Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

need a little help.

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by aoneske, Nov 1, 2004.

1. aoneske

aoneske New Jack

Ok I'm stuck between the options of finishing school ..to become a teacher or opening up a bookstore. I really want to do both but i see no way of getting both of them done.. So I figure I'll just do one of them but I can't decide... I know if I finish school that's more money I have to pay out of my own pocket... which means no money for me... but i really want to do this teaching thing. But If I open up a bookstore I can take out a loan and pay that off with the money I make off the bookstore.. I know there is a lot of competition out there with companies like Borders and Walden books but Fuck them! I'll put em' all outta business..then there is all the what if's ? fuck it I'm confused ..I NEED HELP...Please Help me! Oh yea I'm writing book too!

2. iloveboxcars

iloveboxcars 12oz Royalty

what stops you from doing both?

3. aoneske

aoneske New Jack

money and time..

4. fermentor666

fermentor666 Veteran Member

Look to the stars to guide you...

5. iloveboxcars

iloveboxcars 12oz Royalty

you dont have to pull the bookstore out of your ass right when you become a teacher. it can happen acouple years down the road.

6. SteveAustin

SteveAustin Veteran Member

how do you intend to compete with the large, discount book stores?

I'd continue with school.

7. fermentor666

fermentor666 Veteran Member

It'd be smarter to get the degree, that way you can save up money to run the bookstore after a few years of teaching. Even though teaching pays shit.

8. GucciCondom

GucciCondom Veteran Member

Yeah they both are pretty shitty ideas if you want to make money.

I would say get the teaching shit on lock and then start the book store. You may realize that the bookstore idea isn't good down the road and be glad that you didn't waste time on it.

9. SteveAustin

SteveAustin Veteran Member

at the very least take some business classes.

10. panic

panic Member

I had a teacher that ran a nice restrant and taught math.

11. Gunm

Gunm Banned

the only job you'll make money at teaching is if you're a college professor but that requires a PHD.

You also can bang your students and not get arrested for it.

Other than that, being a teacher in the public school system guarantees that you'll give some little fuck an F grade and then he comes back the next day and shoots you.

12. WHO R U?

WHO R U? New Jack

wut kind of teacher?...i mean if u actually wud like to teach people, and u have patience with people and u dont have a short fuse..then i would take that as an option...but also tqake into consideration that science and math teachers get paid more then any other subject...the whole bookstore is a good idea...u get to be ur own boss and u dont have to put up wit peoples shit...just go wit ur instincts(miss spelled?). i mean if one thing fails u still got the other option right??

13. aoneske

aoneske New Jack

Bookstore I think Is a good Idea but u guys put some stuff in perepctive for me ...If I finish my schooling to be a teacher... wut kind o teacher that would be a history techer... then I can save up money while teaching and be successful I already got $6,000.00 saved up from my shitty ass job right now...Then I could take a loan out too ... and u ask how I will put those big businesses out o business...Well I got one great friend that's actually smart ... and once u put in idea in her head she can't stop thinkin about it...so she will be the matermind behind all of my success...maybe i'll go into business with her! wuttya think?

14. Nekro

Nekro Elite Member

Bookstore: meet www.amazon.com.

Bookshelves are like wallpaper at my house. My mom buys them like most people buy packs of cigarettes, there's at least one amazon.com package arriving each week. This is made possible by amazon. Don't try to compete with that shit. As much as it sucks, independent bookstores are on their way out.

Go to school and become a teacher, you'll have something you can work with later on and something to fall back on if your bookstore doesn't work out.

15. Swiffer Jet

Swiffer Jet Elite Member

I'm probably going to major in accounting. If you need an accountant, hollachaboy :p