Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

need help transfering to canvas

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by casekonly, Mar 6, 2003.

1. casekonly

casekonly Veteran Member

http://www.fotango.com/p/eba00283686f00000017.jpg'>

ok, that's what i'm trying to transfer to a canvas. i tried using acetone and burnishing with a spoon. no deal, it only smeared copier ink on the canvas. i also tried another technique with an iron and a xerox copy, but still had no luck. some ink transfered, but it was any detail, it was kinda smudgey.
    so, i'm left with one option, that i can think of anyway, that's carbon paper. talk about time consuming. i'm not too down with that, but i'll do what i have to if it comes down to it.
    any help would be appreciated. maybe someone also knows if kinko's does the architectual printing on the blue paper? ya know....blueprint...heh...i don't have any idea if they do it or how much it might cost for that shite...i'm only looking for 18x24...

2. casekonly

casekonly Veteran Member

ok, i'm bumping this because i really need help an di don't want it lost amongst the confusion of lame threads...don't make me kidnap and hold your pets for ransom

3. Dirty_habiT

Dirty_habiT Dirty Dozen Crew

*maybe* if you had a light table, you could trace it onto canvas.... if the canvas was thin enough.

4. When

When 12oz Loyalist

if you dont mind drawing all the lines again or whatnot
    you can pick up mini projectors at most any art store
    i think they run like 40 bucks or so

5. casekonly

casekonly Veteran Member

thanks for the suggestions. i'm really stuck. i don't know about tracing, though, that's alot of lines. if worse comes to worse, i'll give it a shot.
    hmm, a light box....i don't think this canvas is thin enough. maybe a projector....or carbon paper and a sharpie...i'll do some experimenting.
    i may just have to finish it in photoshop and have an 18x24 printed...gah...sucks...mass printing costs...

btw, it was rendered in 3dsm. took 1 1/2 hours to render out at 3600x 2700 at a 1:3 aspect ratio and 300 dpi...lots of lines...

6. yoink

yoink Elite Member

im not sure bout some other ideas, but my frind who only paints uses a projector for his large paintings and some times for detailed stuff, u could try to simplify it so not tracing every line and what not then have that model as a reference for painting, good luck either way.

7. Matthew13

Matthew13 Member

I remember in highschool, this teacher used to do shit like that using GooGone...I cant remember the technique exactly but you could probally figure it out if you fucked around. It didn't look too hard.

matthewthirteen.

8. eseLokE1uno

eseLokE1uno Senior Member

you can print that shit on canvas through a pc, not exactly sure how its done but I've heard it has good results. afterwards you can strecth it and add whatever else your going to-

9. vinyl junkie

vinyl junkie Elite Member

10. FlamingHobo

FlamingHobo Guest

there's this thing called talent...repaint the thing..or do something similar...andy warhol ass nigga..

11. wiseguy

wiseguy Elite Member

whenever i am trying to transfer something onto canvas, and it has to be exact, i put the image on an acetate sheet, then project it then trace the rough outline then clean it up later. you can get it really accurate that way.

12. Kr430n5_666

Kr430n5_666 Banned

13. casekonly

casekonly Veteran Member

bitch, please. why don't you step up and get ko-wrecked....ha ha, just kidding. look, this is just an experiment. the projection idea isn't too bad.
    i'm leaning towards it, the more i think about it. i dunno, it's just crazy thinking about all of those lines.
    as for talent, i'm guessing you missed the bus along with kris-kross

14. KING BLING

KING BLING Guest

go to an art store and ask....

15. krie

krie Guest

wow that looks like its gonna be hard to do..