Natural Resources...Plenty or Running Out?

Pistol

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

its the greed of certain resources that prevents us from opening new resources which is better than the last. this prevent us from envolving example the oil industry i can name many fuels far safer and plentifull to preplace dead animals but no the big cats in the oil industry have ties to the goverment which will prevent anything of the like to happen

http://brokenschool.com/foad/g10.jpg'>

I think the world will have most of the natural resources to be able to sustain life for a long time. As far as food goes alot of countries including the US throw out alot of food all the time. Sure there are alot of strving countries out there. Yes, the environment plays a major factor in the famine. But alot of it has to do with politics and the leaders of the country. Many don't worry about feeding the people or stuff like that. One recent example is that of the Taliban. They didn't give 2 shits about all the people starving out there. They did nothing to improve what little schooling they had that might have helped them in the future with building dams planting crops etc.

Originally posted by Mr. ABC

if people keep getting pissy at the middle east, oil is gunna get scarce

not really

the worlds energy markets are being opened up

the middle east only produces 13% of the world's oil.

fuck oil..fuck the u.s. and its greed

fuck exxon mobil fuck dubya

yeah, they're obviously not getting bigger. i think the biggest natural resource that i worry about is our vegetation, and how much plastic and metal, glass, ceramics, cement, nuclear radiation etc. are choking it out and altering their evolution. water, yeah it's important too, then oil. we're pretty well along to fucked, it's soooo complicated, i for 1 cannot put my arms around the whole thing. it'll probably not stop me from having kids if i meet a cool enough chick, and she wants to:).

Originally posted by Gnes 37

its the greed of certain resources that prevents us from opening new resources which is better than the last. this prevent us from envolving example the oil industry i can name many fuels far safer and plentifull to preplace dead animals but no the big cats in the oil industry have ties to the goverment which will prevent anything of the like to happen

Well oil industry or no, hydrogen power is in development (which is a potentially limitless fuel source, as well as no more expensive than fossil fuels, i believe) and the oil industry can only exist as long as oil is in supply, which may not be very long. Already in Iceland they are implementing or will soon implement hydrogen powered buses, and they are planning on integrating hydrogen power into their society.

But eventually, barring the extinction of the human race, people will have to colonize other parts of the solar system (such as the Moon, Mars, or Ganymede) because, of course, the earth can only hold so many people. It makes me sad I won't be alive then, although if I were I would probably take it for granted.

Guest -MOE LESTER-

its sad how wastefull americans are....my grandma lived through world war II in japan, when she and her generation had to learn how to live off meager resources, she puts EVERYTHING to good use, if only she could school these wasteful americans and shit.....fuck the world

Archived