NBC'S "THE APPRENTICE" GRAFFITI BATTLE

InnerCityRebel

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THE APPRENTICE #306

AIR DATE: 02-24-2005 9:00PM

"The Writing on the Wall" - The candidates compete in a corporate graffiti advertising task for a new video game. One team paints themselves into a corner while the other does their market research. The winners are treated like supermodels while the losers get off track in the boardroom when the 7th candidate is fired

hmm well i'll try to explain it

there were two teams

and they had to come up with a advertising concept that appealed to urban males 18-30.

The advertisement had to be done on a 24ft wall in graffiti.

So the teams met a few graff artists and looked through their portfolios and chose them.

the team that won - won because they had selling elements in it. Like E for everyone, money, bling bling....

it was awful

who came up with the ideas for the mural/ad concept? the writers or the people?

considering the completely off-base approach that won, i'm assuming it was the people yes? gaaaayyyyyyy.

honestly, i'm over being 'mad' that graff gets used to promote shit, at this point, i'm just annoyed that it gets bastardized and done in a way that just insults my intelligence. fucking ad agencies go out and employ writers because their 'realness' is appealing to the public, but then they in turn tell the writers how to be 'real'. it's fucking horseshit and it comes out looking fake as shit every time. it's like if i was to tell my lawyer how to defend my murder case. never gona work. if they wanted a graffiti campain they should have gotten a writer - a real one, that isn't fucking 25 years past their prime an just trusted that dude would know his shit. of course i'd prefer they just leave graff alone completely, but since that's obviously not going to happen, atleast do it right.

whatever, donald trump has retarded hair.