NCAA Men's Basketball Championship 2004

Weapon X

I searched and searched for YEAHMANWORD'S thread to no avail, so I’m rehashing what may be an old wound for some of you guys in this one. As far as the pool goes, the participants can check the results at yahoo.com

Right on the front page, there is a link to the “pick ‘em” section. Put in your user id and password, the click on 12 oz hard roxxx. The password to the 12 oz hard roxxx room is cdd92e .

Anyway, I belive it’s between me and Alabama right now, as we are in first and second, respectively. I got GT to win it tonight, he’s got UConn. We’ll see what happens.

I just can’t wait for the big game and to hear “One Shining Moment” while I sit on the couch eating ice cream and pop corn.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by T=E=A=S=E

god im good...

Tease, I ain’t trying to diss you or anything, but I feel that I should point out something. You act like you know, but I’m not really sure whether you do. I’m sure you know your shit about sports when it comes to the Rockets or the Mavs, or the Spurs, or whoever the fuck you follow. But you are so damn see through, guy. In the Super Bowl thread, you gave your expert opinion on the Patriots destroying the Panthers. You and the rest of the nation. It’s so obvious that you either caught a bit of a sports analysis show while in the room with your dad, or your peers were saying that shit non-stop. Either way, my mother could have predicted the same.

Same goes for this thread. The popular vote prior to the game was that UConn was going to win. Even I said that. I picked GT to take out Syracuse in the finals in the 12 oz pool, but it didn’t work out that way because I’m not a genius, and besides, there was no money on it. For Georgia Tech to win tonight, it would have to be an upset. In the Super Bowl thread, you were saying “see, I told you so” when you thought the Panthers were gonna get their heads chopped off. I predicted a 3 point win for them, but instead, they lost by a field goal.

Sorry for the rambling, but I’m just saying, you’re transparent when you’re trying to come off as a sports fan/expert. You’ve admitted to only liking basketball, and I’m sure you’re good, but do you even follow the students or the pros? Don’t front like that. You’d pull off a better act playing the middle class thug, I think.

PS: The game ain’t over! :D

For real, I really thought it would be closer. :confused: I was thinking it would be at the most a ten point game for the Huskies.

you must be beside yourself chump... coming at "tha god" like that.

one thing i know, is basketball. you little bitchfuck.

i would wreck you at it, anyday, anytime, anywhere.

i made my predictions after watching to Uconn team beat duke, as well as some of the other games they've played, and I've caught some of Gtech's games as well, they're good, and fast, but Uconn looked better defense wise. Uconn is a lot faster than i thought originally, but like i said from the jump, they were the better team i thought.

im like a fucking coach with mines 'son... i got the eye for talent.

better fucking believe me kid. aight den?

holla!

hahahhahaha for serious, you bia bia

Well, then. I guess the extensive basketball knowledge that you’ve developed from watching a couple of college ball games and playing some pickup at the schoolyard would make you the man to hire for GM of the Raptors. Submit your papers, duke, we need someone with the balls to trade off Carter.

any fucking ways kid, im a playground legend round hurrrrrrrr, ask hot suace.

naw but i do like basketball, and i do got an eye for talent... sorry man, but thats that.

this is a hopeless battle for you b.

ps- im not mad at you or nothing, although i think its quite ridiculous how long of a post you made in response to what i said... hahaha.

:lol:

Originally posted by T=E=A=S=E

i think Uconn is going to win...

although Gtech is fast and shit, i think that they won't be able to handle Uconn. That's what i'd bet on anyways...

Uconn takes it.

TEASE wonks.

Gtech's dumbasses shoulda started fouling earlier... idiots. mighta had a shot at winning.

ONE SHINING MOMENT

Like I said, I get bothered easy by stupid things. An earthquake in Iran devastates thousands, and I’m pissed off about my Nikes getting scuffed.

But really, don’t try and front like an expert, b. No one else does. Reread the post, I'm trying to help you.

ONE SHINING MOMENT

Hats off to the Huskies! Jim Calhoun did it again.

im kidding with you man.

youre wrong about me and sports though, im a fanatic. I dont watch much sports center, or care about others opinions, i can judge talent with my own two eyes, and know whats up.

i watch any game level of basketball i catch, and i like football to.

i dont follow either religously, but i gurantee you 9 out of 10 times, i could pick the winner in a basketball game after watching them for a few minutes.

im a great judge of talent.

thats all i was getting at.

ps- not to brag or anything, but im good at damn near any sport. ill kill you son!

:lol: ;) :beat:

i never really pay much attention, but last night i was watching the the LA SA game. Shaq totally dove to try to block/intercept a pass. he didnt come close but it was still cool. he's a fucking tremendous motherfucker. i know nothing about sports but i felt like posting in this thread since i was watching last night. this is probably one of those posts that proably should never even happen. maybe i'll just erase this and not post it. mmmm.... nah fuck it.

What the? You get to watch nba games over there?

Actually, that shouldn’t come as a huge surprise. My buddy is in Taiwan right now, and he said that he convinced the bartender to show two Leaf games a week there. And that’s hockey, which is not nearly as international as basketball is.

keeping it real in storrs

35 Arrested in Violent NCAA Celebration

1 hour, 11 minutes ago

By SARAH COFFEY, Associated Press Writer

STORRS, Conn. - University of Connecticut fans started fires and overturned cars during the night in celebration of the school's men's basketball team winning its second NCAA (news - web sites) championship.

About 35 people were arrested, authorities said Tuesday. No serious injuries were reported.

Thousands of dancing, cheering fans celebrated across campus after the UConn Huskies beat Georgia Tech 82-73 Monday night, lighting fires and fireworks and upending trash cans.

University police said several thousand people gathered at the Celeron Square apartment complex where many students live, about a mile north of campus. A dozen fires were set outside and two cars were overturned.

"This is one of those situations we won't tolerate," university police Maj. Ron Blicher said. "This is the worst up here in recent memory."

On Saturday, after UConn's semifinal victory, a crowd lit a bonfire at Celeron Square and a dozen people were arrested. Bonfires also were started when UConn won its first championship in 1999.

A beefed-up police force dispersed the crowds Monday night while firefighters doused flames. Authorities said the partying appeared to die down by about 2 a.m. Tuesday.

Police and firefighters will be ready again Tuesday night, when the UConn women's basketball team plays Tennessee in the national championship game in New Orleans. If they win, UConn would be the first college to win both the men's and women's titles in the same year. The Lady Huskies were going for their third straight title.

About 7,000 people had watched the men's game on large-screen televisions at Gampel Pavilion, the team's home arena.

After the game, the university set up a party outside Gampel.

"Everybody just gets so excited," said Kevin Fahey, an assistant director of campus activities. "There's so much energy. They need a place to let it out."

But along with the party outside Gampel, some fans set a couch and a barrier on fire, and police arrested two people they said had climbed a ledge outside the arena.

• 2 weeks later...