1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

need help with kickflips

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by TheWhiteRabbit, Sep 2, 2001.

1. TheWhiteRabbit

TheWhiteRabbit 12oz Junior Member

need help with kickflips

Discussion started by TheWhiteRabbit - Sep 2, 2001

alright i started skating about half a year ago and can oile really well, do shove its grind but when it comes to kick flips i just cant do it my front foot wont get on the board in lands first on the pave ment, so if you have any comments ill be glaud to hear them

TheWhiteRabbit - Rank: 12oz Junior Member - Messages:
  2. tEkRoCkS

tEkRoCkS 12oz Veteran Member

tEkRoCkS - Replied Sep 2, 2001

dude go to the birdhouse website and go to the andrew reyonlds kickflip video it will explain alot to u...thats where ive got a few triks from......one

tEkRoCkS - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  3. TheWhiteRabbit

TheWhiteRabbit - Replied Sep 2, 2001

were do i get the plug in for the video?

4. tue skinny

tue skinny 12oz Elite Member

tue skinny - Replied Sep 2, 2001

i know how to kickflip and varial flip already what i wanna learn is how to 360 flip those are fuckin hard.any advice how to land em

tue skinny - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  5. tEkRoCkS

tEkRoCkS 12oz Veteran Member

tEkRoCkS - Replied Sep 2, 2001

tEkRoCkS - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  6. Kran1

Kran1 New Jack

Kran1 - Replied Sep 2, 2001

Maybe your like me and have mob. I can flick(mob) kickflips everytime and i can get my backfoot on, but i never get my front foot on. Damn mob.....

Kran1 - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  7. goreguts

goreguts Guest

goreguts - Replied Sep 2, 2001

Learning how to skate is a fuckin' pain in the ass. Your best bet is to try your trick a thousand times on carpet. If your foot's coming down before the board flips then your probabally being too timid. Dont' be afraid to slip out and fall on your ass a few times. Just flip the board slowly and keep your feet directly above it. If you concentrate you can learn any trick in afew hours.

8. cese

cese 12oz Member

cese - Replied Sep 2, 2001

yo ur just not use to landin them, the trick is to jump high, and put ur feet where u would ollie but just put ur front foot a lil pointed off.

cese - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  9. eyeBddub

eyeBddub 12oz Member

eyeBddub - Replied Sep 2, 2001

try to learn 360 shuv its first
    or this..
    don't kickflip the board very hard concentrate more on what your back foot is doing... you have to push it back really hard like super hard at first until you get the hang of spinning it a full 360... i use my toes a lot when doing this instead of my full foot

eyeBddub - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  10. ac slater

ac slater New Jack

ac slater - Replied Sep 2, 2001

to kickflip, an easy way to learn is to get a rock and draw an x across your front bolts..put your foot along the bottom right line of the x, with your heel hanging off a bit.ollie. as you ollie,flick your front foot along the top right part of the x.that will give the board a good flip.catch it, then ride away...try it in a crack first..as for 3 flip knowlej is right..its all in your back foot...sorry if this is too confusing, i learned it from an old issue of transworld.

ac slater - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  11. defyoner

defyoner 12oz Elite Member

defyoner - Replied Sep 2, 2001

i used to have trouble with my back foot.. but AC slater hit it on the head. draw and x or any thing that will make your foot land on the bolts. it might be easier to draw a picture of some one u hate, so u can pretend that your stomping on their face. !!!

thats how i learnd my kick and heel flips.. those damn heel flips still get me in my ankles though. oh well lifes odd.. i put my 17 cents in.
    PEaceR

defyoner - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  12. hipnos

hipnos Guest

hipnos - Replied Sep 2, 2001

learn how to varial flip first. i had the same problem, but found i could get my front foot on the board too when i would varial flip. if you can flip the board, just do that and shove-it at the same time, you may find it's a lot easier to get both feet on the board. after that, kickflips may become easier to do. it just clicked for me after that.

13. Chicken George

Chicken George 12oz Member

Chicken George - Replied Sep 2, 2001

ha youve been skating a year and cant kickflip..thats pretty bad you should just stop now. start rollerblading.

Chicken George - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  14. Ammo

Ammo 12oz Senior Member

Ammo - Replied Sep 2, 2001

yeah... if you concentrate on centering you body more you will do it better. a good way to learn if try to spin it half ways and land with both feet on it upside down. full rotation is the last step if you ask me

[This message has been edited by Ammo (edited 09-02-2001).]

Ammo - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  15. TheWhiteRabbit

TheWhiteRabbit - Replied Sep 3, 2001

dude i started skating a little after winter and in colorado its the best time to snow board so i didnt really have time to skate i was up boarding during my free time, but thanx every i have gottne pretty close now