names to write

SEKrocstar OTR CFC

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest imported_Tesseract

I was thinking about that a lot lately.

I make pieces under lots of names.But i concider one of those names my main one. I am not really happy about it, its a common name, i probably share it with a bunch of other writers around the globe.

And i dont really care, i have it from when i started 7 years ago.

So its my name, i dont care.

The thing that bothers me the most is that in the quest of originality people choose really silly names, a 3/4 letter combo that doesnt mean anything and sounds ugly.

My name is one of those although not to original.

You mentioned 26 letters, fuck that.

Cause at the end we are talking about the same 10 letters combined in 3 or 4 letter words...Not to many alternatives right?

Why? cause not to many writers have the balls to rock a Q or an X.

But thats straight formalistic shit, names are not copyrighted as walls arent also. They're locked by style.

If your pieces under a _______ name lack style, your name will be taken by someone that actually deserves it just like your piece on a wall that will get covered really soon if its not able to prevent it.

And to get back to your question,

I think we earn our names, everytime i see the word "amaze" i automaticly think of AMAZE however that doesnt happen with other words that someone might be writing.

I dont know if i feel that AMAZE is one of the coolest names a writer could have because its a good name or because the person behind is one of the coolest writers. The one thing i know is that the name is taken cause noone can write it without thinking of "AMAZE".

And if you write SD56NHQ and you're biting you still aint shit.

I say, pick a name that you like and actually can work on without thinking of someone elses stuff and do your best to hold it.

Its like Highlander:

"There can only be one"

Guest Pilau Hands
The thing that bothers me the most is that in the quest of originality people choose really silly names, a 3/4 letter combo that doesnt mean anything and sounds ugly

i understand what you're saying, but i'd much rather see that, providing the right attitude was behind it. i mean if you're trying to be thug with a name like Glyxinixlpx then it won't really happen.

Although look an SNX in NYC on the 7line. It stands for Schonix! That kid destroys...seriously a fill-in AT LEAST on EVERY SINGLE ROOFTOP on the 7. No joke.

I'd rather see someone right something that makes them happy (hence the signature), no matter how silly it is. Don't try and please others or worry if it sounds fresh enough. (Someone in Nyc rights Fresh...and yes his stuff is).

do what you feel

eat a pastrami sandwich

Guest imported_Tesseract

On a sidenote,

I was also thinking about countries and places that have a different alphabet,

Speak another language.

It seems that graffiti as we know it is strictly associated with the English alphabet.

Maybe its because we often judge the style of a letter based on its history of transformations.

...i was actually thinking about this the other day too...i was wondering if certains letters or combinations or words are intrinsically more pleasing to the human mind, and thus thats why you get the same letters and names(assuming you could hold the biting variable constant)...like on a deep subconcious level, jung style...i dunno just a thought.....

• 1 year later...
Originally posted by BigOatser

It is so easy to think of new names.

sure it's easy..but right when you get the name..your doing all good getting the hang of it..then you come to find out theres another you..lol..shit happens

although there are only 26 letters in the ~~~~~bet..there are billions of words in the englosh language to choose from.....and should u fin yer name being used by another .....try to test...and in the end u will see who is worthy of the title....

Guest KING BLING
Originally posted by IntangibleFame

If someone was smart they would write Ggggg-unit....

Someone out there has done at least two whole cars with this name though it isnt the name they are known by. He might even be in it....

on of my friends in jersey told me about someone that writes casek spelled kasec...so, i guess it's only expected that things will go this way...i was thinking about a new style today, but it might end up biting someone else's style...i'm just not sure...the thing is, it doesn't involve letters at all, more or less, the illusion of letters....hmm....

Archived