Need help w/ recording a CD onto computer! Help, anyone?

Guest 87centHitMan

Guest 87centHitMan

Okay, I need to be able to hook my turntables to a computer and record mixes to make CD's...So, who knows what kind of special cables I would need to hook them up? I also need a good program that can record the data clearly. Anybody know some cheap or free computer recording devices that I can use? I'd really like to do this so I can get some promotion for my shit and so my other freinds can too. So...Let's hear it!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Your gonna need a sound card that supports audio in. There's sound cards that support up to six different devices at the same time so someone can record live mic'd drums an someone else can record whatever without fightin for jack time.

You'd have to tell us what kind of turntables you got and what kind of computer setup and sound card your workin with in order for us to help you.

As for a program to record audio I use Sonic Foundry's Sound Forge 6.

Your basically gonna need a cable to run from the audio out jacks for your turntables (i.e. how your tables put sound out to your speakers) and you'll need a sound card like Creative Sound Blaster Audigy that can support a line in to record from. Then you just record and spin.

Then master it etc... after but that's another thread.

Guest 87centHitMan

I use a Setup of: 2 Gemini PT2400's W/Pioneer DJM-500;...As for the Sound card, I'll have to check on that. What about separating the tracks? I don't want to have a CD that's just one long 67-Minute session with no track dividers...Mikro. What about that cable? How much and where? What about grounding the connection?

!ceberg I've seen you on bluelight. Nov.23rd sucked!

Guest 87centHitMan

Oops. Coincidence I guess. Anyway this is some extremely valuable information to me...It's going to help Immensely. So Thanks for the info. If anyone else has anything to help, speak up! Much appreciated.

Guest mikro137
Originally posted by 87centHitMan

I use a Setup of: 2 Gemini PT2400's W/Pioneer DJM-500;...As for the Sound card, I'll have to check on that. What about separating the tracks? I don't want to have a CD that's just one long 67-Minute session with no track dividers...Mikro. What about that cable? How much and where? What about grounding the connection?

!ceberg I've seen you on bluelight. Nov.23rd sucked!

the cables run about 5 bux , and you can put in track divisions through copying and pasting sections from cooledit and creating seperate files.

Guest 87centHitMan

OK that sound all good, but do you know about grounding tyhe connection? I'm talking about eliminating that static-hum...Will it be fine if I just ground the tables to the mixer? Or does it even need to be grounded if connected to the computer?

Archived