Neck Face Book

slum

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by DTOK@Oct 27 2004, 06:49 PM

your just mad hes up

haha, i knew someone would respond with this.

i dont hate sigh, onorok, totem2, mr.abc, eruptoe, kem5 fucking etc etc etc for getting up. because they do shit i enjoy seeing. "beat your kids" -neckface... i've seen this on a hopper. my 14 year old brother could write the same shit. kid is annoying and just a gimmick.

Originally posted by holycrapRUN@Oct 30 2004, 06:02 PM

neckface is fucking awsome. im sorrry but all ofyou who think he sucks because he doesnt do crazy peices and shit dont understand that he is a billion times more original than most of the writers out there. everyone does throwups. not everyone draws huge hairy arms.

actually he isn't original. the whole abstract odd ball concept thing has been done several times before. so no. he isn't a billion times more original that most writers out there... because he isn't original at all.

Hardly original... but neither is rocking 3D, unreadable wildstyle, ny fillins or cholo styles.

Basically graffiti treats the world as it's bitch and doesn't give a fuck about it's rules... this guy basically said 'well, graffiti's my bitch and fuck your rules'... I don't even follow his shit nor am I a fan but whatever, it's what it is even if I know I could do it with my eyes closed.

Guest clockwork202

hahah i dont know what some of you are smoking but this guy is far from original like that one dude said its been done before, i just think this guy is lame and should be punched in the face . this guy does bad graffiti on purpose to get attention and regular people who see that trash on the street think that thats what graffiti is, it makes everyone else look bad, and its not just him, others are doing wack shit like him , hopefully it wont be a trend, its actually really gay if you ask me

i used to hate on dude a lot, then i saw him and realized that he is absolutely 100% as ugly as his characters....somehow that made me not dislike him so much.

it's not actually him i've ever objected to so much, it's the spawn of shitty followers that i fear will try riding his coat tails....it's lowering the standards of graff, so that any art fag with a marker can do it.

which i guess is bullshit for me to try and be mad about. i dont 'own' graffiti, so i can hardly dictate what is and isnt.

fact of the matter is that dude gets up....alot. he didnt ask for this publicity, and i really doubt he ever saw it coming. he filled the 'shitty art' void that had been left since basquiat quit scribbling on tires with house paint. its not original, but i dont think he ever claimed it was, so how can anyone fault him for that? i dont know who 90% of the people posting in this thread are, but i do know that if their work got put out there to be judged, not a single one of us would stand up to the level of originality we're expecting him to adhere to.

as for cats in ny hating...its ny. they'd hate if he was cope. no matter what you do, someone in ny will always hate you for it. it's just how the game goes.

i dont really care for dudes stuff, but i dont mind that he does it. i really dread the idea of hundreds of kids running around scribbling bullshit on stuff, thinking it makes them special, but what can you do (other than just go over them)? from what i gather, he's an obsessive complusive kid who wanted to write on shit, so he did. no more, no less. maybe im missing a whole lot of the story, but that's my take on it.

i wish i would have copped a copy of the book. originally to flip on ebay, but now i'd actually like one just to have for the fuck of it. i suppose that means i respect him, which also means im eating a whole lot of things i said before. no biggie, props where they're due.

my .02