Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Natural Resources...Plenty or Running Out?

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Pistol, May 20, 2002.

1. Pistol

Pistol Dirty Dozen Crew

This was being mentioned in the "Having kids" thread. Thought it was taking that one off course and there is enough to discuss about it to be able to start a new thread.

2. uncle-boy

uncle-boy Guest

dis buggah get planny.

3. dai

dai Senior Member

well in our lifetimes, i dont think we have much to worry about, other than the constant threat of terrorism.

4. blame

blame Junior Member

yeah sometimes i will let the water run and burn tyres just to use up the worlds resources:rolleyes:

5. Gnes 37

Gnes 37 Veteran Member

its the greed of certain resources that prevents us from opening new resources which is better than the last. this prevent us from envolving example the oil industry i can name many fuels far safer and plentifull to preplace dead animals but no the big cats in the oil industry have ties to the goverment which will prevent anything of the like to happen

[​IMG]

6. Pistol

Pistol Dirty Dozen Crew

I think the world will have most of the natural resources to be able to sustain life for a long time. As far as food goes alot of countries including the US throw out alot of food all the time. Sure there are alot of strving countries out there. Yes, the environment plays a major factor in the famine. But alot of it has to do with politics and the leaders of the country. Many don't worry about feeding the people or stuff like that. One recent example is that of the Taliban. They didn't give 2 shits about all the people starving out there. They did nothing to improve what little schooling they had that might have helped them in the future with building dams planting crops etc.

7. Abracadabra

Abracadabra Dirty Dozen Crew

if people keep getting pissy at the middle east, oil is gunna get scarce

8. metallix

metallix Elite Member

not really

the worlds energy markets are being opened up
    the middle east only produces 13% of the world's oil.

fuck oil..fuck the u.s. and its greed

fuck exxon mobil fuck dubya

9. willy.wonka

willy.wonka Guest

theres always ALASKA...:rolleyes:

10. 23578

23578 Elite Member

yeah, they're obviously not getting bigger. i think the biggest natural resource that i worry about is our vegetation, and how much plastic and metal, glass, ceramics, cement, nuclear radiation etc. are choking it out and altering their evolution. water, yeah it's important too, then oil. we're pretty well along to fucked, it's soooo complicated, i for 1 cannot put my arms around the whole thing. it'll probably not stop me from having kids if i meet a cool enough chick, and she wants to:).

11. Are2

Are2 Guest

nonrenewable natural resources=depleted

12. Kr430n5_666

Kr430n5_666 Banned

13. Xeroshoes

Xeroshoes Senior Member

Well oil industry or no, hydrogen power is in development (which is a potentially limitless fuel source, as well as no more expensive than fossil fuels, i believe) and the oil industry can only exist as long as oil is in supply, which may not be very long. Already in Iceland they are implementing or will soon implement hydrogen powered buses, and they are planning on integrating hydrogen power into their society.

But eventually, barring the extinction of the human race, people will have to colonize other parts of the solar system (such as the Moon, Mars, or Ganymede) because, of course, the earth can only hold so many people. It makes me sad I won't be alive then, although if I were I would probably take it for granted.

14. -MOE LESTER-

-MOE LESTER- Guest

its sad how wastefull americans are....my grandma lived through world war II in japan, when she and her generation had to learn how to live off meager resources, she puts EVERYTHING to good use, if only she could school these wasteful americans and shit.....fuck the world

15. 23578

23578 Elite Member

ahh, the japanese are succumbing to sloth and disease now too, it's a world wide epidemic, there aren't many that aren't affected anymore.