need help with kickflips

TheWhiteRabbit

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest goreguts

Learning how to skate is a fuckin' pain in the ass. Your best bet is to try your trick a thousand times on carpet. If your foot's coming down before the board flips then your probabally being too timid. Dont' be afraid to slip out and fall on your ass a few times. Just flip the board slowly and keep your feet directly above it. If you concentrate you can learn any trick in afew hours.

Originally posted by tue skinny:

i know how to kickflip and varial flip already what i wanna learn is how to 360 flip those are fuckin hard.any advice how to land em

try to learn 360 shuv its first

or this..

don't kickflip the board very hard concentrate more on what your back foot is doing... you have to push it back really hard like super hard at first until you get the hang of spinning it a full 360... i use my toes a lot when doing this instead of my full foot

to kickflip, an easy way to learn is to get a rock and draw an x across your front bolts..put your foot along the bottom right line of the x, with your heel hanging off a bit.ollie. as you ollie,flick your front foot along the top right part of the x.that will give the board a good flip.catch it, then ride away...try it in a crack first..as for 3 flip knowlej is right..its all in your back foot...sorry if this is too confusing, i learned it from an old issue of transworld.

i used to have trouble with my back foot.. but AC slater hit it on the head. draw and x or any thing that will make your foot land on the bolts. it might be easier to draw a picture of some one u hate, so u can pretend that your stomping on their face. !!!

thats how i learnd my kick and heel flips.. those damn heel flips still get me in my ankles though. oh well lifes odd.. i put my 17 cents in.

PEaceR

learn how to varial flip first. i had the same problem, but found i could get my front foot on the board too when i would varial flip. if you can flip the board, just do that and shove-it at the same time, you may find it's a lot easier to get both feet on the board. after that, kickflips may become easier to do. it just clicked for me after that.

yeah... if you concentrate on centering you body more you will do it better. a good way to learn if try to spin it half ways and land with both feet on it upside down. full rotation is the last step if you ask me

[This message has been edited by Ammo (edited 09-02-2001).]

Guest WeAreJerryLewis

Ive been skating for roughly about 5 years, and ive had kickflips on lock for a while (i dont do them much anymore due to a bad primo accident) but ill give you some pointers for it.

1. Keep your front foot right under the first two bolts on the nose.

2.Get your knees bent and be ready to jump

3.When you pop the tail slam it down hard enough to get a good (at least 8 inch ollie) and start sliding your foot up.

4.Kick it out and off to the side, wich will get the board to rotate into (kickflip, heelflip etc)

5.The hardest part is catching it, you need to commit yourself and not be worried about falling, so bring your feet back down and cath it but dont get it pre-mature or your gonna eat shit real bad.

6.Roll away and bitch about how it "wasnt good enough and you could do better IF YOU TRIED"

------------------

"If you voted for Bush in the last election, you can't take a dump here. Your asshole is in Washington."

so you can do a kick flip and allways land your front foot on the board thats a good start make sure you can do that everytime it helps to do it in a crack first,, then the next step is do your kickflips with only your backfoot on the board,, after doing that several time youll accidently put both foot on the board and actually land it and possibly eat shit congrats you landed your first kickflip and keep it small do a slow rolling kickflip then maybe a kickflip over a crack in the side walk then maybe a cup laying on its side then a curb then keep making it bigger and bigger than eventually youll be kick flipping over trashcans like me i hope this helped

Archived