art course because they thought it would be easy and get them the grades for uni, most are mediocre at best and the majority are looking at os gemos rip offs not even knowing who they are or as always banksy.

his pretty much said i should have it sorted so that kind of helps,main thing is they dont want graff or anything related because it gives a "bad" image on the town.

i have a pallete of greens,reds,blues,yellows and of course black and white and all the shades inbetween, pretty bright natural colours. they want a very natural theme wich im not used to and i doubt i can use my normal style or subject matter as it wont be understood too well by the general public which is the main concern here as they have a say too..(mostly old people and crackheads and benefit cheats)((maby my best audience here will be the crackheads and benefit cheats)).

so i have a few ideas but im mainly looking for tips,help what ever from some of the guys here who are used to having to produce a large scale of work not in anyway related to thier graffiti alter egos and superman personas.

this may not make a lot of sense but im pretty tired ,so sorry if im rambling.

edit**of course all paint etc will be paid for by them im pretty sure it will be standard weather proof wall paint.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Research the history of the town, if it's interesting enough. Pick a historical topic that has sentiment for the crackheads, benefit cheats, old bags....or the people who are paying for the paint.

I've seen many murals on the sides of buildings and they're all related to the history of the town in one way or another.